Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,028 members, 7,821,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? (7093 Views)

Poll: Should Arsene Wenger be sacked?

Yes: 46% (82 votes)
No: 53% (94 votes)
This poll has ended

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Should Arsene Wenger Hold On To Fabregas? / Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Ifebazz(m): 4:18pm On Apr 18, 2010
Going by the now normal trend of Arsenal closing each season without trophies and especially Wenger's persistence in using his "old kids on the block" tactics that has failed to clinch the Gunners a trophy in SIX consecutive yrs & counting, should gafa Arsene Wenger be retained or off loaded?
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by erniewhez(m): 6:49pm On Apr 18, 2010
YES HE SHLD BE SACKED OR I WILL LEAVE ARSENAL
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by labiyemmy(m): 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2010
You think say na Nigeria and Super Eagles?
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Cristalz(f): 8:48pm On Apr 18, 2010
Yes! grin
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Ifebazz(m): 8:57pm On Apr 18, 2010
erniewhez:

YES HE SHLD BE SACKED OR I WILL LEAVE ARSENAL
A typical Gunner fan.
2moro might be "in Wenger we believe".
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Ifebazz(m): 9:04pm On Apr 18, 2010
Thankfully there was no water bottle near the bench 2day. Only God would've known wat nxt.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by dominique(f): 9:35pm On Apr 18, 2010
the problem is, he know what needs to be done but he's just not doing it
if he's sacked and the new coach doesn't spend money on experienced tactful, we'll be in the same dip sheet anyways cry.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Ifebazz(m): 11:42pm On Apr 18, 2010
dominique:

the problem is, he know what needs to be done but he's just not doing it
if he's sacked and the new coach doesn't spend money on experienced tactful, we'll be in the same dip sheet anyways cry.

He believes in his team, so wat's u guys irkins?
He's da boss.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by RichDad1(m): 8:56am On Apr 19, 2010
Ifebazz:

A typical Gunner fan.
2moro might be "in Wenger we believe".
Typical angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
@Topic,
I think he should be given more time perhaps extend his contract till 2020 There is only one KING OF LONDON-CHELSEA
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Ifebazz(m): 10:16am On Apr 19, 2010
Maybe it's de boiz not Wenger abi? Cos he told TW 2 pass de ball back instead of scoring.
Dat's surely 1 heluva striker 2 hv in ur team.
Wenger's tactics i'm sure.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by naso2(m): 10:21am On Apr 19, 2010
New Dictionary Word
Wenger (noun): (1) a person who does the same thing every season or year and yet expects different results; (2) a person who often in competition creates the impression of a contender but usually ends up as a pretender. (3) in science- refers to a supposed laboratory expert who cannot distinguish between experimenting and gambling.(adj): the act of raising and dashing hopes.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Ifebazz(m): 10:41am On Apr 19, 2010
Then he's de special one of London. And he alone can make or marr Arsenal.
It happens. I mean shyte does happens. Utd had dias, until Ibr'vic Chelsea's been hibernated, Liv'pool i don't kw, Newcastle religated, Blackburn etc.
De list goes on. It's dia recession period so fans shld take it in good faith.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Ifebazz(m): 10:48am On Apr 19, 2010
na_so:

New Dictionary Word
Wenger (noun): (1) a person who does the same thing every season or year and yet expects different results; (2) a person who often in competition creates the impression of a contender but usually ends up as a pretender. (3) in science- refers to a supposed laboratory expert who cannot distinguish between experimenting and gambling.(adj): the act of raising and dashing hopes.

@na_so o'l boy abi i be Soyinka fikin? Walahi u go win de nxt nobel frice por Turenchi awards.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by melp1: 3:13pm On Apr 19, 2010
i dn't think arsen wenger need to be sack because he is agood coach asenal fans should wait and expect great changes from him next season.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Kx: 3:37pm On Apr 19, 2010
Am not an Arsenal fan but i recall the joy and smile on the face of my pals in the campus when
Viera,Igwe,Pires,Berkamp & co was setting Highbury on fire warming the heart of every football lovers while
winning trophies.Suddenly wenger now thinks yori yori footie is better than trophies.

What has gone wrong with wenger?
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by pappilo(m): 5:23pm On Apr 19, 2010
Dummies, Like anyone at Arsenal has the balls to sack Arsene. You are all wasting your time here when they are begging the man behind closed doors to extend his contract.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by kobikwelu(m): 5:40pm On Apr 19, 2010
unfortunately, all your opinion counts for  squat!!!

how many of una dey dey stadium?

how many of una be registered arsernal memberss, whey una input matter.

just watch!!!!!!! una be television fan,

by the way, the arsenal business model is profit making,

its a business with shareholders, and they have decieded to give their investors value for their money,

at least they try, with the investment made on players, wenger has tried.(compare it with the other big three in terms of spending and their balance sheet)

PS:am a barcelona fan (since 1996-not a prosperity fan)
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Viciyke(m): 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2010
Personally, i wudn't agree Wenger be sacked, he is a good coach, his records speaks 4 itself irrespective of no trophies 4 d past 5 - 6 seasons. I'll only advise the arsenal board 2 encourage him 2 buy some good n experienced players n add 2 wat his got, i bet arsenal wud be better dan barca.

Ask urself dis questions, how many teams has made d champions league last 16 4 d past 11 yrs, i bet only a handful of clubs can boost of dat, in d premierleague, how many teams can boost of d top four places 4 d past 10 yrs or so, i know u guys can guess d answer. My only probs wit wenger is he is so stubborn n needs sum1 2 help him make those drastic decision of splashin out d cash wen d need b.

Presently Arsenal has a young n talented team dat vry few teams in d world can beat, they just need an injection of experienced and good players.

Wenger shouldn't be sacked, thats my take on it, he jus needs 2 spnd. Madrid spent nearly 300 million euros dis season, plus d number of coaches they've been changing, where ar they?
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by savesoul(m): 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2010
NO! Hell NO!, Why will somebody suggest that Wenger of all coaches be sacked! shocked shocked shocked shocked Most of you a retards! cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by blackmann(m): 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2010
AW to me is a very good coach but all he needs is some players with steel who can turn things around at points in the league when it matters. If he keeps on relying on kids to deliver, he has a long time ahead of him till he lifts another trophy at the emirates. He's even lucky he's at arsenal. He should ask Rijkaard what happened to him at Barcelona.

At the rate at which he's going, Arsenal is turning out to be more of a talent-hunt club where those big teams come to lure raw talent being polished into rare gems by AW away with the prospects of silverware. Which player doesn't want to bask in the glory of winning the UCL or any other cup? That is an added Plus to their resumes. He should think of getting new well-established players into the team, but knowing him, i feel it in my gut(apologies to Special Agent Jethro Gibbs of NCIS) that this is the same song that we'll all be singing come end of next season. I hope i'm wrong though.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by SamMilla1(m): 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2010
Sacked for what ?

He is simply not in the class of Fergie.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by blackmann(m): 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2010
Viciyke:

Wenger shouldn't be sacked, thats my take on it, he jus needs 2 spnd. Madrid spent nearly 300 million euros dis season, plus d number of coaches they've been changing, where ar they?

Na longer-throat dey do Madrid. Always shining eye for ready made talent. and with all their star players, where dem dey? I hear say dem dey eye rooney now sef.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by GP15: 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2010
Wenger will only win the EPL with these kids if the EPL is arrange alphabetically. ,  grin grin

prof please change your youth policy and you will start winning trophies
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2010
These same ones shouting YES would be the first to ask "How Meerket?"after a thrashing. Hypocrites! tongue
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by ndigbo: 6:03pm On Apr 19, 2010
I am just short of words. But if must have a take in this, Wenger (Baba Ewé) should shown the way out!
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by geefivez(m): 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2010
Yes the stupid man should be sacked, imagine all the trauma he made us to past thru. let him try his luck somewhere else.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by denitro(m): 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2010
Arsenal is paying off the loan on the emirate stadium, based on my club's financial plan to repay the loan - No big spending for the next 5 years. I believe in our young players and based on our position, we are not doing badly.
When this young set of players mature, probably within the next 2 seasons, we will be unstoppable.
I believe in WENGER, he is the best coach in England and the world.
LONG LIVE ARSENAL, LONG LIVE GUNNERS FANS,
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by pappilo(m): 6:14pm On Apr 19, 2010
@ Kobikwelu

I stopped going on the Arsenal thread on matchdays becuase the only 'fans' on there are the type you described. You are one of the very few sensible people on Nairaland who see things at Arsenal objectively. Thanks for your input.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by pappilo(m): 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2010
@ Kobikwelu

I stopped going on the Arsenal thread on matchdays becuase the only 'fans' on there are the type you described. You are one of the very few sensible people on Nairaland who see things at Arsenal objectively. Thanks for your input.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by harmeenut: 6:27pm On Apr 19, 2010
Prof doesnt need to change th youth policy to win the EPL. You must ask why in the first place is he doing that, at least he has not been practising that since his appointment. He has two objectives but limited options. One is either to spend on big players and spend large amount on wages thereby plunging the club into huge debt portfolio or minimize his spending while servicing the debt (stadium). AW chose the 2nd option and the shareholders are not against that. I'm sure when the debt has finally been paid off, Arsenal will ave lot of money for whomever is appointed to buy big players.

Sacking him is not the best solution. Chelsea had been sacking coach for the past 3 years & had not won the EPL. Madrid spent fortune on players and as at today cannot lay claim to any trophy.

True fans stay with their club even if they in 4 tier divisions of any league.
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by usbcable(m): 6:36pm On Apr 19, 2010
na_so:

New Dictionary Word

very hilarious

Viciyke:

we are where you can only dream of being in many many years to come.talking as if they are worth more than Real Madrid. lipsrsealed
Re: Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? by chudie: 6:42pm On Apr 19, 2010
Hey Dudes, who wants to sack the young Prof?

Sometimes they win and praises hails all through and now they only got a pinch of what they've been giving others and you want to sack him. Na him play the ball?? abi time and chances no dey happen again ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jürgen Klinsmann To Step In As Bayern Munich Coach / Beckham Joins PSG & Will Donate His Salary To Charity / HULK Transfer To CHELSEA 90% Complete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.