Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,529 members, 7,770,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:52 AM

Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (64174 Views)

Ayatul Kursi - The Ayah Of The Throne / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2006
What is your favorite surah in the Quran. For me, I like Suratul Mariam.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by OlaAjia(m): 6:16am On Jul 16, 2006
I find it difficult to determine! The more I go through my Quran, the more Ayahs or Surahs I like. I like the beauty in (Al-Ahzab)33:35. I also find 17:45 interesting because of the miracle in it. The whole Rum is one of the miracles of the Holy Quran(Difficult uhn?)

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 11:08pm On Jul 16, 2006
yeah me too.
when i first started learning the Holy Quran i fell for most surahs but i liked Mariam the most cuz its also ma name grin

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2006
Mukina, i just love this thread. It reminds be about the beauty of our holy Quran.

You know when Allah(SWT) said "Alam Ahad Ilaykum yah bani Adama, An lah ta a budu shaytan, " i love to hear that time and time again. Then ofcourse Suratul Rahman.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by olat(m): 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2006
Well, cant really say, but I love Surat Duha, its a giver of hope
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
93:1 By the Glorious Morning Light,
93:2 And by the Night when it is still,-
93:3 Thy Guardian-Lord hath not forsaken thee, nor is He displeased.
93:4 And verily the Hereafter will be better for thee than the present.
93:5 And soon will thy Guardian-Lord give thee (that wherewith) thou shalt be well-pleased.
93:6 Did He not find thee an orphan and give thee shelter (and care)?
93:7 And He found thee wandering, and He gave thee guidance.
93:8 And He found thee in need, and made thee independent.
93:9 Therefore, treat not the orphan with harshness,
93:10 Nor repulse the petitioner (unheard);
93:11 But the bounty of the Lord - rehearse and proclaim!

and Surat Fusilat verse 3x,
Ina ladhina qolu robuna lahu thuma istaqomu, tatanazalu alaihim li malaika ala tahafu wala tahzanu wabshiru bili janati lati kuntun tuadun
41:30 In the case of those who say, "Our Lord is God", and, further, stand straight and steadfast, the angels descend on them (from time to time): "Fear ye not!" (they suggest), "Nor grieve! but receive the Glad Tidings of the Garden (of Bliss), the which ye were promised!
41:31 "We are your protectors in this life and in the Hereafter: therein shall ye have all that your souls shall desire; therein shall ye have all that ye ask for!-
41:32 "A hospitable gift from one Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful!"

3 Likes

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Fimmy(m): 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2006
my favorite Surah??
he whole Quran is intresting
I LOVE THAT BOOK
wanna do something hat might make me get fixated to it
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 4:59pm On Jul 20, 2006
Alhamdulillah, Olat This is very sweet. Jazakallah
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by toptho(f): 5:23pm On Jul 20, 2006
Surah-Ya Sin closely followed by Al-Kauthar

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by kangaroo(m): 8:05pm On Jul 20, 2006
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2006
Salaam to you all

i also love ayahtul kursir kiss kiss kiss kiss

i cant stop reading that ayah in ma heart

wa sallam
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by zarah(f): 9:28am On Jul 21, 2006
Mukina thanks girl.

I love ayatul kursiyyu myself.

Dats why my best remains suratul baqara.

But really there's too much beauty in the holy qur'aan to restrict urself to just an ayah or a surah.

I like suratul ahad, falaq, nas, kawthar,kafirun, asr and fil cos they are short. grin

wal asr
innal insana lafi kusr
innal ladhina amanu wa amilu salihat.
wa tawa sawbil haqqi, wa tawa sawbil sabr.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by nairamar(m): 10:41am On Jul 21, 2006
My personal favorite is Surah Al-Ikhlas (112):

[center]Bismi Allahi alrrahmani alrraheemi

112.1. Qul huwa Allahu ahadun

112.2. Allahu alssamadu

112.3. Lam yalid walam yooladu

112.4. Walam yakun lahu kufuwan ahadun[/center]
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 4:41pm On Jul 21, 2006
Just a little Correction In my good friend Zarah's post;

Al-Asr | 3 verses | the declining day سورة العصر
Sura #103 | Makkah

1 Waal AAasri
2 Inna insana lafee khusrin
3 Illa llatheena amanoo waAAamiloo alssalihati watawasaw bilhaqqi watawasaw bissabri

May Almighty Allah continue to guide us all, Amen
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by cushman(m): 6:32pm On Jul 21, 2006
My favourite is Ayatul Kursiyyu (The verse of the throne).

I love it with all my heart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by soulpatrol(f): 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2006
Ayatul Kursiyyu is my fav too. brings so much peace to my heart after reciting it. can say it in my sleep! whoa, glad to see some muslim brothas and sistas here. Salam!  cool
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by baabolight(m): 11:25pm On Jul 21, 2006
People might see me as being selfish or whatever, but the SURAT OF LIGHT - NUR - is one surat I appreciate.  I however have to admit it is not possible to limit self to just one, but then who am I not to have a favourite. 

You guess just right, it is the source of the LIGHT in my name i.e. NURUDEEN! wink

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2006
nuru you are not selfish wink i also love suratul mariam

@all
the muslims i have met just love ayatul kursir

zarah i use the short surahs whennever am prayin
i start from suratul nas during fajr annd finish with whatever surah i meet during ishaa
but i also use suratul alla,kafirun,iqlas,falaq ornnas during shafwa witr
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by kenniy(m): 8:00am On Jul 23, 2006
I try to Read Suratul Yasin And Mulk every morning.

I really love Ayatul-Kursiyy. It had really being wonderful as it is for me!!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2006
here's ayatul kursir translation

Allah! there's no god
but He,the living.
the self-subsisting.supporter of all
no slumber can seize Him
nor sleep.His are all things
In the heavens and all the earth.
who is thee can intercede
In His presense except
As He permitteth? He knoweth
what (appeareth to the His creatures as)
Before or after or behind them
Nor shall they compass
Aught of his knowledge
except as he willeth
His throne doth extend
over the heavens
And the earth,and He feeleth
no fatigue in guarding
and preserving them
For He is the most high
the supreme (in glory)

salaam

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by diyobdw(f): 10:53am On Jul 24, 2006
I love Sura fatiha the most!!
followed by
AN-Nas-people(ch-114)
An nahl-the bee(ch-16)
Yasin(ch-36)

I think the quran in it whole is a wonderful source of inspiration

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2006
It is recommended to recite Suratul Mulk every night. May Allah be with us all, Amen
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2006
ok belloti ameeen

ma salaam
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by nuru(m): 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2006
I am happy with this thread. May Allah reward you all.

In this age of materialism, i love to remind myself, and it's become my motto,

Suratul Qasas, Ch28 Vs 77

' Wabtagi fimo aataka LLau darali Akhirot, la yuhibbu l mufsidin'

"But seek, with which Allah has bestowed on thee, the Home of the Hereafter, nor forget thy portion in this world: but do thou good, as Allah has been good to thee, and seek not (occasions for) mischief in the land: for Allah loves not those who do mischief."

Maybe because at birth, they named me Durojaiye ( wait to enjoy the world )

I also love Ayatunnur . Learnt it from our IRK teacher when I was in Class 2. May Allah be pleased with him.

Ayyatul Kursiy; Cant but read everyday.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2006
pls this thread is to celebrate our holy BOOK

@diyobdw took the holy book from you thanx kiss

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by asipita(m): 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2006
Sallam the whole quaran is an inspiration and of course a glorious book. i will say my favorite surah is surah YASIN & Surah Al-IMAN
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by baabolight(m): 1:08am On Jul 26, 2006
Nice seeing another Nuru in the house. May his LIGHT never depart from our individual homes.

Another favorite Sura of mine is Wa-Shamseen
nuru:

I am happy with this thread. May Allah reward you all.

In this age of materialism, i love to remind myself, and it's become my motto,

Suratul Qasas, Ch28 Vs 77

' Wabtagi fimo aataka LLau darali Akhirot, la yuhibbu l mufsidin'

"But seek, with which Allah has bestowed on thee, the Home of the Hereafter, nor forget thy portion in this world: but do thou good, as Allah has been good to thee, and seek not (occasions for) mischief in the land: for Allah loves not those who do mischief."

Maybe because at birth, they named me Durojaiye ( wait to enjoy the world )

I also love Ayatunnur . Learnt it from our IRK teacher when I was in Class 2. May Allah be pleased with him.

Ayyatul Kursiy; Cant but read everyday.

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by nuru(m): 7:59am On Jul 26, 2006
Salam alekum Nurudeen,

Its good to share one of the names of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W).

Given my name, sometimes I wonder if I am able to project the light of Islam as it should be.

I pray Allah to continue to bless us.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by bolar(m): 1:08pm On Jul 26, 2006
Salam
my best Ayat is Kurisiyu, and my best surh is Yaa-sin the heart of the holy quran, it works in a miraculous way, if you've not been reading it give it a trial. Maa Salam

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by memyself2(f): 10:16pm On Jul 26, 2006
salam guys, im real proud to know that they are so many muslims on nl, not just muslims by name but also know the Qurán well, will it be dumb for me to admit not havin a favourite amongst the surahs in the holy book? i guess it will be, i don't have a favourite not because, i can't chose from all the beautiful surahs but partly because i aint an expert in religious issues and i dont know this surahs so well. but i can say comfortably that, i absolutely LOVE Al-Fathiha, so i guess its my favourite?

bi salam, and by the way, what do you guys suggest we do to help the  people in the middle-east? there's gotta be something we can do.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by baabolight(m): 10:55pm On Jul 26, 2006
'bi salam, and by the way, what do you guys suggest we do to help the people in the middle-east? there's gotta be something we can do.'

When they know exactly what they need, only then can the outside world help. A man don't just prescribe drugs to another that claims to be sick until the sick man states what form of sickness he is suffering from.

You are free to start that as a topic, let's not kill this thread.

Ma Salam!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by diyobdw(f): 7:48am On Jul 27, 2006
@me,myself

Its never too late to start learning.
Good to know one weakness your strenght lies in working on it!

No body was born with the Quran,Be encouraged!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by memyself2(f): 8:27am On Jul 27, 2006
@diyobdw,Thank you, i have actually started. i used to read just the arabic Qur'an but now, i also read the meanin.
u need more muslims like you.i am encouraged.
-jazakallah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

54 Muslim Players For The Premier League Season 2016-2017 / Photos Of Newly Built Mosque In Enugu State / Ghana Female Muslim Students Twerk To ‘One Corner’, To Be Punished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.