Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Oceanic Bank Is In The News Again - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oceanic Bank Is In The News Again (2875 Views)

Ecobank Commences Mass Sack Of Oceanic Bank Staff / Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank / Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oceanic Bank Is In The News Again by gesi: 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2008
OCEANIC BANK IS IN THE NEWS AGAIN! THE LAST TIME WE HEARED ABOUT THE BANK,IT WAS ABOUT THE AWARD IT WON AS THE BEST BANK IN NIGERIA(2007). THE CURRENT JIST ABOUT THE BANK IS ABOUT THE DISSATISTACTION BEING EXPRESSED BY THEIR SO CALLED O.N.D. STAFFERS.THE JIST IS THAT THE BANK INCREASED THE SALARY OF EVERY BODY WORKING THERE BY 80% AND LEFT THAT OF THE SO CALLED O.N.D.(MOST OF THEM HAVE H.N.D.) SALARIES UNTOUCHED.
NOW IN OCEANIC BANK,DRIVERS AND DESPATCH RIDERS EARN MORE THAN THE MARKETERS AND NOTE COUNTERS/BULK TELLERS.

THIS IS A BANK THAT SAYS IT GIVES EVERYBODY AN EQUAL PLAYING GROUND AND THAT PEOPLE CAN EXPERIENCE PEACE WITH IT.NA LIE !

OCEANIC BANK IS LIKE A PACK OF CARDS THAT IS ABOUT TO FALL.NEXT I WILL TELL YOU ABOUT THE STRIKE THAT IS COMING UP.
Re: Oceanic Bank Is In The News Again by barbiedoll(f): 12:50pm On Jan 15, 2008
@Gesi

I have an inlaw that wks in Oceanic as a contract staff and he is a Bsc holder.
Do u have an Idea hw much the contract staff are been paid?
Re: Oceanic Bank Is In The News Again by deor03(m): 4:12pm On Jan 15, 2008
@barbiedoll

haba wetin concern you about wetin someone dey earn. Is your sister complaining?
Re: Oceanic Bank Is In The News Again by indie(f): 9:26pm On Jan 15, 2008
barbiedoll
deor03:

@barbiedoll

haba wetin concern you about wetin someone dey earn. Is your sister complaining?
grin
barbiedoll!! r u planning to be employed as a contract staff? i don't think so. so why r u trying to 'gauge' ur in law's salary. is the person really ur "in law"? did he complain when u asked for money? ;Dhe he! grin
Re: Oceanic Bank Is In The News Again by shostar: 7:40am On Jan 16, 2008
All this bank self. Na wah for them o
Re: Oceanic Bank Is In The News Again by barbiedoll(f): 10:15am On Jan 16, 2008
@deor03
@indie

Na wa Oh! abeg no bi my fault, na curiosity, make una no vex, besides the question doesn't have anything to do with the guy, actually with someone else. so! I'm still interested in the figure grin
Re: Oceanic Bank Is In The News Again by MyPeace(f): 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2008
barbiedoll:

@deor03
@indie

Na wa Oh! abeg no bi my fault, na curiosity, make una no vex, grin

abeg sister no kill me with laugher grin grin
Re: Oceanic Bank Is In The News Again by chihills: 3:51pm On Jan 17, 2008
my brother make u mind dem jare grin, if u wan know the figure nko. any way ur sins have been forgiven. but i like dat bank sha. make dem do well ooooooooooo shocked
Re: Oceanic Bank Is In The News Again by soapdish(f): 1:17pm On Jan 18, 2008
Re: Oceanic Bank Is In The News Again by nwakaibe(m): 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2009
chihills:

my brother make u mind dem jare grin, if u wan know the figure nko. any way ur sins have been forgiven. but i like dat bank sha. make dem do well ooooooooooo shocked

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Oceanic is about the best paying bank in Nigeria. Here we have peace. I work with the bank and my life don better. kiss kiss
Re: Oceanic Bank Is In The News Again by spoilt(f): 2:24am On Jan 22, 2009
This is an old thread but oh well. grin

The bulk counting position and teller position is usually an OND one so if you are a HND Holder and decide to apply for it, then that's your business. Hasnt half bread always been better than puff puff? The bank has no control over what you are paid. I believe most of them are contract staff through an agency. Talk to your agency or leave. undecided Besides that little experience you get as a contract staff in one bank will blow doors off their hinges for you in the next bank.
Re: Oceanic Bank Is In The News Again by ajeniya: 8:28pm On Feb 04, 2009
In fact i am not surprise, it is a collective decision by all banks to under pay ND holders inspite of all deductions after shortage. may God touch their hearts.
Re: Oceanic Bank Is In The News Again by cooldudeng(m): 4:02pm On Feb 08, 2009
How much do oceanic really pay their entry level staffs, am taking BSc holders.
Re: Oceanic Bank Is In The News Again by manifest1(m): 6:14pm On Feb 08, 2009
DO U KNOW WHAT RECRUITERS ARE LOOKING FOR
The banner below could be of help.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

First Bank Salary Level For Executive Trainees / Surrogates Needed / Ican/ats Examinations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.