Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

O Muslims, What's With The Fuss over A FILM Anyway? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / O Muslims, What's With The Fuss over A FILM Anyway? (1028 Views)

Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

O Muslims, What's With The Fuss over A FILM Anyway? by usisky(m): 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2012
God....The Most Gracious!

[size=13pt]
NOTE: I am never in support of any act of violence or incitement of it thereof. All human life is sacred, and no one should take another person's life except by accident or in the course of justice. I therefore condemn the actions of those who made the movie,as it's was a deliberate incitement of violence; for they knew for a fact that the muslims will be angered by it, and that their usual response.....VIOLENCE!. I strongly condemn the actions of those muslims who took the law into their hands and felt the only way justice can be served is by causing injury to or killing innocent people who have no connection with the movie(even if they did, it does not warrant such barbaric behavior). Even far worse for those ignorant muslims who take the lives of innocent people unjustly, is that they are in God's condemnation and will face the ultimate judge someday.

Yes....! the iconoclast is here again. What's in a movie and why the uproar? The real question is: Where did the makers of the movie source their information about the prophet from? You really don't have to be a genius to realize that the movie is simply a re-enactment of stories in Your(muslims) cherished "HADITHS(so called sayings of the Prophet) and SUNNAH(Deeds of the Prophet)". If all these years you never saw these false stories about prophet Muhammad in the Hadiths books as defamation of his character, why then after watching a movie about it? Muslims who take to the streets in protest of ignorant behavior(Burning the Quran, depiction of the prophet,a movie etc), are themselves ignorant and culpable as those who perpetrate these hideous acts. Is the best way to respond to ignorant people through violence? Don't you study the Quran? Was that the way Muhammad responded to his detractors? Is not prophet Muhammad a good example for the so called muslims no more? When we study the Quran carefully, we'll see how prophet Muhammad and other prophets responded to those who insulted them by simply ignoring:

No where in the Quran do we find the prophet ever angered by those who called him names or insulted him,why then should you be after a thousand years after his death?:

Calling the Prophet names:

[15:6] They said, "O you who received this reminder, you are crazy.
[37:36] They said, "Shall we leave our gods for the sake of a crazy poet?"
[68:51] Those who disbelieved show their ridicule in their eyes when they hear the message and say, "He is crazy!"
[38:4] They wondered that a warner should come to them, from among them. The disbelievers said, "A magician, a liar".

The Prophet's response and emulated only by true believers:

[7:199] You shall resort to pardon, advocate tolerance, and disregard the ignorant.

How do one combat falsehood/ignorance? If you protest(peacefully or not) from now till thy kingdom come, it will never eliminate falsehood or ignorant people from the face of the earth. Therefore, the best way to combat falsehood/ignorance is through enlightenment and by speaking/preaching the truth. This is the message preached by Muhammad:

The Inevitable Test:

[3:186] You will certainly be tested, through your money and your lives, and you will hear from those who received the scripture, and from the idol worshipers, a lot of insult. If you steadfastly persevere and lead a righteous life, this will prove the strength of your faith.

Inviting to the true path of God through kind utterances is the trait of true believers. Such may even turn your enemy into your friend:

Submitters(True Muslims):

[41:33] Who can utter better words than one who invites to GOD, works righteousness, and says, "I am one of the submitters"?
[41:34] Not equal is the good response and the bad response. You shall resort to the nicest possible response. Thus, the one who used to be your enemy, may become your best friend.

Muhammad was a good man and a noble servant of God. Like earlier Prophets, he adhered strictly to God's commandment in the scripture. He was never a murderer neither was he intolerant towards other people's beliefs. He was persecuted and driven out of his homeland because of his message of monotheism- yet, he never raised a finger to fight those who hated his message. The only time he ever fought was to ward off those who were oppressing them and tried to kill them for their professed belief in one GOD. I urge all sincere muslims to strive hard to emulate his good will and character by following strictly his teachings in the Quran. We should never allow the Fatwas(Decree) given by ignorant clerics to take us away from the Message of the Quran. We should co-exist in peace and unity with Christians, Jews, Pagans, Hindus , Atheist e.t.c. They are our neighbors, and we must love them as we do ourselves. This is the message preached by Muhammad in the Quran:

[60:8] GOD does not enjoin you from befriending THOSE WHO DO NOT FIGHT you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable.

Matthew, Chapter 5:
007: Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
008: Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
009: Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
038: Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
039: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

The Hadiths really have painted a bad image of the prophet. It's rather unfortunate that the muslims honor and revere the enemies of prophet Muhammad who wrote these lies(as seen in the movie) and regard the few like me who are trying hard to tell the world that this isn't true of him as Kafirs(disbelievers). It is the objective of all sincere muslims to tell the world the truth so as to rid TRUE ISLAM of the falsehood injected into it after the prophet's demise and to return ISLAM to its pristine purity- even if the majority dislike it; Just put your trust in God.
[3:160] IF GOD SUPPORTS you, none can defeat you. And if He abandons you, who else can support you? In GOD the believers shall trust.
[/size]

www.submision.org
www.miracleof19.org
www.masjidtucson.org
www.quranalone.com
PEACE!!!
Re: O Muslims, What's With The Fuss over A FILM Anyway? by mkmyers45(m): 2:02pm On Sep 17, 2012
Usisky welcome back...I hope you havent forgotten our thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1012629/quranist-jesus-passed-away

Cheers
Re: O Muslims, What's With The Fuss over A FILM Anyway? by usisky(m): 9:56am On Sep 21, 2012
[size=13pt]
It really doesn't surprise me at all why majority of muslims intrinsically are intolerant towards criticisms. A lot of this is deeply rooted in the obscurantist manner/teachings of their version of the religion as we see it today. Their reaction to some movie supposedly insulting a dead prophet speaks volumes. Why should one get angered when a dead person is slandered? Can such insult change who the person really was? If he was a bad person or a good person, no degree of insults could possibly changed that; so why bother yourself? Why not leave the judgement to God? Like i said in my POST: Educating people by Preaching the truth is the way to heal peoples ignorance. In trying to defend a dead prophet, the muslims violate Quranic commandments(tolerance in the face of persecution and insults, do not take the life of another unjustly etc) without regrets. I think it behoves us to really have serious considerations/thoughts before we make decisions in whatever we do.

[16:126] And if you punish, you shall inflict an equivalent punishment. But if you resort to patience (instead of revenge), it would be better for the patient ones.

[16:127] You shall resort to patience - and your patience is attainable only with GOD's help. Do not grieve over them, and do not be annoyed by their schemes.

PEACE!!
[/size]
Re: O Muslims, What's With The Fuss over A FILM Anyway? by dustmalik: 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2012
Luvly post @Usisky. Makes sense all the way
Re: O Muslims, What's With The Fuss over A FILM Anyway? by usisky(m): 7:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
dustmalik: Luvly post @Usisky. Makes sense all the way

All praise to God Almighty!! Thank you brother.

(1) (Reply)

Enough Already: Stop This Insanity / Appeal for Donations Towards Saving Ustadh Rasheed Yusuf Abu Furqaan's Life / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.