Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,507 members, 7,770,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:31 AM

Ibtc Equity Fund? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ibtc Equity Fund? (4856 Views)

Stanbic Ibtc Bank Arm Twisted Ibikunle Amosun Over N300m Debt. / Tobechi Onwuhara: The King Of Home Equity Fraud / List Of Venture Capital And Private Equity Firms Investing In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibtc Equity Fund? by adctrl: 4:32pm On Jan 11, 2008
Just need your views on this.

I am thinking of investing and I have been monitoring stocks with no encouragement.

What can you say about the IBTC equity funds in terms of reliability in returns

What other similar thing is done by other well establish banks in Niger (e.g GTB, Intercontinental, Zenith etc)

Please note that your contribution is highly appreciated.
Re: Ibtc Equity Fund? by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 12, 2008
Hi,

IBTC Equity funds tend to be the best performer among the Mutual Funds. However, at the current price of over 11000 naira, it may be a bit too high price to join. However there are some other new funds too. Oceanic Vintage Fund, FBN Heritage Fund, etc. But no one knows what their performance would be like yet. But it is always good to start early when it is still affordable,  But generally, buying shares directly from the stock market will still outperform the mutual funds if you are not very unlucky.

Ciao
Kunlef
Re: Ibtc Equity Fund? by namdo(m): 10:08am On Jan 12, 2008
But find out more about IBTC Ethical fund at www.ibtc.com , i think it is young (currently bellow N2.5 per unit) and you maybe sure of 57% per anum.

Good luck.
Re: Ibtc Equity Fund? by tflow: 10:17am On Jan 12, 2008
Hey guyz can you please elaborate more for me on this IBTC Ethical fund, i really don't know how it works, but have an idea about stock market. Thank you
Re: Ibtc Equity Fund? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 28, 2008
the ibtc ethical fund is a managed fund which is also been listed in the nigeria stock exchange as for now the price is 2.16. it is good u can pay it with ue stockbroker or waalt into any ibtc office for more infor.

ciaooooooooooooo
Re: Ibtc Equity Fund? by carolope(f): 8:43am On Jan 30, 2008
tflow:

Hey guys can you please elaborate more for me on this IBTC Ethical fund, i really don't know how it works, but have an idea about stock market. Thank you

As the name implies, Ethical funds do not invest in certain business unlike general mutual funds. Some people for certain reasons would never put their money in certain businesses. So, it is really made for them. For example, some people for religious reason would never want their monies invest in a brewery, so for them, the Ethical fund is it. No investment in the Brewery sector.

Basically, it;s a mutual fund that limits investment alternatives to securities of firms meeting certain social standards. For example, an ethical fund might exclude securities of companies that are known to practice discrimination, that operate in certain countries, or that produce specific products (for example, those having to do with cigarettes and alchohol).
Re: Ibtc Equity Fund? by hispy99(m): 2:02pm On Jan 30, 2008
kunlef:

Hi,

IBTC Equity funds tend to be the best performer among the Mutual Funds. However, at the current price of over 11000 naira, it may be a bit too high price to join. However there are some other new funds too. Oceanic Vintage Fund, FBN Heritage Fund, etc. But no one knows what their performance would be like yet. But it is always good to start early when it is still affordable,  But generally, buying shares directly from the stock market will still outperform the mutual funds if you are not very unlucky.

Ciao
Kunlef

Why does the high price matter?  If I have N11,000 and I buy 1 share of IBTC's mutual fund but 11,000 shares of another mutual fund priced at N1.00, am I better off? No.  What matters is the return of the mutual funds.  If IBTC retuns 100%, then my N11,000 has grown to N22,000; if the other fund returns 50%, then my N11,000 is just N16,500.

@Poster, price does not matter, it is the performance of the fund that counts. The lower priced mutual funds give you an illusion that you are getting "more value" for your money. That is false, all you are getting is "more shares", which does not necessarily translate into "higher return"

(1) (Reply)

US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts / How Do I Open A Bank Account In Cotonou? / greetings from TURKEY. I need Sesame / Igbo; Ekuku - Yoruba; Isasa - Hausa; Ridi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.