Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? (1437 Views)

Where Was Paul/saul When Jesus Was Alive / Should Christians Fight Back? / Why Do Christians Fight So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by Jamji: 11:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
Please some one tell me, why is it that Christians dont fight and go around burning things when Jesus is insulted?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by vislabraye(m): 11:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
Christians cannot stand it when Jesus is insulted. But we know those people do so out of ignorance.
If they know him as God and the owner of their soul, they would bow and worship him.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 20, 2012
It will be justifiable for christians to fight for jesus than the muslims for mo
Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by Nobody: 12:56am On Sep 20, 2012
"silence is the best reply for a f o o l"

we make them more f o o lish when we keep quiet. . .but after a while it is expected to preach repentance to them.

#mind you, our warfare are not carnal. i.e we don't fight with bomb, with fight with something more than the physical, something they'll never understand.. something dangerous yet comforting.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by Nobody: 1:00am On Sep 20, 2012
acidosis™:

we make them more f o o lish when we keep quiet.
keeping quiet under the fear of what might be
Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by greedie1(f): 1:01am On Sep 20, 2012
It dates back to d bible days, wen judas betrayed Jesus and handed him to his crucifiers, one of d disciple whyl tryin to save his Master, cut off d ear of a soldier, but Jesus glued it bak on and wat did HE say?

Jesus has clearly pointed out to us dat violence is never d answer. Des fanatics do not know wat dey r doin. Jesus can fight his own battles so why displease Him to please Him? D battle is not and has never bin against flesh nd blood, so why kill?

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by Nobody: 1:21am On Sep 20, 2012
Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by Nobody: 1:21am On Sep 20, 2012
diluminati:
keeping quiet under the fear of what might be

keeping quiet under the fear of "these people loosing their lives in hell" if we ever attack. .
Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by ProudUSA: 5:13am On Sep 20, 2012
Don't be fooled - racist undertones and a history of US leaders and friends attacking and bombing other countries has led to the general responses worldwide to the hate-filled film.

Just imagine a white person making a movie calling Martin Luthor King (not even Jesus yet) a love-vendor who taught African-Americans to be violent drug-taking gangsters then someone showing it on TV in a place like Harlem.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by MrAnony1(m): 7:43am On Sep 20, 2012
ProudUSA: Don't be fooled - racist undertones and a history of US leaders and friends attacking and bombing other countries has led to the general responses worldwide to the hate-filled film.

Just imagine a white person making a movie calling Martin Luthor King (not even Jesus yet) a love-vendor who taught African-Americans to be violent drug-taking gangsters then someone showing it on TV in a place like Harlem.
On point.
Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by ghazzal: 7:53am On Sep 20, 2012
acidosis™:

keeping quiet under the fear of "these people loosing their lives in hell" if we ever attack. .
besides, who will insult Jesus but christians themselves. they also insult Muhammed yet they claim to love. tell me a case muslims insult Jesus. all we say is in our believe. say what is in your belief or keep Quiet. Dont frame things up to insult. it is not rewarding
Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 20, 2012
The fight is of the Lord's!
Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by Areaboy2(m): 9:44am On Sep 20, 2012
gree-die:
It dates back to d bible days, wen judas betrayed Jesus and handed him to his crucifiers, one of d disciple whyl tryin to save his Master, cut off d ear of a soldier, but Jesus glued it bak on and wat did HE say?

Jesus has clearly pointed out to us dat violence is never d answer. Des fanatics do not know wat dey r doin. Jesus can fight his own battles so why displease Him to please Him? D battle is not and has never bin against flesh nd blood, so why kill?

And what about the crusaders?

Somehow, most Christians only know history they see in their bible. Although largely misrepresented and adjusted to fit the intentions of the original author (as well as subsequent reproducers), they still regard bible history as fact!. I'll leave this here for now

Sticking to the topic, Christians have had there own fair share of barbarism in the name of religion. Galileo Galilei was freaking arrested for just suggesting the earth revolved around the sun and not the other way around. The pope was absolutely livid when he heard this (now we know Galilei was right). Imagine if Jesus was misrepresented in that era? Some people will be barbecue before the day is over.

Come on guys, Christianity has only followed the trend of change and immense advancement in technology and culture to re-brand itself, Islam on the other hand will rather stay primitive hence all the silly things we see.

Religion is a farce! and they are all the same, all of them, none exempted. The earlier we can see through it for what it really is, the better for us.
nuff said
Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by haibe(m): 5:13pm On Sep 20, 2012
Christians cant d̶̲̅σ that, we were told to love them that hate usChristians cant d̶̲̅σ that, we were told to love them that hate usChristians cant d̶̲̅σ that, we were told  love them that hate us
Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by Sweetnecta: 5:44pm On Sep 20, 2012
i bet each of the world wars spearheaded by christians, even nigerian war headed by christian dont count of aggressions?

Hey someone needs to turn the other cheek like Bush senior or junior or another christian leader who can stop himself from fighting a war, even so start the war, bush style of preemptive strike.

Through in John Ashcroft, Donald Rumfeld, Dick Cheney for good measure.
Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by chyket(m): 6:11pm On Sep 20, 2012
Because Christianity is a religion of Peace!!!!.
Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:40pm On Sep 20, 2012
Because christians insulted the Gods of the Nigerian Peoples! angry

every 9Ja in his inner-heart knows that.
Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:08pm On Sep 20, 2012
It has absolutely nothing to do with anything but the Religious Leaders.

If Christian Religious leaders started concentrating on preaching hate and violence against unbelievers, you can be certain that Christians will be exactly like violent Muslims - majority of whom have had years of listening to ethnophobic hate speeches that are neither Islamic or anything close to Holy.

Christian Religious leaders are more interested in building congregations and swelling the vaults of the church.. see why Christians can never be genocidal violent to Muslims or Guru-Maharajis
Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by deols(f): 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2012
christians want their heavens on earth. heavens fully on earth before heavens in the heavens require a long life.

On a serious note, majority of christians dont see a big deal in making a joke about Jesus. A Muslim(who knows Islam well) wouldn't ever insult Jesus. So, y would he allow you insult Muhammed(S.A.W). I am not in support of using violent means but Muslims would forever show their displeasure when you insult their faith. No apologies.
Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2012
deols: christians want their heavens on earth. heavens fully on earth before heavens in the heavens require a long life.

On a serious note, majority of christians dont see a big deal in making a joke about Jesus. A Muslim(who knows Islam well) wouldn't ever insult Jesus. So, y would he allow you insult Muhammed(S.A.W). I am not in support of using violent means but Muslims would forever show their displeasure when you insult their faith. No apologies.

Not so.

We do take insults to his name seriously but we are only frail human beings and cannot fight the enemies of God ( they are mostly spiritual ) he will sort them out himself.

We live on a higher moral plane.

Jude 1:15
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
15 to execute judgment upon all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their ungodly deeds which they have done in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”

"Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord." - Romans 12:19

Deuteronomy 32:35 It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them."

Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody

2 Timothy 4:14 Alexander the metalworker did me a great deal of harm. The Lord will repay him for what he has done

You see, we worship a living GOD who all power belongs to , not some weakling that sends his hordes of fanatics to maim, kill and torture God's own creatures.
Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by deols(f): 8:55pm On Sep 20, 2012
But you know of the crusades nah? were these parts not in the bible at the time?

allow me derail small
u now have a blog hmmn? startn ur own religion for christ. smh
Re: Why Don't Christians Fight When Jesus Is Insulted? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 20, 2012
deols: But you know of the crusades nah? were these parts not in the bible at the time?

allow me derail small
u now have a blog hmmn? startn ur own religion for christ. smh

Hello sister Deols , my blog was created to mitigate the madness caused by our common 'enemies', those rampant atheists. grin

Anyway , read about the crusades on-line , they were not in any form or shape Christians .

thanks.

(1) (Reply)

What Do Christians Think Of Some Christians That Have Only Court Marriages? / 10 Very Outstanding Scientists Of All Time And Their Thoughts On God / "What Is The Day-Age Theory?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.