Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking (3483 Views)

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband / Check Out My Son @1 / Can I Stop My Wife From Wearing Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking by ToniaLee(f): 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2012
My 1 year and 7 months son has this terrible habit of sucking while putting his hands into someone`s armpit.I have tried severally to stop him.But he just wont stop and i fear it is beginning to affect the shape of his mouth.What can i do to stop that habit? Thanks
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking by tobechi20(m): 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2012
Y dont u try rubin pepper on his hands or d particular finger.wen he atempts to suck,it wil b peperish he wil remuv his hand.dis shud hapen continuosly until he stop himself
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking by cantell(m): 2:07pm On Sep 20, 2012
Tonia Lee: My 1 year and 7 months son has this terrible habit of sucking while putting his hands into someone`s armpit.I have tried severally to stop him.But he just wont stop and i fear it is beginning to affect the shape of his mouth.What can i do to stop that habit? Thanks
It's part of growing up. He'll outgrow it with time.
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking by maclatunji: 4:46pm On Sep 20, 2012
Tap! Tap!! Tap!!! on the child's hand. Repeat treatment until desired change is achieved.
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking by mengi: 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2012
just like tobechi said, he will out grow the habit. relax.
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking by Ivynwa(f): 6:54pm On Sep 20, 2012
Some outgrow those childhood sucking while some don't.
The one that needs to be stopped fast is the putting hands in another person's armpit, I am sure if his hands are removed whenever he does that with a look of disapproval that he may realize that "mummy doesn't like it when I do that". You didn't really state whether it is his thumbs he sucks or just sucking his tongue but then some children stop that if great efforts were made to stop them by their parents and some don't.
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking by Johndoe100(m): 9:14pm On Sep 20, 2012
Ivynwa: Some outgrow those childhood sucking while some don't.
The one that needs to be stopped fast is the putting hands in another person's armpit, I am sure if his hands are removed whenever he does that with a look of disapproval that he may realize that "mummy doesn't like it when I do that". You didn't really state whether it is his thumbs he sucks or just sucking his tongue but then some children stop that if great efforts were made to stop them by their parents and some don't.

Where do you get your "experience" from?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking by slimyem: 10:42pm On Sep 20, 2012
i don't subscribe to the use of pepper on the child's fingers because he/she could choke on it..
However,there's the option of bitter-leaf plant as substitute.its not harmful in any way.
Above all...the child has to be made to understand that those habits are not welcome by continuously and constantly removing his hands from his mouth and off anyone's armpits when he does them..
He'll outgrow the habits in time too.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
Tie the hand with a socks but not to tight
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
Tie the hand with a socks but not to tight,I pray he outgrows it on time.my marries cousine still does it to this wife @ night
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
Tie the hand with a socks but not to tight,I pray he outgrows it on time.my married cousin still does it to this wife @ night
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking by weaseloo: 1:32am On Sep 23, 2012
Bitter leaf, works like magic.
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking by Biggyd2: 12:35pm On Sep 23, 2012
Some outgrow it but if not checked some carry over this sucking thing up to university!

(1) (Reply)

Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate / Igbo People Is This True?! / Ladies Flat Shoes @ #3500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.