Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,062 members, 7,821,653 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach (7101 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Pep Guardiola Confirmed As Bayern Munich Manager / Jurgen Klinsmann Sacked! (Bayern Munich) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 4:02pm On Jan 11, 2008
Former Germany boss Jürgen Klinsmann will succeed Ottmar Hitzfeld as Bayern head coach on 1 July 2008, the club announced on Friday.

The appointment sees Klinsmann return to the club where he won UEFA Cup and German championship honours in a two-year stint as a player between 1995 and 1997.

http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/news/news/2007/14731.php?fcb_sid=e5e5081d1a2f12d0a442c12c8fca05e3
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by akinalabi(m): 9:15pm On Jan 11, 2008
Klinsmann has got a likeable personality and I
wish him well.

He's going to inherit a good squad as well. The
most expensively assembled German clubside in
the history of the Bundesliga.

Hitzfield will possibly take up the Swiss national
team management position or become a commentator.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 10:28am On Jan 12, 2008
Klinsmann might be seen as inexperienced, but Rijkaard had a similar C.V before joining Barca and winning the UCL for them
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by chx: 11:15am On Jan 12, 2008
Klinsmann is capable of handling this job. He will do well.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by cooljoe(m): 11:30am On Jan 12, 2008
I hope he does a good job.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 12:28am On Jan 14, 2008
bayern coaching job is probably the hottest coaching job around.

You are surrounded by club management who have achieved a lot in their career - What most English clubs lack.

They are so used to success that nothing would be too big to achieve. We have an insatiable appetite for success in Bayern

wonder why Magath was sacked after winning League and cup double twice in 3 years.

In Man Utd this is enough to make the coach stay for 21 years . But like I always say we have Ambitions and we have AMBITIONS tongue tongue

Some coaches are appointed for life just by playing an unbeaten run or by playing with young players. tongue
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by akinalabi(m): 1:27am On Jan 14, 2008
dayokanu:

bayern coaching job is probably the hottest coaching job around.

You are surrounded by club management who have achieved a lot in their career - What most English clubs lack.

In England, you are surrounded by MONEY MEN. That
is why there is so much money flying around. That is
why the likes of the Glazers can afford to go into massive
debts just to come in.

dayokanu:

wonder why Magath was sacked after winning League and cup double twice in 3 years.

In Man Utd this is enough to make the coach stay for 21 years . But like I always say we have Ambitions and we have AMBITIONS tongue tongue

So sacking coaches now mean ambitions.

Hmmnnnn.

Newcastle must be a very ambitious clubside.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by davidif: 7:03am On Jan 14, 2008
Klinsman is a breath of fresh air and represents the new school, unlike his predecessor Hitzfeld, who although is a great coach is still stuck in the good old west german system.

1 Like

Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 9:34am On Jan 14, 2008
If a coach is sacked that means the management feel the club deserves better and the club is not achieving enough. Felix Magath won the League and cup double

twice in 3 years an was sacked, Capello won the league and was sacked . Shows how the BIG clubs rate local leagues unlike some clubs who have a coach for a

century just because he has won the league, won many local titles, plays beautiful football, goes on unbeaten run, uses young players, makes record profits

and other unprintable rubbish

Newcastle show the type of ambition needed for their level some clubs would give a coach a lifetime contract if he manages to avoid relegation

That is what we call ambition- Escaping relegation, Ambition- Winning local leagues, FA cups, carling cup, Milk cup, playing unbeaten run, Using young players and other

rubbish then we have AMBITION - Winning the UCL
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 1:31pm On Jan 14, 2008
Not stopping at that Bayern has gone ahead to sign Tim Borowski on a free transfer from July 1 2008.

Another addition to the collection of winners!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fcbayern.t-home.de/en/news/news/2007/14775.php?fcb_sid=6be2c6b646be85e4f262a36815bb46a9
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by akinalabi(m): 2:29pm On Jan 14, 2008
Let me tell you why dissing winning local titles is
a baseless criticism.

In an ideal champions league, only league winners
would participate. That will mean the likes of Milan
won't even be the current champions.

ONLY LEAGUE WINNERS would be there. Runners up
and also rans won't be there. You need to win your
domestic title.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 2:35pm On Jan 14, 2008
@ akinalabi,
even a kid of 5 knows a team needs to win domestic titles to be reckoned with. man utd became a rich as a result of winning lots of domestic titles. the premiership has even become a bigger cake than the european title because clubs get paid handsomely winning the premiership than any other football competition in the world.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2008
@Cougar,
I am wondering how you managed to resist those taunt I have been giving since. Your name might change but not the person behind the name. Your argument betrayed you the same Argument winning EPL is more lucrative than winning UCL why dont you stick with winning EPL and compare yourself to Real Madrid, AC Milan or Munich.

If we go by strict league titles, Ideal Champions league like you said, then Man Utd won't win 1999 because Arsenal won the league in 98
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2008
@ dayokanu,
can u please explain what u are on about? seems u are confuzzled!!!!
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by akinalabi(m): 3:56pm On Jan 14, 2008
dayokanu:

If we go by strict league titles, Ideal Champions league like you said, then Man Utd won't win 1999 because Arsenal won the league in 98

You're right. I agree with you.

But I'm sure that the other times we got knocked
out by also rans, we might have gone all the way.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 4:09pm On Jan 14, 2008
@Cougar,
even a kid of 5 knows a team needs to win domestic titles to be reckoned with. man utd became a rich as a result of winning lots of domestic titles. the premiership has even become a bigger cake than the european title because clubs get paid handsomely winning the premiership than any other football competition in the world.

This was the quote that betrayed you You know that is your favourite quote

@Akinalabi,
But I'm sure that the other times we got knocked
out by also rans, we might have gone all the way.

If Madrid, Milan and Munich are not around

Might is the key word there just like saying if Charlton had qualified for the UCL they might have won. No offense.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by ndubest(m): 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2008
Another wonderful thread that may soon turn into personal battle and ego polishing sad sad sad

Klinsmann as coach of Bayern will do well

considering what he did with the German national team, i think his fresh breath will rejuvenate Bayern

Good luck Jurgen
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2008
@ dayokanu,
u need serious aid. it seems u r losing it.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2008
Cougar,
I am really happy for you. I think those medications and the therapy generally worked for you now you are saner. Pls do everything to avoid a relapse

I would recommend your Vet doctor for I-man too. He is going berserk
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2008
@ dayokanu,
i am not who u think i am. i wonder when u will get that message in your greasy head.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by akinalabi(m): 5:34pm On Jan 15, 2008
ndubest:

Another wonderful thread that may soon turn into personal battle and ego polishing sad sad sad

You're right.

This should be about the new Bayern era under Kilinsmann
and not England v Germany.

= = = = = = = =

I like Klismann but I still have my reservations. Transferring
his suucess at the national team to Bayern is not automatic.

As far as I'm concerned, Htizfield still has a lot of titles in him
that he can deliver for them.

@ dayokanu

Has Klinsmann signed sef? 'Cos I heard Tom Hicks was talking
to him about taking over at Anfield.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 8:21pm On Jan 15, 2008
Klinsmann is not a speculation its as sure as anything Hicks said he wanted to approach Klinsmann

There is always a time for clubs to move forward Hitzfeld is the greatest coach but nothing remains constant. Why was Capello sacked by Real after winning the league? To sign someone of a lesser pedigree. Rijkaard with a similar CV went to Barca and won the UCL
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by BigBadWolf(m): 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2008
Deleted
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 9:37pm On Jan 15, 2008
@Bigbadwolf,

Oh my days So there is another Bayern fan in Nigeria Pls come here more often so that we can share ideas and not be bored to death with all these EPL gist.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by BigBadWolf(m): 10:51pm On Jan 15, 2008
Deleted
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by debosky(m): 6:47am On Jan 16, 2008
EPL gist indeed

what is interesting in talking about Bayern dominating the German league? Nothing.

For all dayo's noise, there is no player in Germany being reckoned with for player of the year awards, either European or FIFA

EPL is vibrantly competitive, not a one horse race in which the horse has to shoot itself in the foot like Bayern did last year for another team to win.

Bayern is great, Bayern is great. . .you're beginning to sound like the 'Chelski for life' muppets in this sports section.

come together and tell us how better bayern is than MU? silly infantile envy.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 9:22am On Jan 16, 2008
EPL gist indeed

what is interesting in talking about Bayern dominating the German league? Nothing.

For all dayo's noise, there is no player in Germany being reckoned with for player of the year awards, either European or FIFA

EPL is vibrantly competitive, not a one horse race in which the horse has to shoot itself in the foot like Bayern did last year for another team to win.

Bayern is great, Bayern is great. . .you're beginning to sound like the 'Chelski for life' muppets in this sports section.

come together and tell us how better bayern is than MU? silly infantile envy.

@Debosky,
Bayern dominates Bundesliga I cant imagine a football fan from the EPL where Man Utd has dominated like hell. How many teams have won EPL since inception 4 Man Utd , Assanal-3, Chelsea-2 Blackburn 1. Compare that to Bundesliga within that period. Bayern, Dortmund, Stuttgart, Werder Bremen and Kaiserslautern have won within that period.

It is only in the EPL that the top 4 are constant no other top league. look at any season table and you would not be able differentiate from previous season cos they look alike.

I just hope you are not an ASS-anal fan because Ass and anal are synonyms.

Do I need to tell you that Bayern is Better than Man Utd? Check the UCL archive and make a deduction for yourself you might need a picture of the UCL to identify the trophy called Champions league because no Arsenal fan has ever seen it before.

Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by ritchboy(m): 9:59am On Jan 16, 2008
Dayo
so bayern are a better team dan man utd cos of the "ucl archive"?So i guess nottingham are a beta team dan chelsea and arsenal.Wat wont i read on nairaland.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by Cougar: 10:21am On Jan 16, 2008
@ debosky,
dayo and bigbadwolf are awo boys. they are notoriously lousy. how anyone in this millennium can come out to say bayern munich is better than man utd because they won 2 ucl titles beggars belief. i cannot remember the last time united failed to play in the ucl. bayern is not among the elite of europe.
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by choco4life(m): 11:36am On Jan 16, 2008
i think klinsmann wud make a very good coach and restore the glories of Bayern Munich
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2008
Lets do some analysis.

The best country in football in my own opinion is Brazil

Why? IS it because of the number of Copa America( Local leagues) they have won? NO Argentina and Uruguay have won more Copa America titles

Is it because of the monetary worth of the CBF Brazilian football federation? No because some little Arab countries are richer

Is it by the number of world cups(UCL) they have won. YES

Who are the top teams in Europe? Madrid and Milan by my reckoning.

Is it by the number of local leagues they have won? NO!!!! and Juventus have won more.

Is it by not missing UCL? No Madrid missed UCL in 1997 and Milan missed in 2002.

Is it by not placing outside top 3 every season? NO Madrid was 5th in 2000 and Milan was 6th in 2001

Is it by Champions League titles won YESSSSSSS MADRID HAS WON 9 TITLES MILAN HAS WON 7 TITLES

That is why they are the biggest teams Around
Re: Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach by dayokanu(m): 12:05pm On Jan 16, 2008
@Akinalabi,
I need your comment on the above post.

@Rictchboy. Ask someone to read that post and draw a meaning out of it for you.

@Cougar,
Man Utd is bigger than Madrid and Milan because Man Utd does not miss UCL and Milan and Madrid have missed? Really, Beggars belief!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Beckham Joins PSG & Will Donate His Salary To Charity / HULK Transfer To CHELSEA 90% Complete / Torres Is A Girl!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.