Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,861 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips - Fashion/Clothing Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion/Clothing Market / Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips (4037 Views)

Makeup Tips / 51 Secret Makeup Tips Every Woman Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by bedivine: 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2012
As a makeup artist I'm totally all for everything glam and fabulous and helping women everywhere look their ultimate best. Any questions feel free to ask or email beautydivine.ng@gmail.com.

Learn how to transform your eyepencil to gel eyeliner:
First of all get a good Khol eyepencil (personally I use one from The Body Shop which is very great). Next get a lighter or match(es) for some open flame. Slightly liquefy the tip of the pencil by holding it in the flame for ONE VERY QUICK second. Wait a few seconds for the pencil to cool down and test it on the back of your hand before placing it anywhere close to your delicate eye area. The pencil can get really hot while in the flame.

This is one trick makeup artists use to create super intensely smudged eyeliner looks.
Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by bedivine: 1:33pm On Sep 20, 2012
Want extra definition on your bottom lashes? Why not try loading up some mascara product on a flat firm brush like a lip brush. Transfer the poduct to your bottom lash concentrating at the roots. Apply more pressure to the roots and less as you move towards the tips. Be careful not to get the mascara product into your eye as this can be very irritating an uncomfortable

Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by bedivine: 1:39pm On Sep 20, 2012
If you've got a semi-permanent makeup on you like tattooed brows and permanent lipsticks you might want to use sunscreen over it from time to time so that the makeup doesn't fade or change colour. Remember the higher the SPF content in your sunscreen the more protection you get from UVA/UVB radiation.
Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by Onegai(f): 6:14am On Sep 21, 2012
Beauty Tip: when applying eyeliner, raise your head and look down, because you want your eyes half-closed. Use your 4th finger to gently pull the outer edge of your eye and make a line in short strokes. This will ensure that the eyeliner sits right on the bottom of the lashes, and look smooth.

www.naijapretty..com
Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by Onegai(f): 6:17am On Sep 21, 2012
Beauty Tip: pink and purple is sooo in fashion right now, but it's a trend, and you shouldn't spend too much on it. For light skinned girls, Miss Rose lipstick in 20 (black container) and dark skinned girls can wear Wet n Wild lipstick in 521A. Both are purply-pinks with good pigmentation and wearable day and night and best, under N500. Also check out Island Beauty lipstick in Violet Orchid. For more expensive brands, try MAC Girl about town, N3700, Revlon Moondrops lipstick in Watermelon N2500 and Khuraira Cosmetics BabyDoll (price upon request).

www.naijapretty.com
Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by bedivine: 10:23am On Sep 21, 2012
Onegai: Beauty Tip: pink and purple is sooo in fashion right now, but it's a trend, and you shouldn't spend too much on it. For light skinned girls, Miss Rose lipstick in 20 (black container) and dark skinned girls can wear Wet n Wild lipstick in 521A. Both are purply-pinks with good pigmentation and wearable day and night and best, under N500. Also check out Island Beauty lipstick in Violet Orchid. For more expensive brands, try MAC Girl about town, N3700, Revlon Moondrops lipstick in Watermelon N2500 and Khuraira Cosmetics BabyDoll (price upon request).

Love this one. Thanks @onegai. Ladies I'm all for pink and purple as well. Infact that's what I'm wearing right now in celebration of TGIF!!! (Whoohoo!!!) You can bring the colours in with accessories like cocktail rings and bold earrings if you don't feel comfortable investing in the trend entirely
Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by bedivine: 10:32am On Sep 21, 2012
When taking out your semi-permanent lash extensions try not to force them out so you don't lose your natural lashes. Instead try rubbing in a dash of baby oil or olive oil onto the lash so that the glue weakens and separates from the lash. Leave the oil on for about 15-30 mins and using your fingers or cotton bud keep rubbing the lashes till they start to come off on their own. With this, there is no way you will lose even a strand of lashes.

If you'd like to fix semi-permanent lashes or take them out feel free to get in touch

08186479719 or beautydivine.ng@gmail.com

Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by bedivine: 10:49am On Sep 21, 2012
What is a BB cream and why do you need one?

Also known as beauty creams in the western world but with origins from Korea and Japan, BB creams are promoted as an all-in-one facial cosmetic product to replace serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock. It can be worn on it's own, as a tinted moisturizer, over serum and moisturizer as a regular foundation, and under powder, depending on the desired amount of coverage. BB creams are the IT beauty products because they come as heavy serious multi-taskers.

Don't know where to get your BB cream? The Body Shop All-in-one BB cream that's purrrrrrfect for all skin types. I love it because it transforms from a white cream to suit ANY skin tone. Pigment-filled capsules burst when applied to the skin, releasing the colour inside. All you need to do is blend for a perfect match and an even, undetectable finish. It's makeup and skin care in one and you can choose to go without foundation if you please. Below are just a few of the qualities I enjoy from this BB cream. Makeup artists take note, this will create a flawless look on your client

-Adapts to your skin tone
-Light to medium coverage
-Even finish
-24-hour hydration
-Non-clogging

Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by bedivine: 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2012
Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by bedivine: 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2012
Hi guys, hope everyone had a great weekend?

Today's tip is on how to create the perfect foundation base...

Choosing the right foundation :
1. Test dark and light foundation colours nearest to your complexion at the side of your jawline
2. Take a look in natural daylight as this will help show if you need to use a lighter or darker shade

Applying foundation for the perfect base:
1. Apply foundation with a sponge or brush (never fingers) to help give a flawless finish
2. Start to brush foundation from the nose outwards and into the hair line
3. Layer and build up to the desired coverage you want rather than coating the bush heavily with product in one go
4. Set foundation with matching brown powder or translucent powder

1 Like

Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by bedivine: 2:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
Happy Independence Nigeria!!!

Enjoy up to 50% off your The Body Shop order

50% off when you buy 8 products
40% off when you buy 6 products
30% off when you buy 4 products
20% off when you buy 2 products

Plus, FREE standard delivery on all Abuja orders

This offer is valid till 4pm 1st October 2012

Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by bedivine: 1:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
Cheap doesn't always mean fake...

If you can afford the MACs and Estee Lauders of beauty, there are smaller brands that pack a punch in their beauty products. When cheap is a problem is when you have to question if it's original, don't you think?
Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by bedivine: 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2012
Brushes are useful. And you can use them in more ways than just the purpose they’re usually marketed for, because who says that a blush brush can only be used to apply blush? Hogwash! A brush is just a tool, right? And like any tool, it can be used for different things.

Think of your brushes as tools, and look for new and different ways to use them.

When I started really getting into makeup, I also started investing in brushes. I did my research and picked up the best brushes I could afford, only using them according to each brush’s official description. Eyeliner brushes for liner, blending brushes for blending, and so on like that. It never occurred to me to use my brushes for more than their designated tasks…

Until it finally did. Now, I use a single brush for more than one purpose.
Play with your brushes, because you never know when you’ll find one that excels at doing something it wasn’t originally designed to do.

Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by bedivine: 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2012
Finding your perfect foundation for women of colour:

For many women of color, shopping for foundation is a challenge. Even with new brands meant to appeal to a wider range of consumers, the wealth of options can be difficult to sort through in order to find that perfect match.

But don't let that discourage you. While it probably won't ever be as simple as glancing at the shades on a display (for any woman), hopefully it gets much easier with a better understanding of these four steps.

Step #1: Decide What You Want Your Foundation to Do

Before you even start seeking out the ideal shade, think about what you want your foundation to accomplish. Are you interested in evening out your skin tone or do you want a product that can camouflage acne, hyperpigmentation or scars?

Full-coverage foundations can conceal blemishes and can be used all over the face or for spot coverage. If you are interested in a product that offers medium coverage, a cream foundation is most ideal. Tinted moisturisers and bBB creams can provide sheer coverage, but a watery formula can also deliver the look of natural skin that shines from within.

Step #2: Figure Out Your Undertone

Knowing whether you're light-skinned, dark-skinned or smack dab between the two is only half the battle in deciding which foundation shade will look best on you. Your undertone—defined as the temperature of the underlying colour beneath your skin—is equally as important.

Think about it. Have you ever worn a foundation that seemed like a perfect match in the bottle, but appeared more like a mask on your skin? That means you purchased a foundation in the wrong undertone. For women of colour, this can often be an issue as many foundation lines are formulated for those with warm undertones, when a vast majority actually have cool undertones.

To determine your undertone, take a look at the veins in your wrist and forearm. If they're blue, you're most likely cool and should seek out a foundation with a pink cast. If they're green, you're probably warm and should focus on a foundation with an olive or golden hue.

Step #3: Perform a Swatch Test

The very best way to find your second-skin foundation shade is to pinpoint three or four shades that look like they'd be a match and try them out. Swipe each on your cheek and along your jawline. These areas are ideal because they're basically wide-open spaces where you can really see if the colour truly works. Plus, you can test several shades against each other to see which one actually blends in perfectly.

To perform a swatch text, you should always go shopping for foundations wearing no makeup. If you're wearing makeup, apply your sample colors onto your collarbone. You can tilt your head down to see how the colour matches your face and see how natural it looks against your neck.

When choosing a foundation shade, never sample it on the back of your hands. If you look closely, you'll notice the skin in this area is slightly darker than the skin on your face. Testing the product where you'll be wearing the product is always best.

Keep in mind that you may go through several different brands before you find a few that complement your colouring.

Step #4: Wait It Out

When you think you may have found the right colour, wait five or ten minutes to allow it to warm up and settle into your skin. You'll know if it's wrong for you if it changes colours. It may oxidize into a darker shade, which will leave your skin looking dull and pallid. Or it may oxidize into a lighter hue, and come across as a bit gray and ashy.

Also, in-store artificial lighting isn't great for reading colors. Step outside into natural light for a better look. If the foundation color has blended beautifully into your complexion and is virtually undetectable, congratulations. You've finally found your perfect match.

1 Like

Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by bedivine: 8:48am On Oct 11, 2012
HD cameras have completely changed the game for YouTubers, TV personalities and makeup artists alike and I have been genuinely surprised at how different makeup application is for the small screen.

While the goal used to be to layer (and layer and layer) makeup to achieve a flawless look on television, nowadays it is the exact opposite. In fact, less is more. Makeup for video is all about blending and using softer, more muted colors because, trust me, the cameras are picking up everything!

Here are some tips to get you started on a pore-perfect journey to HD.

Do:

Use a primer, like The Body Shop Skin Primer, before foundation to prevent makeup from settling into the lines on your face.
Use a concealer that is illuminating and one shade lighter than your skin tone.
Use a foundation that provides sheer coverage while reducing the appearance of shine. Try MaryKay Mattifying Foundation. Apply with a brush or sponge for a more natural finish.
Use a translucent or oil absorbing powder that's talc free. Why? Talc reflects light, giving a chalky finish.

Don't:

Use too much shimmer on your brow bones. Too much shine can make them look bigger than normal.
Use anything with a waxy finish on your brows. Rather, use a brow powder, focusing the shading throughout the center of your brows.
Use too much powder on your face. Only powder parts of your face (the T-zone) that may get shiny, and powder those areas sparingly.
Over contour or over highlight. Blend all colors for a subtle and natural look, as each color will be enhanced through an HD camera.
If you’re looking to splurge on an item, you’ve GOT to try using an airbrush applicator, like Luminess Air (Available at Beauty Divine Makeup Studio- 08186479719)

What are your secrets for looking great on camera?
Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by Pinkblee: 8:29pm On Dec 10, 2012
Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by bedivine: 6:45am On Mar 21, 2013
Hey guys. I know its been a while since I last shared beauty tricks but here's one I love so much I shout from the rooftops all the time....

Whenever I'm almost out of mascara (I'm a mascara addict, yes) or my mascara is drying out or just simply needs a wakeup call, I place it under running hot water for about 5mins before using it. And trust me, you won't beleive how much product will come off on your wand. Mascaras are my go-to beauty items for eyes that pop. So the next time you think of tossing your mascara in the bin before it's completely empty, run it under hot water and see what's left first.

Don't forget to find me on facebook or twitter for more updates.xx
Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by Sleekjd(f): 12:29am On Mar 22, 2013
Thanks for the tips! I admire your indepth knowledge about beauty. I really love ur web page n body shop product. Ermmm, one of these days I would switch to d products. *smiles*
Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by bedivine: 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
Sleekjd: Thanks for the tips! I admire your indepth knowledge about beauty. I really love ur web page n body shop product. Ermmm, one of these days I would switch to d products. *smiles*

You are most welcome Sleeekjd. *smiling back* anytime you are ready for the switch I'll be here smiley
Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by chachabae(f): 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2017
A perfect touch of bronzing pearls gives that little extra of terracota shade which provides natural glow, beautiful radiance for everyday look......
Giordani Bronzing Pearls is one of our most sought out product.

Place your orders today
Distributors needed nationwide.

Re: Love Beauty? Read Up For Makeup Tips by prdeal: 2:16pm On Apr 28, 2018
For more make up and beauty tips, connect with us at https://mbeautystudio.com

(1) (Reply)

Vitamins For Very Long Hair / Wholesale Trendy Wears For Females In Lagos / A Fashion Outfit Targeting The Corporate World (Leo And Levi Clothing's)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.