Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven (5820 Views)

If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
Image123:
remains the Bible verse na, or you read it from an article like frosb?

MATTHEW 6 VS 9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. ABODE OF GOD

LUKE 17 VS 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. ABODE OF THE SPIRIT

MATTHEW 6 VS 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven ABODE ON EARTH WHEN CHRIST RETURNS
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by Image123(m): 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
obadiah777:

MATTHEW 6 VS 9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. ABODE OF GOD

LUKE 17 VS 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. ABODE OF THE SPIRIT

MATTHEW 6 VS 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven ABODE ON EARTH WHEN CHRIST RETURNS
you're dancing, where are the Bible passages that say heaven is filled up with 144000
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2012
Image123:
you're dancing, where are the Bible passages that say heaven is filled up with 144000
REVELATION 14 VS 2 AND 3 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by Image123(m): 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
^filled up?
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
Image123: ^filled up?
I AM SURE YOU DID NOT HEAR ME SAY IT WAS FILLED UP. YOU MUST BE MISTAKING ME FOR SOMEONE ELSE.
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by truthislight: 4:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
Image123:

there is no bible passage that say heaven is filled up.
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by Image123(m): 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
obadiah777: I AM SURE YOU DID NOT HEAR ME SAY IT WAS FILLED UP. YOU MUST BE MISTAKING ME FOR SOMEONE ELSE.
okay, the filled up part was fmk. thanks for the clarification.
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
Image123:
NO FROBLEM MEGIDA
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by FMK(m): 11:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
Image123:

yes filled up if they think they are going to heaven to own houses, cars and bitche.s as they are accustomed to do it here and dancing hallelujah they are mistaken look at here bellow

Revelation chap 14 from verse -3 to 5

they sang as it were a new song before the throne before the four living creatures and elders and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty four thousand who were redeemed from the earth .
4. these are the ones who were not defiled with women for they are virgins these are the ones who follow the lamb

5. and in their mouth was found no deceit for they are without fault before the throne of God

Are you virgin ? and no fault ?
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by haibe(m): 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2012
Best thread ever, cant stop laughing, i did not know people have gone this far in believing heresies until after reading some posts here
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by Image123(m): 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2012
@fmk
yes filled up if they think they are going to heaven to own houses, cars and bitche.s as they are accustomed to do it here and dancing hallelujah they are mistaken look at here bellow

Revelation chap 14 from verse -3 to 5

they sang as it were a new song before the throne before the four living creatures and elders and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty four thousand who were redeemed from the earth .
4. these are the ones who were not defiled with women for they are virgins these are the ones who follow the lamb

5. and in their mouth was found no deceit for they are without fault before the throne of God

Are you virgin ? and no fault ?
the verse doesn't say that heaven is filled up, try again.
Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with him a hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

every child of God is born again, redeemed and follow the Lamb everywhere.
Luk 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honor.
1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by DonXavi(m): 5:39pm On Sep 27, 2012
Ayomivic: Christians beware, this kind of people are Satan's agent.They disguise like christian to decieve those that have not strong in faith.It is the sign of end time.bewareeeeee
My brother, I am utterly flabbergasted by the teachings of this people. Christains should beware of this set of satanic agents parading as Christains with their teachings that emanate from the pit of hell. God please help ur people in this last days.
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
Don Xavi: My brother, I am utterly flabbergasted by the teachings of this people. Christains should beware of this set of satanic agents parading as Christains with their teachings that emanate from the pit of hell. God please help ur people in this last days.
can you tell us which teachings are the correct ones. will appreciate your response. maybe we can all be edified by it
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by FMK(m): 6:17am On Sep 28, 2012
Image123: @fmk

the verse doesn't say that heaven is filled up, try again.
Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with him a hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

every child of God is born again, redeemed and follow the Lamb everywhere.
Luk 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honor.
1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

ok if you are virgin and no fault then you are among of 144000 wink
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by FMK(m): 6:19am On Sep 28, 2012
obadiah777: can you tell us which teachings are the correct ones. will appreciate your response. maybe we can all be edified by it

good question
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by Image123(m): 2:34pm On Sep 28, 2012
FMK:

ok if you are virgin and no fault then you are among of 144000 wink
quit deceiving yourself, there are more people going to heaven than 144000, i don't have to share a slot with them, Heaven's large enough.
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by aletheia(m): 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2012
ijawkid:
If u had read my earlier statements u would have seen what I wrote...

The 144000 are those who are chosen to rule alongside with Christ....they are also co-priests....
Every true believer is chosen to rule alongside Christ. . .as it is written: (Rev 1:6) And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Does this verse allude to a set of 144,000 specific individuals?

The book of Revelations is rich in metaphor, allegory prophetic language and eschatological imagery and a careful reading of the verses in context will show that the number 144,000 is allegory i.e (12 x 12 x 1000): the 12 tribes of Israel, the 12 apostles and 1000 - signifying completion. Also it clear that the 144,000 in chapter 14 is the same as that in chapter 7 where the names of their tribes are given.

[b](Rev 14:1 [KJV])
And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

(Rev 7:4-9 [KJV])
And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand. After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
[/b]

As we see from chapter 7; this list of the 12 tribes given in Revelation 7 does not correspond to the natural 12 tribes of Israel. . .thus tipping us off that this is not a listing of the physical descendants of Jacob who will go to heaven.

Moreover notice the sequence of events:

1. "And I heard the number of them which were sealed:" As already pointed out:

144,000 = 12 x 12 x 1000, signifying the fullness and perfection of God's redemptive plan: Physical Israel & the Gentiles adopted in Christ into Spiritual Israel. What tips us off that the 144,000 is an allusion to Spiritual Israel is that the listing of tribes is wrong from the natural standpoint, both in terms of order of tribes and in terms of the names.

2. After hearing, John then sees: "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands"

So this great innumerable company stands before the throne and before the Lamb. Where is the throne? In heaven, isn't it?

The 144,000 is actually a great multitude which no man can number. . .the 144,000 being symbolic of the perfection of God's plan in their lives.

There is a message in Revelation 7 hidden in plain sight in the names of the sons of Jacob as written there.
In the order listed these are the names:
Judah,
Reuben,
Gad,
Asher,
Napthali,
Manasseh,
Simeon,
Levi,
Issachar,
Zebulon,
Joseph,
Benjamin.

Not only do we find that the names are not listed in order of birth or prominence but we find that Dan and the half-tribe of Ephraim is not listed.

Biblical Hebrew names are not accidental and usually convey a message and are the message is given to us in the meanings of the names in Revelation 7. This is the message:

1. Judah = "I will praise the Lord"
2. Reuben = "He has looked on me"
3. Gad = "Granted good fortune"
4. Asher = "Happy am I"
5. Naphtali = "My wrestling" or "struggle"
6. Manasseh = "Making me to forget"
7. Simeon = "God hears me"
8. Levi = "Joined to me"
9. Issachar = "Purchased Me"
10. Zebulun = "Dwelling"
11. Joseph = "God will add to me"
12. Benjamin = "Son of His right hand"

And so. . .notice what happens when the meaning of the names are combined, in the same order, into a paragraph:
"I will praise the Lord for He has looked on me and granted good fortune. Happy am I because my struggle is forgotten. God hears me and is joined to me. He has purchased me a dwelling. God will add to me the Son of His right hand." (The words in italics are supplied to complete each thought.)
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by truthislight: 8:11pm On Sep 28, 2012
aletheia:
Every true believer is chosen to rule alongside Christ. . .

pls, can you explain further or shade more light?

Who will "every true christian" rule over then?
Thanks.
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by ijawkid(m): 8:30pm On Sep 28, 2012
aletheia:
Every true believer is chosen to rule alongside Christ. . .as it is written: (Rev 1:6) And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Does this verse allude to a set of 144,000 specific individuals?

The book of Revelations is rich in metaphor, allegory prophetic language and eschatological imagery and a careful reading of the verses in context will show that the number 144,000 is allegory i.e (12 x 12 x 1000): the 12 tribes of Israel, the 12 apostles and 1000 - signifying completion. Also it clear that the 144,000 in chapter 14 is the same as that in chapter 7 where the names of their tribes are given.

[b](Rev 14:1 [KJV])
And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

(Rev 7:4-9 [KJV])
And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand. After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
[/b]

As we see from chapter 7; this list of the 12 tribes given in Revelation 7 does not correspond to the natural 12 tribes of Israel. . .thus tipping us off that this is not a listing of the physical descendants of Jacob who will go to heaven.

Moreover notice the sequence of events:

1. "And I heard the number of them which were sealed:" As already pointed out:

144,000 = 12 x 12 x 1000, signifying the fullness and perfection of God's redemptive plan: Physical Israel & the Gentiles adopted in Christ into Spiritual Israel. What tips us off that the 144,000 is an allusion to Spiritual Israel is that the listing of tribes is wrong from the natural standpoint, both in terms of order of tribes and in terms of the names.

2. After hearing, John then sees: "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands"

So this great innumerable company stands before the throne and before the Lamb. Where is the throne? In heaven, isn't it?

The 144,000 is actually a great multitude which no man can number. . .the 144,000 being symbolic of the perfection of God's plan in their lives.

There is a message in Revelation 7 hidden in plain sight in the names of the sons of Jacob as written there.
In the order listed these are the names:
Judah,
Reuben,
Gad,
Asher,
Napthali,
Manasseh,
Simeon,
Levi,
Issachar,
Zebulon,
Joseph,
Benjamin.

Not only do we find that the names are not listed in order of birth or prominence but we find that Dan and the half-tribe of Ephraim is not listed.

Biblical Hebrew names are not accidental and usually convey a message and are the message is given to us in the meanings of the names in Revelation 7. This is the message:

1. Judah = "I will praise the Lord"
2. Reuben = "He has looked on me"
3. Gad = "Granted good fortune"
4. Asher = "Happy am I"
5. Naphtali = "My wrestling" or "struggle"
6. Manasseh = "Making me to forget"
7. Simeon = "God hears me"
8. Levi = "Joined to me"
9. Issachar = "Purchased Me"
10. Zebulun = "Dwelling"
11. Joseph = "God will add to me"
12. Benjamin = "Son of His right hand"

And so. . .notice what happens when the meaning of the names are combined, in the same order, into a paragraph:
"I will praise the Lord for He has looked on me and granted good fortune. Happy am I because my struggle is forgotten. God hears me and is joined to me. He has purchased me a dwelling. God will add to me the Son of His right hand." (The words in italics are supplied to complete each thought.)

As truthislight asked::::

Who will they rule over??

The angels??

Or will they rule over Yahweh??

Who??

Who will be the subjects??
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by Image123(m): 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2012
truthislight:

Thanks.
when Jesus comes with the saints as Jude and Enoch say, there will be people on earth that are not yet dead. These people will also reproduce for the 1000 year period. Another thing is that rulers have different level. e.g chairman, governor, minister, speaker, president are all rulers over one another in a way. Another thing is that ruling or reigning can actually be a state and not an act.
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by aletheia(m): 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
truthislight:

Thanks.

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Rev 5:9-10

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Rom 5:17

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Rev 20:6
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by aletheia(m): 11:22pm On Sep 28, 2012
ijawkid:
Who will they rule over??

The angels??
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
1 Co 6:3

Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.
Pro 25:8
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by truthislight: 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2012
aletheia:
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

the Angels there mentioned are the fallen Angels,
besides, this judginging of Angel is a passing phase and all the faithful still have eternity befor them after the judging, what or who will they rule over after the judgement?

God's loyal Angels in heaven have not done any thing wrong that warrant their being judge.

So, the question remains, who will "all" the righteous people going to heaven rule over?
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by truthislight: 3:47pm On Sep 29, 2012
aletheia:

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

reign/rule over who?

This should be a very simple question that deserved a very simple answer, why the run in circle?
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by ijawkid(m): 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2012
aletheia:

Which angels??

Angel gabriel and Co.??

What have they done that they have to be judged??

Those angels mentioned @ the verse u quoted are definitly wicked spirits not angels who Have been serving Jah since and b4 the founding of the world.....

1 Like

Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2012
ijawkid:

Which angels??

Angel gabriel and Co.??

What have they done that they have to be judged??

Those angels mentioned @ the verse u quoted are definitly wicked spirits not angels who Have been serving Jah since and b4 the founding of the world.....

Yeah, the fallen angels mentioned in Genesis 6 that lust after the daughters of men!

1 Like

Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by FMK(m): 5:44am On Sep 30, 2012
Image123:
when Jesus comes with the saints as Jude and Enoch say, there will be people on earth that are not yet dead. These people will also reproduce for the 1000 year period. Another thing is that rulers have different level. e.g chairman, governor, minister, speaker, president are all rulers over one another in a way. Another thing is that ruling or reigning can actually be a state and not an act.

1000 years you are talking about is already over John revelation happened in year around 45 and from year 45 to year 1045 the prophecy is already fulfilled
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by aletheia(m): 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2012
truthislight:
reign/rule over who?
This should be a very simple question that deserved a very simple answer, why the run in circle?

truthislight:
the Angels there mentioned are the fallen Angels,
besides, this judginging of Angel is a passing phase and all the faithful still have eternity befor them after the judging, what or who will they rule over after the judgement?

God's loyal Angels in heaven have not done any thing wrong that warrant their being judge.

So, the question remains, who will "all" the righteous people going to heaven rule over?
The scripture clearly states: "we shall judge angels". Simple. All your cavilling is nonsense.

Read these verses again:
aletheia:

Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by truthislight: 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2012
aletheia:

The scripture clearly states: "we shall judge angels". Simple. All your cavilling is nonsense.

Read these verses again:
^^^

thank you then.

Since that is all you've got.

Am actually surprise that this is how you arrived at your conclussion.
Peace
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by joe4christ(m): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2012
The problem is mmany of u think u've known all that needed to be known in the scripture forgetting thesame scripture said be careful when u think u stand less u fall, God hates pride and does not tale pleasure in it's practice, humble yourself before the holy spirit and be teachable less you become a vessel used by satan to mislead the young believers in christ - Remember the word of Jesus himself that it's better such a person ties a rock round his or her neck and dive into a deep ocean than to face God's judgement seat for such a crime.
Like the Lord Jesus would say; whoever is not for me is against me, so the question is who's side are u realy on.
Remember Jesus is coming back soon to reward every man according to his works and what he or she deserves.
Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by Image123(m): 5:15pm On Sep 30, 2012
FMK:

1000 years you are talking about is already over John revelation happened in year around 45 and from year 45 to year 1045 the prophecy is already fulfilled
no, the 1000year period starts when Jesus comes with His saints

1 Like

Re: Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2012
Image123:
no, the 1000year period starts when Jesus comes with His saints
THAT PROPHESY IS FULFILLED. FMK IS CORRECT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 2 / Prayer Points For RCCG 50days Fasting / Corona Virus Is Greater Than Yahweh And Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.