Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,373 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? (27499 Views)

Pete Edochie Turns Into Gangster In New Movie Role [B-T-S Photos] / Flavor N'abania - Golibe, Featuring Pete Edochie (video) / Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by thehunted(m): 2:41pm On Sep 18, 2012
pete edochie. when did olu jacob start to act sef?
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by aryzgreat: 2:43pm On Sep 18, 2012
i go with OGADAGIDI himself, Pete edochie and pwetty Liz benson cheesy

1 Like

Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by sholay2011(m): 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2012
Olu Jacobs and Liz Benson jare!
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by esn1(f): 2:45pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pete Edochie ans Liz Benson
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by clerkent(m): 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2012
I choose pete edochie nd liz.but wot of onyeka owenu ni
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by lillyveezy: 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2012
I wonder what kids like u(KENEKING) are doing here!
the only thing u can C from this post is tribal-base merit instead of performance-base merit

1 Like

Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by IfyAwazie(f): 2:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
binger: Give it up 4 Pete Edochie!!! Men,that man is something else.I love Olu but Pete can act virtually anything and every thing perfectly.For the actresses,easy choice,Liz Benson of course.How many movies did Joke act sef.Liz is more prolific and talented in acting...Who agrees with me??
MEEE
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by awesomet1(m): 2:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pete Odochie and Liz Benson...these guys have been immense to the industry.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by monex(m): 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2012
the actress is an easy choice. Liz benson most def. she is more flexible and versatile.

for the actor, Olu Jacobs and Pete Edochie are quite close.

i might still do Pete Edochie sha cos na bad characters dey sweet me.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:01pm On Sep 18, 2012
PETE EDOCHIE: Definitely an old school actor.. Started with Nigerian Radio Broadcasting in 1967.. His finest work in acting still remains his role as Okonkwo in the movie adaptation of Chinua Achebe's famous book 'THINGS FALL APART'

OLU JACOBS.. Another Old school actor whose reputation is under emphasized.. A graduate of Roayl Academy of Dramatic Act in London, Has starred in several British Drama series and International films like "THE DOGS OF WAR" were he played a Customs officer, Roman Polanskis 1986 movie 'Pirates' where he played a character named 'Boomako' and also the 1985 movie 'Baby, Secrets of the Lost Legend' were he played the Character 'Col. Nsogbu (funny name).. Also he has more Nollywood Movie appearances than Pete Edochie..

In fairness, OLU JACOBS beats PETE EDOCHIE hands down... However, Pete has a seemly higher followership in Africa than Olu Jacobs.

LIZ BENSON Popularly remembered for her roles in movies like Glamour Girls, Conspiracy, True Confessions and Izaga amongst others..She first popped unto the scene in 1993 with her role in the television drama series 'Fortunes'.. She also holds a degree in Dramatic arts. She has not been active in the movie industry for a while now..

Joke Silva She is one of the Golden Girls of the Nigerian Movie industry..She has featured in several Nigerian televison Drama series and also Movies..

This is one very tough one to call.. In terms of actual movie count, Liz Benson tops Joke Silva, however, when we look at their on-screen presence and charisma, its a tie.. So my decision here comes down to a matter of my personal favorite and I'm afraid 'I CANT DECIDE!!'

1 Like

Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2012
lillyveezy: I wonder what kids like u(KENEKING) are doing here!
the only thing u can C from this post is tribal-base merit instead of performance-base merit

See what someone like you can see in all the posts. How old are you? Tata! Otondo! What performance are you talking about? Have you sampled any of them before? They are given script to act and they decide the mannerism to execute same and you are here talking performance...indeeed. The character portrayed in the act can be traditional or cosmopolitan in approach. You have a rather lilliputian understanding of the matter and you are here launching an anti-ethnical arguement partially uncemented. Merit is merit, no doubt, but act is not art.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Babaofor(m): 3:03pm On Sep 18, 2012
pete edochie and liz benson anytime anyday,i don't watch nollywood movies again becos of olu jacob and ghana ppl(no point intended)
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by iconaus: 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
pete edochie all the way -he is a father in the industry
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by emcemayo: 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
all of dem r icons in their respect so I pick all of dem tongue

1 Like

Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by CyberG: 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2012
afam4eva: I'll give it to Pete Edochie and Liz Benson.

Effing bastardic tribalist! You had no brains to even think about your answer...lol. Just like you kept attacking a Lagos-Ibadab project yesterday jumping around like a monkey! Hahaha...loserFAM!!

1 Like

Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Sijo01(f): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2012
Dilemma!....... They all gat swagg.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by danjohn: 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
I think it is harder to choose between Pete Edochie and Olu Jacobs. I think it is a tie between both of them. If I had a gun to my head, I guess I will pick Olu Jacobs because I think he has more swagger. However, I think that picking between Joke Silva and Liz Benson is very easy. I pick Liz Benson. Joke Silva sounds too scripted like she is reciting lines that she memorized. The only reason why she pulls it off is because she has a very nice sounding speaking voice and she has swagger and grace. Liz Benson is more natural and versatile. She doesnt sound scripted and she can act as anything: a prostitute, a mother, a wicked stepmother, a girlfriend, an armed robber, a suger mommy etc. She can do everything. Joke Silva, as one of the posters above has stated, is a little to limited in the roles she plays.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by phadat(m): 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
Pete Edochie and Liz Benson anytime
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by remmyton(f): 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
pete Edochie all the time

Liz benson, better, but i dont really fancy her grin grin
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2012
CyberG:

Effing bastardic tribalist! You had no brains to even think about your answer...lol. Just like you kept attacking a Lagos-Ibadab project yesterday jumping around like a monkey! Hahaha...loserFAM!!

Did a street dog bite you and leave you with acute Rabies?! Like WTF about that post pointed towards Tribalism?!...

Dude.. You need an anti-Rabies shot and Jesus!

1 Like

Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by ariyokunle: 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2012
olu jacobs and liz benson....wat a comparism;smart enuf to share it across among them-they gave most of wat nollywood is today.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2012
hmmm. First time I saw Pete Edochie on TV was in things fall apart and 1st time I saw olu Jacobs on TV was in "third eye" I think where he plays a detective with her daughter always giving her clues on how to solve cases. Been watching their progress since then, I choose Pete Edochie, that guy is just too good.

Then for the ladies, I would go for Liz Benson. That woman is just too beautiful.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Redhot111(m): 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2012
afam4eva: I'll give it to Pete Edochie and Liz Benson.
i be no know say u sabi beta tin like me oo
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by chimex38: 3:33pm On Sep 18, 2012
Petr edoche: confesses to rejection of scripts, he is not a versatile actor lk Olu jacobs, therefore cant act many parts. If he isnt a richman in d script he rejects it.
Joke silva: also selective, takes up a motherly role in almost all her movies & alwazs on d gud side wth her grammers

Olu Jacob & liz benson does it 4 me.

1 Like

Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Afam4eva(m): 3:33pm On Sep 18, 2012
CyberG:

Why not make your own choice and move on instead of ranting like someone who just ran mad recently.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Mrchippychappy(m): 3:35pm On Sep 18, 2012
acidtalk: No doubt the above names can never be wiped out as those Actors who help shapen Nigeria movie industry as well as created room to past and present actors in the movie industry as those 4 names were almost everyone's role model in the movie industry.

Who do you consider to be you all time Actor and Actress amongst;

Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie
Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson

Hmmmmm.. You can't pit a DOG against a LION . Everyone knows how that would turn out
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:41pm On Sep 18, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

Hmmmmm.. You can't pit a DOG against a LION . Everyone knows how that would turn out

WHO is the DOG?! WHO is the LION?!
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by danjalingo: 3:42pm On Sep 18, 2012
Sam Milla: Are they about to play two - aside lawn tennis or what?
i tink say d bin wan fight b4 sef, mchuuu....!

1 Like

Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Bisjosh(f): 3:45pm On Sep 18, 2012
Olu Jacobs and Liz Benson wink
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by obicentlis: 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2012
Where is the moderator, can you count the votes!!!
But I see Pete Edochie and Liz Benson taking the lead.
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Elueme: 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2012
This is a difficult decision to make... I choose Pete Edochie but am inconclusive with Liz and joke
Re: Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? by Duxe(f): 4:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
I like them all sha..
That advert joke silva did on harpic power plus cracks me up every time!! That woman's phonetics..i no fit shout! grin

i luv olu's voice,pete's air of confidence, joke's way of speaking english makes me laff anytime! And liz..oh liz!! Her gait,her breath-taking beauty, her intelligence..! I just cant choose sha..!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maria Emerges Head Of House, Chooses Boma As Deputy / Celebrities Storm Kigali Rwanda For AMAA 2018 (photos & Updates) / Behind-the-scenes Raunchy Pictures Of 'Days Of Sin'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.