Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? (1714 Views)

Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming / An Introduction To Programming Using C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by eazyd(m): 10:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
I don't know if this is the right section to post this topic but how many people on NL is participating in Introduction to Mathematical Thinking by Stanford on https://www.coursera.org/ . 50,000 students signed on, just wondering if anyone on NL did so we can collaborate during the class. It starts tomorrow, Sep 17th 2012 (7 weeks long).
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by VictorAkujobi: 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2012
Nah, I'm currently signed up to Machine Learning (Week 3) and Functional Programming, which reminds me, I've an assignment due this evening!!
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by eazyd(m): 11:29pm On Sep 17, 2012
cool..how has your experience been so far?
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by VictorAkujobi: 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
It's been good. I'm a big fan of machine learning. I've been learning a tiny bit. But overall, it's kind of hard coupling my day job (Software Dev) with the two courses. How about yourself? DId y'all get your first lectures yet?
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by eazyd(m): 12:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
Great. The lecture starts today! I have a very busy schedule too but i'll try to follow the class up, i got the book from amazon and its a wonderful course just to make you think mathematically. grin
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Gamuguma(m): 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
@Op i av a problem registering.. They keep telling me '' stronger password'' av tried all the mixture of passwords i knw yet no avail. Plz can anyone tell me the format for coursera password. Rgds
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Kslib(m): 6:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
Just repeat ur password again eg: garrigarri
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Gamuguma(m): 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2012
av tried it, no positive result too. Did u use ''underscore'' or something. Am realy interested in the program
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Gamuguma(m): 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2012
thanks, av tried it but no positive result too. Did u use ''underscore'' or something. Am realy interested in the program
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by litusista(f): 1:07am On Sep 20, 2012
Presently taking the cryptography classes and its really cool. we are in the third week. Wont mind meeting anyone taking d crypt classes on coursera too.
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Kslib(m): 9:05am On Sep 20, 2012
Gamuguma: thanks, av tried it but no positive result too. Did u use ''underscore'' or something. Am realy interested in the program
Ok.. Just exit the page and visit from the link posted on this thread and register.. I didn't use underscore. I just repeated my password twice.. Maybe the password was too short and simple.. Try something like "iamavictoryiamavictory"
Just make sure the fist password is more than 6 letters,then repeat it....
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Gamuguma(m): 5:42am On Sep 21, 2012
thanks alot kslib. no avail too shall, i even repeat my password 5times with about 10 characters each. did u used mobile phone to register on coursera?
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Kslib(m): 1:57pm On Sep 21, 2012
Yea.. I used my phone.. Are you sure your email address is valid? Lastly,what does coursera writes when you input your password?
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Gamuguma(m): 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
my emails are valid. Coursera message'' use stronger password''. I even combined both underscore,dollar infact anytype of symbol so far yet no avail. Thanks for trying to help
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Kslib(m): 6:31pm On Sep 21, 2012
Gamuguma: my emails are valid. Coursera message'' use stronger password''. I even combined both underscore,dollar infact anytype of symbol so far yet no avail. Thanks for trying to help
Hahaha!!! Ok find out if you can change your password after registration. If you can,i will register on your behalf,then you change ur password to your taste....
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Gamuguma(m): 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2012
yea bro, i av google it, u can change ur name, password, and email addresss after registration. Thankx alot
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by ektbear: 12:29am On Sep 22, 2012
interesting.
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Israelie(m): 6:43am On Sep 22, 2012
xup guys, wat is d coursera al abt...can u explain more abt it pls..
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by eazyd(m): 11:52am On Sep 22, 2012
Israelie: xup guys, wat is d coursera al abt...can u explain more abt it pls..

Go to https://www.coursera.org/
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Kslib(m): 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2012
Gamuguma: yea bro, i av google it, u can change ur name, password, and email addresss after registration. Thankx alot
ok..give me the details
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Gamuguma(m): 9:15pm On Sep 22, 2012
ok, use any name of ur choice and password as well, my email is emymillions@gmail.com. Thereafter u tell me wat u used. Thnks
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Kslib(m): 10:47pm On Sep 22, 2012
You didn't tell me your course
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Gamuguma(m): 9:54am On Sep 23, 2012
ok
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Gamuguma(m): 3:58pm On Sep 23, 2012
[quote author=Gamuguma]
Ok, am interested in 3 courses: (1) introduction to logic
(2) finance
(3) crash course on creativity
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Gamuguma(m): 3:58pm On Sep 23, 2012
Ok, am interested in 3 courses: (1) introduction to logic
(2) finance
(3) crash course on creativity
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Kslib(m): 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
Sorry for the late reply.. I tried registering for you,but it just keeps telling me to use a stronger password... I thought it was your email address that had the problem..so i registered a new gmail account on your behalf,but it still keeps telling me to use a stronger password.
So i now decided to divert all my classes to your new gmail account..which means that you will be recieving the classes insted of me.. I registered for introduction into mathematical thinkiing,but you can un-enroll if you dont like it..
You can now enroll into your desired course.. Dont worry,you can enroll into as many courses as you like.. If you are ready,just let me know so i can give you the password and the email address.. I dont just want to drop it without you being online.... Hope i didn' t confuse you..
You should change password of ur new gmail account,when i give you.. You should also reset your coursera password when i give you. So it can be private for your eyes only..
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Gamuguma(m): 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2012
Kslib: Sorry for the late reply.. I tried registering for you,but it just keeps telling me to use a stronger password... I thought it was your email address that had the problem..so i registered a new gmail account on your behalf,but it still keeps telling me to use a stronger password.
So i now decided to divert all my classes to your new gmail account..which means that you will be recieving the classes insted of me..

sorry for the stress i made u pass through . Wait a minute I dont get something clearly here, u dont want to continue the program? Or What will now happen to u if i shud take the new gmail account?
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Kslib(m): 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2012
Gamuguma:

sorry for the stress i made u pass through . Wait a minute I dont get something clearly here, u dont want to continue the program? Or What will now happen to u if i shud take the new gmail account?
I will register again some other time.. When am really ready,i will enroll again...
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Gamuguma(m): 9:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
thanks alot brother, i really appreciate your effort but my conscience will nt allow me to accept your account. Plz continue with your program, I will take it as my fate. ''one love''.
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Gamuguma(m): 9:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
thanks alot brother, i really appreciate your effort but my conscience will nt allow me to accept your account. Plz continue with your program, I will take it as my fate. ''one love''. <You are a nice fellow>
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Kslib(m): 10:48pm On Sep 24, 2012
Gamuguma: thanks alot brother, i really appreciate your effort but my conscience will nt allow me to accept your account. Plz continue with your program, I will take it as my fate. ''one love''.
hmmmnn,well i can see youv'e already made your mind. Not to worry,i just sent them an email complaining about the "use a stronger password problem". They replied,but said i should wait a little,cos they handle thousands of mails daily..
One thing is for sure,they said they will answer my query... But do you still want the gmail account i created on your behalf?
Re: Did You Register For Introduction To Mathematical Thinking? by Gamuguma(m): 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
Kslib:
hmmmnn,well i can see youv'e already made your mind. Not to worry,i just sent them an email complaining about the "use a stronger password problem". They replied,but said i should wait a little,cos they handle thousands of mails daily..
One thing is for sure,they said they will answer my query... But do you still want the gmail account i created on your behalf?

For now just continue with your program once they send you an email indicating they have resolve the ''use a stronger password'' problem, then i will enrol. Once again thanks alot

(1) (Reply)

Create Fake Student I.d. / Final Year Project - Please Help / Should I Build From Scratch Or Use A Framework?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.