Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:34 AM

HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S (9123 Views)

Please Assist A Brother! My Infinix Joypad 8s Has A Software Issue. / HTC Announces Lollipop Release For Desire Eye And Desire 816 / Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2012

HTC has announced their mid-range play into the Windows Phone 8 marketplace. The Windows Phone 8S by HTC is a vibrant looking device that packs a punch of color to hopefully make it stand out on retail shelves. The design is supposed to resemble that of a pillow with a softly rounded back and a rectangle facing front.

The device packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual-core 1 GHz chipset, 512 MB of RAM, 4GB of storage, 1700 mAh battery, GPS, Beats Audio, 5 MP camera and Wi-Fi but the device, like the 8X, does not have NFC. The device also has a removable SD card, which does separate itself a bit from the 8X with its fixed 16 GB of storage.

Display-wise you are getting a 4.0-inch Super LCD panel with a WVGA resolution, coated with Gorilla Glass as you would expect . The device is also more particularly slim, coming in at 10.28mm although the curving should help to hide this.

Look for this device to hit retail shelves in early November, alongside the 8X, after the likely Windows Phone 8 announcements by Microsoft at the end of October on 150+ operators in 50+ countries.

Source: HTC Press Release(via Engadget)
http://www.neowin.net/news/htc-windows-phone-8s-announced-brings-along-the-bold-color

1 Like

Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by puskin: 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2012
HTC no dey waste time to enter the W8 arena. The fone is beautiful

1 Like

Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 19, 2012
whats special about this device?
#just asking
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
The color smiley
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by moonraker(m): 2:30am On Sep 20, 2012
Erm No thank you!!!
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 20, 2012
This phone is for those who can't afford the 8X I believe. The HTC 8X comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor, clocking in at 1.5 GHz across two cores and also supplemented by 1 GB of RAM. The display is a 4.3-inch 1280 x 720 Super LCD 2 panel coated with Gorilla Glass 2, and surrounded by a 10.1mm thin curved case that comes in Nokia-style colors known as "California Blue, Graphite Black, Flame Red and Limelight Yellow".

Other specs include a rear 8-megapixel camera with a BSI sensor, f/2.0 lens and LED flash, plus a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera with 88-degree field-of-view; 16 GB of on-board storage and a 1,800 mAh battery. Naturally, Windows Phone 8 is on-board with some exclusive accent colors to match the hardware, plus Beats Audio enhancement.

Images of HTC 8X

Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:49am On Sep 20, 2012
I will never understand people who use phones in bright red, yellow etc etc colors. jeez.
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by jedisco(m): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2012
4llerbuntu: I will never understand people who use phones in bright red, yellow etc etc colors. jeez.

All the phones I've used have been dark colours cos I thought its cool although I prefer white when I see it with people.
That said, this recent colour splurge with WP got me thinking otherwise. Its like a breath of fresh air.
The only thing is dat it would get everyone looking at your phone once its out. Some people might like this, some might not.

Although there is the traditional black, I most likely will pick a bright one (Maybe yellow or blue) if I purchase one.

1 Like

Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by samir101ng(m): 11:31am On Sep 20, 2012
4llerbuntu: I will never understand people who use phones in bright red, yellow etc etc colors. jeez.

It's a matter of choice really. I love the option of multiple colors. However, it will look out of place in a corporate environment. Lol !!!

jedisco:

All the phones I've used have been dark colours cos I thought its cool although I prefer white when I see it with people.
That said, this recent colour splurge with WP got me thinking otherwise. Its like a breath of fresh air.
The only thing is dat it would get everyone looking at your phone once its out. Some people might like this, some might not.

Although there is the traditional black, I most likely will pick a bright one (Maybe yellow or blue) if I purchase one.

Correct Guy !!!

1 Like

Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2012
Sexy phone i love the blue
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by puskin: 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2012

Their choice.....respect that
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:56pm On Sep 20, 2012
puskin:

Their choice.....respect that

oh i do, i sure do. its just same with how one has to respect girls that sag with no panties on a bike on the streets of lagos tongue tongue

i use a pearl white phone!!

just imagine going into a coporate establishment for a serious high level meeting and this bulky CEO type chap whips out his phone, BRIGHT YELLOW with ice cream sound ringtone, or britney spears grin grin grin grin

Brainrex: Sexy phone i love the blue

bros no go chop am o , this pics are advertising shots generated on a pc, e no look like that exactly

but the blue ain't bad, the black is sexy.

i g
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by Gonzaga1010(m): 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2012
Dats is pretty cool
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by jedisco(m): 5:06pm On Sep 20, 2012
It looks as if our mods have sworn for Nokia.

How would HTC WP8 device reach frontpage before the Lumias?
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 20, 2012
chinna already release thi phone
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by jedisco(m): 5:11pm On Sep 20, 2012
4llerbuntu:

oh i do, i sure do. its just same with how one has to respect girls that sag with no panties on a bike on the streets of lagos tongue tongue

just imagine going into a coporate establishment for a serious high level meeting and this bulky CEO type chap whips out his phone, BRIGHT YELLOW with ice cream sound ringtone, or britney spears grin grin grin grin

bros no go chop am o , this pics are advertising shots generated on a pc, e no look like that exactly

i g

Thats why there are black and white ones for the cooperate guys and coloured ones for funky peeps.

However, from the sale data of the Lumias which show that cyan colour was the most wanted, I think alot of people want a change. The only thing is that the new Lumias are glossy which kind of gives it a cheap look.
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2012
These phone manufacturers are not serious one bit...With all the new releases, its pretty much obvious that QWERTY keypads are gradually going extinct!
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by SamMilla1(m): 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2012
This oyibo should allow us to rest. They are releasing new models of everything everyday. How do they expect us to sell our old phones and buy new ones when they release new ones every day. They should be regulations on when each company can release new products.

2 Likes

Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 20, 2012
I'd have to be threatened with sharia punishment to touch that "new" dinosaur phone with a 5000ft stripper pole.
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2012
With all these "Touch Screen" gadgets flying around, does this mean the death of "Physical Keyboards" (it's one of those reasons I've always kept a Bold or E7 around)
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by Bawss1(m): 5:34pm On Sep 20, 2012
Sam Milla: This oyibo should allow us to rest. They are releasing new models of everything everyday. How do they expect us to sell our old phones and buy new ones when they release new ones every day. They should be regulations on when each company can release new products.

Says the poor man tongue

1 Like

Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by chucky234(m): 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2012
4llerbuntu:

i g
Guy wetin corporate inside phone again,how colour of phone or ringtone take concern corporate meeting na
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by chucky234(m): 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2012
jedisco: It looks as if our mods have sworn for Nokia.

How would HTC WP8 device reach frontpage before the Lumias?
Guess you don't know much about HTC phones
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by na2day(m): 5:48pm On Sep 20, 2012
Honestly, the Lumia 920 and these Htc are really beautiful, though the HTC's gaudy colors make it look girlish grin
Windows Phone is finally coming of age!
2013 is really going to be very interesting, especially with Firefox OS joining the fray!
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by LordReed(m): 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2012
Wow, nice phones from HTC. I wonder how they'd stack up against the Lumia 920.
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by mikron(m): 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2012
i ordered for one online. God how i love htc windows and android phones. They are the in thing now. You wount believe how much these phones cost online. With 50 thousand naira u will be able to get one +shipping. The internet makes life easy for us.
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by ziccoit: 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2012
Why is Nokia Window phones thread hasn't made the front page by now?
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by jedisco(m): 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2012
4llerbuntu:

i g

Thats why there are black and white ones for the cooperate guys and coloured ones for funky peeps.

However, from the sale data of the Lumias which show that cyan colour was the most wanted, I think alot of people want a change.
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2012
Nokia should HTC...
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by highlandre(m): 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2012
Whether it's HTC Windows 8 or Apple's Iphone 5, na money una just dey burn....mtcheeew!

I'm happy with my Nokia 3310. grin grin
Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by manosteel(m): 6:59pm On Sep 20, 2012
highlandre: Whether it's HTC Windows 8 or Apple's Iphone 5, na money una just dey burn....mtcheeew!

I'm happy with my Nokia 3310. grin grin
Ha ha ha! It is written, The poor shall never cease to be in your midst.

5 Likes

Re: HTC Announces Their Windows Phone 8S by Suntemi(m): 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2012
Hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Galaxy S21 Ultra Is Making Me Go Crazy!!! / MTN Introduces Blackberry Daily Plan / The Samsung Galaxy M20 For #55,621 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.