Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Changing Name TWICE For Newly Married Bride>>> Acceptable Or Not? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Changing Name TWICE For Newly Married Bride>>> Acceptable Or Not? (859 Views)

How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / What Is The Best Thing To Do When Your Newly Married Wife Says No To You On Bed? / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Changing Name TWICE For Newly Married Bride>>> Acceptable Or Not? by newbride1: 11:40am On Sep 19, 2012
Hello Nairalanders, please I have a small dilemma

I got married very recently (2 weeks ago) smiley

I would like to change my name, however my husband wants to change his own surname – it is one of those names that have deities in them Ifa, Ogun and the like.

Now I do not have a problem with this, in fact we already have a name picked out (his father’s first name)

However the problem is the timing.

He is not ready to change it yet – as it will break his parents’ heart, especially just after the wedding.

He is suggesting I change my name to his current name for now, and then we both change it together when the time is right.

This arrangement is not ideal to me, as it will mean I will change my name TWICE within a period of maybe 2 years, or less depending. . .

My question is this – Is it looked upon as suspicious / dubious generally if one changes her name twice? and within a short space of time?

My main concerns are issues of passport, visas, bank accounts e.t.c.

My current passport is due to expire in about 6 months. I don’t want to go to consular/passport offices with different names at different times.

Thanks, I would really appreciate constructive responses.
Re: Changing Name TWICE For Newly Married Bride>>> Acceptable Or Not? by feminineA: 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
There's no problem about changing your surname twice I did the same. Since your passport is expiring in 6mths make sure the new passport bears the new surname you two prefers.
Also,Make sure there's proper documentation for the change of the two names both newspaper publication n affidavit in the event of travellin and others
Re: Changing Name TWICE For Newly Married Bride>>> Acceptable Or Not? by newbride1: 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
thanks feminine A!

So eventually I may have 3 passports bearing 3 names undecided

Just feels odd to me.

Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Man Gives Son Permission To Sleep With His Wife In Abuja / Woman, Arise And Shine / After Marriage, Is It A Must To Have Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.