Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Visual Studio Or Java?! Which Is Your Favourite - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Visual Studio Or Java?! Which Is Your Favourite (986 Views)

How To Make Money From Developing Software Using Vb Or Java / C++ Or Java: Which Way To Go? / Java Server Pages (jsp) Or Java Server Face(jsf Which Path To Trend? ? ? ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Visual Studio Or Java?! Which Is Your Favourite by powerblaze(m): 3:26am On Jan 13, 2008
Hi Nairalanders. i'm a software engineer. I used to like visual studio(which I still do), but I switched to java and I really don' tthink i'll be coming back to Visual Studio. The power bestowesd on Java is awesome. I still find the codes kinda crazy, but It seems to work for me. The only drawback to me was that while Visual Studio is sole to Microsoft, Java is virtually open, so there are several IDEs like Netbeans, Jbuilder and co to workd with, and none are compatible with each other.
Well, thats my introductory view. Who's next?
Re: Visual Studio Or Java?! Which Is Your Favourite by tomX1(m): 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2008
Have you heard of "Visual J++"? It's a part of visual studio. There are many languages in visual studio so is your problem with the visual studio development environment or is it with the language you used in there?
Re: Visual Studio Or Java?! Which Is Your Favourite by powerblaze(m): 1:09am On Jan 14, 2008
its not like i don't like visual studio. Actually i made use of c# which is the most popular. Besides, high security organisations and corporate companies use mainly java, while low budget companies make do with vs. Visual studio has the natural forced support, since its owners have the most sought after OS.
I have several articles to backup these issues. Java can boast of over a decade in terms of experience over vs, but what visual studio has accomplished within five years is awesome.
People naturally tend to go after vs due to its simplicity and user friendly approach. Its an ideal tool, usually endeared by less-skilled programmers.
The technicallity of java can be a nightmare for many programmers, but once you find your way around you become addicted.
More to come,

(1) (Reply)

Rapidcreator - Sap User Performance Enhancement Tool / It's The Samsung Developer's Challenge-prudent Student's Companion / I Cant Believe This All Android Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.