Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,698 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Ucbrowser Versus Operamini - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ucbrowser Versus Operamini (10261 Views)

Airtel Operamini Data Problems / Which Do You Prefer? Operamini Or UC Browser? / Recommemded Ucbrowser Add-ons To Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Ay92(m): 10:32am On Sep 20, 2012
Please guys,which of these two compress more data and save more credit?
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Damon03(m): 10:07am On Sep 22, 2012
I'm quite disappointed, i thought u would compare performance of the two browsers but instead u want to compare data compression. Anyway, both of them claim 90% compression ability. Now folks, uc browser vs Opera mini, which is better?? I'll say uc browser cos of the multiple tabs

1 Like

Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 22, 2012
If u nid data compression try BB. But if u want PERFORMANCE and FEATURES, UC Browser is da best
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Ay92(m): 9:55pm On Sep 22, 2012
Thanks people.I don't have a bb and I don't plan to buy one.I have a nokia symbian phone,n95 to be precise.But the point is,I'm a student with limited resources and I need fast and affordable internet access for my studies.That's why I'd like to know which of the browsers that will manage my limited resources.
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 22, 2012
Damon03: I'm quite disappointed, i thought u would compare performance of the two browsers but instead u want to compare data compression. Anyway, both of them claim 90% compression ability. Now folks, uc browser vs Opera mini, which is better?? I'll say uc browser cos of the multiple tabs
u dont know what u are talking about. operamini allows u open more tabs than UC browser. with operamini, u can highlight texts and copy/paste. Uc browser is only better than opera in terms of ease of navigation and picture quality. aside these, opera rocks.
interms of compression, no browser can beat opera mini

1 Like

Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2012
Ay92: Thanks people.I don't have a bb and I don't plan to buy one.I have a nokia symbian phone,n95 to be precise.But the point is,I'm a student with limited resources and I need fast and affordable internet access for my studies.That's why I'd like to know which of the browsers that will manage my limited resources.
operamini.

u can download a suitable version here m.operamini.com
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by OmichaelO: 12:08am On Sep 23, 2012
operamini is beta...its more handy
but ucbrowser is good for downloading

4 Likes

Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Damon03(m): 9:37am On Sep 23, 2012
toba: u dont know what u are talking about. operamini allows u open more tabs than UC browser. with operamini, u can highlight texts and copy/paste. Uc browser is only better than opera in terms of ease of navigation and picture quality. aside these, opera rocks.
interms of compression, no browser can beat opera mini
Bla bla bla bla, u even had the audacity to tell me that i dont know what i'm talking about... FYI if u try to open multiple tabs with opera it will close the other tabs and tell u to reload them. Why dont u go to ur opera right now and try to open 14 tabs with average pages on each, see what happens? Now try 14 heavy pages with uc and you will understand

copy/paste? grin I cant believe u said that, why dont u find someone to tutor u on its use since u cant get around it urself. Uc has more copy features than opera, its nt even debatable *Hint: try pressing 1* thank me later...

About compression, both of them claim 90% compression like i said but atleast i av 5 diff. image options on uc and i can reduce the data consumption as i want. Since i started using uc browser going back to opera feels like going into a cage, nt enough features!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Excelboi(m): 10:14am On Sep 23, 2012
Don't even compare the two in terms of data compression! Operamini. Is the best in terms of compression and has a simple, friendly and neat interface but not good for downloading. But UCweb is the best for downloading, but the browser sucks as most time I crash when it want to open some pages.

2 Likes

Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by chrisley024(m): 11:17am On Sep 23, 2012
well, i rate Uc higher both in terms of features, speed n, infact generally!
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by OmichaelO: 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2012
Damon03: Bla bla bla bla, u even had the audacity to tell me that i dont know what i'm talking about... FYI if u try to open multiple tabs with opera it will close the other tabs and tell u to reload them. Why dont u go to ur opera right now and try to open 14 tabs with average pages on each, see what happens? Now try 14 heavy pages with uc and you will understand

copy/paste? grin I cant believe u said that, why dont u find someone to tutor u on its use since u cant get around it urself. Uc has more copy features than opera, its nt even debatable *Hint: try pressing 1* thank me later...

About compression, both of them claim 90% compression like i said but atleast i av 5 diff. image options on uc and i can reduce the data consumption as i want. Since i started using uc browser going back to opera feels like going into a cage, nt enough features!!
about the closing of tabs you mentioned,it depends on phone...cos it has never happened on my nokia 603
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Damon03(m): 2:49pm On Sep 23, 2012
O.michael.O:
about the closing of tabs you mentioned,it depends on phone...cos it has never happened on my nokia 603
yea thats to be expected from a belle smartphone, mayb cos of RAM space. Uc has its limitations too. But definately nt in data compression or copy/paste. Its just fully packed with features
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by OmichaelO: 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2012
Damon03: yea thats to be expected from a belle smartphone, mayb cos of RAM space. Uc has its limitations too. But definately nt in data compression or copy/paste. Its just fully packed with features
you are right on that...have not tried the copy n paste on ucbrowser...
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Buchika: 11:15pm On Sep 23, 2012
@damon03: yea uc browser is cool but when it comes to ui opera takes it. My little annoyance with uc browser is that when I open a page from wikipedia and some other sites it must divide it into several pages unlike opera mini, i ve tried all the settings but it s still same. Also i dont know if Anyone has experienced this, when i am browsing with uc browser on my belle phone most of the time it will just close itself. Its very very annoying apart from this uc browser is ok
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Damon03(m): 7:12am On Sep 25, 2012
Buchika: @damon03: yea uc browser is cool but when it comes to ui opera takes it. My little annoyance with uc browser is that when I open a page from wikipedia and some other sites it must divide it into several pages unlike opera mini, i ve tried all the settings but it s still same. Also i dont know if Anyone has experienced this, when i am browsing with uc browser on my belle phone most of the time it will just close itself. Its very very annoying apart from this uc browser is ok

try to update it to the latest version. That should solve the problem
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by babarazy: 7:58am On Sep 25, 2012
i use opera for browsing and UC for downloading.
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by amblors(m): 8:49am On Sep 25, 2012
UC browser on the blackberry has very poor usablility.
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by inemboy16: 1:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
Does Uc compress at all? I've never known this since i knew of the browser. Opera compresses wellĂ . Uc is the best on iPhone.
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Ay92(m): 2:18pm On Sep 25, 2012
hmm! Thanks for your reply everyone.
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Buchika: 7:33pm On Sep 27, 2012
Damon03:
try to update it to the latest version. That should solve the problem
of course am using the using the latest version
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2012
Go to Prèferences => General Settings => Select Off or No Segmentation from the Page Size/Segmentation Settings after Font Size
Save and u cn nw view any site on a single page.

Buchika: @damon03: yea uc browser is cool but when it comes to ui opera takes it. My little annoyance with uc browser is that when I open a page from wikipedia and some other sites it must divide it into several pages unlike opera mini, i ve tried all the settings but it s still same. Also i dont know if Anyone has experienced this, when i am browsing with uc browser on my belle phone most of the time it will just close itself. Its very very annoying apart from this uc browser is ok
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2012
Oya Show Ya Opera Screenshots of Compression Level.

here is mine

Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Ay92(m): 6:06am On Mar 17, 2013
operamini

Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by pakilino: 6:46am On Oct 24, 2013
In terms of data compression opera mini is the best that is in the ratio of 1:20 but uc browser only compresses data in the ratio of 1:14 see that range.
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 14, 2015
Download the latest Uc Browser for all device from here http://www.edumacro.com/download-browser-for-android-windows-java-phone/
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by liljboy(m): 12:00pm On Mar 14, 2015
OmichaelO:
operamini is beta...its more handy
but ucbrowser is good for downloading
I support
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by liljboy(m): 12:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
Excelboi:
Don't even compare the two in terms of data compression! Operamini. Is the best in terms of compression and has a simple, friendly and neat interface but not good for downloading. But UCweb is the best for downloading, but the browser sucks as most time I crash when it want to open some pages.
you are right...... opera mini is so smooth and amazing..... uc is just good for downloading..... I just copy the link from opera when I want to download
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 14, 2015
There's really no basis for comparison here. Operamini is a lite version of Opera Web Browser, just like UC browser mini is a lite version of UC Browser. And when it comes to speed and data compression, UC browser mini beats it's opera counterpart hands down.
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by liljboy(m): 2:50pm On Mar 14, 2015
koice:
There's really no basis for comparison here. Operamini is a lite version of Opera Web Browser, just like UC browser mini is a lite version of UC Browser. And when it comes to speed and data compression, UC browser mini beats it's opera counterpart hands down.
story for the fowls..... if I yearrrr
Re: Ucbrowser Versus Operamini by jworos(m): 8:24pm On Mar 14, 2015
I just dey look ppl dey blab here, UcWeb is d best, whether on Bb,java,Symbian n Android, wen it comes to downloading, tabs, shortcuts UcWeb beats opera hands down...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whatsapp Calling Feature Is Cool / How To Convert/install Any Java/symbian App On An Android Device / Droidvpn Works Perfectly On Airtel (all Apps Working)... Android 4.0 And Above

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.