Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

How Good Is CR-V 2003-2004 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Good Is CR-V 2003-2004 (2914 Views)

Is Toyota Corolla 2003/2004 Overpriced? / How Good Is Toyota Matrix? / Difference Between Honda Accord (eod) 2003, 2004 & 2005 Models. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Is CR-V 2003-2004 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
I have someone who is interested in the the Honda CR-V 2003 or 2004 model. He wants to know the good things and the bad things about the car. These will help him to make his decision on wether to buy it or not. I want good responses from people who have used the car and from those who have one experience or the other with the car. Thank you very much. Please Urgent!

1 Like

Re: How Good Is CR-V 2003-2004 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2012
Can somebody please help now! My Professor at work needs the information on this ride.
Re: How Good Is CR-V 2003-2004 by osuntokun(m): 4:40pm On Jan 17, 2013
I have used my crv 05 for close to 3 years now. no major issue, i travel frequently with it, i have only changed my tyres and normal oil change every 3 month. I also changed my a/c compressor after a year. It is very repliable and trouble free. But the parts are not cheap, fuel consumption is like that of a small car. IT has a small fuel tank less than 60 litres, you need to be smart to notice any change in drive or noise before it gets out of hand, frequently check you oils (gear oil, brake oil, etc.) and you need a good mechanic workshop (NO ROAD SIDE PLS)to keep it running like a new car.
Re: How Good Is CR-V 2003-2004 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
osuntokun: I have used my crv 05 for close to 3 years now. no major issue, i travel frequently with it, i have only changed my tyres and normal oil change every 3 month. I also changed my a/c compressor after a year. It is very repliable and trouble free. But the parts are not cheap, fuel consumption is like that of a small car. IT has a small fuel tank less than 60 litres, you need to be smart to notice any change in drive or noise before it gets out of hand, frequently check you oils (gear oil, brake oil, etc.) and you need a good mechanic workshop (NO ROAD SIDE PLS)to keep it running like a new car.
Thanks Osuntokun. We finally got some info about the car online. I think the major wahala is the AC compressor and the Auto tranny. Well, my Prof. has gone ahead to take a delivery of a 2004 model from USA for his wife and I think the wife is enjoying the ride now.
Re: How Good Is CR-V 2003-2004 by vet707(m): 12:50am On Jan 22, 2013
osuntokun: I have used my crv 05 for close to 3 years now. no major issue, i travel frequently with it, i have only changed my tyres and normal oil change every 3 month. I also changed my a/c compressor after a year. It is very repliable and trouble free. But the parts are not cheap, fuel consumption is like that of a small car. IT has a small fuel tank less than 60 litres, you need to be smart to notice any change in drive or noise before it gets out of hand, frequently check you oils (gear oil, brake oil, etc.) and you need a good mechanic workshop (NO ROAD SIDE PLS)to keep it running like a new car.

I so much like the CRV 2005 and I would like to go for one someday. Please can U̶̲̥̅̊ mention some parts U̶̲̥̅̊ that U̶̲̥̅̊ think are not cheap with their prices. Thanks.
Re: How Good Is CR-V 2003-2004 by osuntokun(m): 8:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
vet707:

I so much like the CRV 2005 and I would like to go for one someday. Please can U̶̲̥̅̊ mention some parts U̶̲̥̅̊ that U̶̲̥̅̊ think are not cheap with their prices. Thanks.

the a/c compressor is btw 70 and 90k. if you change compressor you will need to change thecondenser n drier which is like 20/25k The original shocks is about 60k. Original break pad from honda place is 21k but it will last for like 1year
Re: How Good Is CR-V 2003-2004 by vet707(m): 1:02am On Jan 23, 2013
osuntokun:

the a/c compressor is btw 70 and 90k. if you change compressor you will need to change thecondenser n drier which is like 20/25k The original shocks is about 60k. Original break pad from honda place is 21k but it will last for like 1year

Many thanks bro. Are the prices you quoted from honda place & if not, are the parts readily accessible from the likes of Ladipo & others and @ what cost? Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Electric Shock From Car Door. Have You Experienced It? / What Is Wrong With Mazda Mpv? / Drive To Stay Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.