Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Ethiopians Racist---read Article. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ethiopians Racist---read Article. (4949 Views)

The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians / Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior / Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by somalia5: 10:19am On Sep 20, 2012
Now Somalis generally pride themselves in being more racist than ethiopians simply cause Somalia is one ethnicity and ethiopia is multi ethnic. But recent enternet searches shows they are still holding their racist views. Lmao

for several years, i’d passed the restaurant while driving through that side of town. It looked like an interesting spot; i said i’d stick my head in there one day.

But when that day finally came, it reminded me of the scene in the movie “48 hours,” where eddie murphy ventures into a bar that happens to be a white country & western joint. My arrival was not nearly as spectacular, but i did elicit my share of curious glances.

A bartender can set the mood for a patron, and the man pouring my drink was pleasant. However, our good-natured chat about the weather and the day’s headlines wasn’t enough to take the chill off this room. I casually looked around the place and couldn’t find one face that appeared to hold much love for a newcomer.

Taking another sip of my beer, i told myself that maybe it was just me. What did i expect, a welcoming committee? i reminded myself that many social establishments often react a little coolly to non-regulars. Maybe what i was feeling didn’t have a damned thing to do with anything but familiarity.

The restaurant was more than half full, but i had the tiny bar all to myself, so i was glad that two men and a woman in the mood for libations joined me. For all the acknowledgment made, though, i might as well have been invisible. When another man moseyed in and took a seat at the end of the bar, he somehow ended up in the trio’s jovial conversation. So they weren’t blind or anti-social, after all. I deduced that it had to be my cologne.

Or, just maybe, it really was me. And maybe i really didn’t come in here for just a drink and cordial camaraderie. Maybe, deep, deep down inside, i’d come in here to make some kind of point. I certainly was open to conceding as much to myself.

And so, with very little chance of my self-examination being interrupted, i sat there and gave it all serious, honest consideration – and confirmed that i truly did have honorable intentions. I figured i’d come in here, have a drink, dig the atmosphere and thus add it to my list of places to go. For reasons that evaded me, it wasn’t working out that way.

I couldn’t ignore the irony, of course – the very notion that hundreds of years later, there’d be the issue of us getting along. For many years, i’ve heard all the reasons. Inevitably mentioned are issues of culture and the idea that any problems among us are, ultimately, the residual affect of slavery in america. Did that sinister deed, besides everything else, somehow drive a wedge between brothers under god’s sun, a division that, after all these years, still remains?

and who says that we, in particular, must get along, anyway?

but we should … shouldn’t we?

once again alone at the bar, i was pondering it all when the bartender spoke.

“my friend, may i ask you a question?”

“sure.”

“why did you come here tonight?”

i explained that i’d never been here before and i thought it adventurous to try something new.

“just a drink? or did you also hope to meet some of our women?”

it all sounds so offensive now, but you had to be there. His words came sincerely – out of curiosity more than anything else and, i suppose, concern. I thought about his question.

Maybe, i replied, i ventured in here hoping, perhaps, to discover some measure of kinship. Or, as corny as it might sound, just a little bit of myself.

“but it’s friday night, my friend,” he said.

“there are many other places in this city for you to be. Would you not want to be with … your own kind?”

i know – it all could have made for some compelling banter. However, after seeking conversation over the course of two beers, all i wanted to do now was leave. I tried to pay my tab, but the bartender simply smiled.

“it is on the house, my friend,” he said. Translation: just leave, my friend. Please.

As a black man born and raised in america, i’ve dealt with prejudice, racism and mistrust in many configurations. Sometimes it is subtle and other times not so subtle, and you can encounter it anywhere, from anybody. Still, it never occurred to me that i’d face any of those things on a friday night in an ethiopian restaurant.

From the tiny bar i gathered up my pride and headed out in search of “my own kind” – and hoped that i’d know them when i saw them.

http://www.mashada.com/forums/politics/124229-ethiopians-racist.html
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 20, 2012
and?

who cares?
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by somalia5: 11:13am On Sep 20, 2012
*Kails*:
and?

who cares?

Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 20, 2012
actually i do.
its so far ahead of you, i don't know your there unless you speak.

you're talking...i don't want to hear it.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by somalia5: 11:17am On Sep 20, 2012
*Kails*:
actually i do.
its so far ahead of you, i don't know your there unless you speak.

you're talking...i don't want to hear it.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by Tolaaaaannni(f): 1:29am On Sep 21, 2012
@op olori do'ta ni e. Odanpe Ori e ti gba ile gan. undecided
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by somalia5: 3:45am On Sep 21, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: @op olori do'ta ni e. Odanpe Ori e ti gba ile gan. undecided

english monkeys
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 9:04am On Sep 21, 2012
@somali ur problem is dat while the world is advancing technologically u are here talking about who is ugly n who is beautiful.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 9:07am On Sep 21, 2012
And one frustrating thing about u is how u think all african are ugly(including u) but u have never known that fulani with a population of 30million.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 9:11am On Sep 21, 2012
Are the most beautiful in africa.but u will never see them bragging about their beauty n calling other names. Also do know the shuwa arabs in nigeria n niger.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 9:15am On Sep 21, 2012
They are also beautiful people wit caucassian features that why dey are called arabs(though they are not) we also have the igbos in eastern nig.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2012
The igbos (40 million)are also beautiful wit fair skin.but u will never see them coming here to say they are beautiful.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 9:21am On Sep 21, 2012
Have u ever heard of the moors in mauritania who ruled spain 4 800 years. They are also beautiful creatures n well learned.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 9:25am On Sep 21, 2012
But here in west africa we have an islamic culture which forbade people to be racist? Or downgrade people. Well maybe in east or south africa,
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 9:28am On Sep 21, 2012
May be they are not that beautiful hence making u guys to feel special.but here in west africa we have tribes dat are far beautiful than eth-somalians.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 9:31am On Sep 21, 2012
If u are a muslim go n read hadith how racism is a sin. N do u know that in whole west africa muslims have d highest population?
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 9:37am On Sep 21, 2012
Senegal-muslim
niger-muslims
mali -muslims
chad-muslims
nigeria-majority muslims
gambia-a fulani country muslim
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 9:39am On Sep 21, 2012
Burkina faso-muslims
guinea bissau-muslim ghana, togo,benin,liberia,serielone have good number of muslims
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 9:44am On Sep 21, 2012
Islam was established in this countries because fulani's who conquar those territories did so not to enslave or rule them but to spread d islamic religion.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 9:47am On Sep 21, 2012
Because dat is what our prophet(SAW) ordered us to do. N i know he is proud of us.because if we are rascist do u think we will have suceeded.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 9:51am On Sep 21, 2012
No i think not.so pls try to reason as a muslim(if u are) n stop beign racist n repent.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 9:55am On Sep 21, 2012
So pls if u have question about west africa n its history,culture n people feel free to ask i will be ready to answer u.i will also like to much about somalia.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by somalia5: 11:17am On Sep 21, 2012
monkey do u expect me to read all that. tongue

u guys are negroid= ugly monkeys

we somalis have better history, culture and are more beutiful

even the ethiopians and eritreans are better in terms of beuty and history

u are all slaves.

the african union soldiers in somalia will die. may they all be dragged through the streets like monkeys
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
@nigga somali am happy that u have understand dat u aint that special n fulani's are far better dan u .hahaha.lol
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2012
I also read in somalinet someone saying that bantu kenya has taking south somali n are molesting ur women.i am really sorry.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 1:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
[img][/img]
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
^^^

Time registered: September 19, 2012

interesting.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by MrsChima1(f): 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
Awwww...who deleted the Black Joke Thread? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
So u thin hungry looking nigga somali. A smelling famine bastard hope d pictures from skycrapper really showed how ugly somalis are.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2012
patanjaly: [img][/img]

Fail.
Re: Ethiopians Racist---read Article. by patanjaly: 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2012
[img][/img]fulani

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Meaning Of The Word ADE in Yoruba Names / Which Language Is The Most Difficult? Igbo, Yoruba Or Hausa? / How To Understand The History Of Yoruba And The Caliphate Of Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.