Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,499 members, 7,958,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:09 PM

Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate (3589 Views)

Things That Bring About Failure In Today's Marriage. / What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? / Getting Married To Your Age mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2014
[size=13pt]Five Things That Are Most Important To Me In A Future Mate[/size]
By Mandy Hale ('The Single Woman')

I’ll keep this short and sweet today to get it in just under the wire. I’ve always said that I want to find a man who 1) Loves God and 2) Loves to dance. My thinking behind that is that the man who I choose to spend my life with obviously has to love God first and foremost…and not just believe in Him or show up to church on Christmas and Easter…but to actually have a REAL, authentic, living, breathing relationship with Him. Because if he truly loves God and longs to serve Him as I do, that takes care of all the other biggies like loyalty, honesty, faithfulness, respect, kindness, etc. etc.

And the reason I would love to one day marry a man who loves to dance is because whether he dances like Derek Hough or does the White Man Snap, Shuffle, & Lip Bite…chances are if he loves to dance, he’s fun, lighthearted, and doesn’t take himself too seriously. Plus, I just really love to dance. I think even if I met a man who was the worst dancer in the world; if he was willing to get out on a dance floor and break it down anyway, that would absolutely steal my heart!

Because today’s question asks for the top five qualities I look for in a future mate, I’ll go ahead and flesh out the rest of the list:
1) Loves God
2) Loves to dance
3) Has a creative outlet (This is SUPER important to me. I don’t care if it’s painting, dancing, writing, singing, producing, photography, etc. – because I am such a lover of creativity, I would have a hard time relating to someone who doesn’t have a passion for the arts in some way, shape or form.)
4) Makes me laugh
5) If he’s a book/movie nerd like me – that’s a MAJOR bonus!

Most of all, though…I just want to find my “person.” The one who GETS me. The one who when he takes my hand for the first time, it will feel like two pieces of a puzzle clicking together. I know I have a great destiny (as do all of you), but I truly believe that whoever I am meant to be with will make it greater. He’ll make ME greater. Just as I’ll make him greater. He won’t complete me…but complement me in the best possible ways. Call me a naïve, hopeless romantic, but I do believe in soulmates. I believe I have one somewhere. And all I can really do is trust God to bring him across my path when I’m most ready for him…

What are the top five qualities you would look out for in a future mate?

Day 8-Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate
30-Day Blogging Challenge Archives
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
E be like JAMB qweshion! grin
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
Some beautiful responses from women all over the world...

“I have non-negotiable traits before I entertain any suitor
He has to be God-fearing (sub-trait: he knows how to recite the rosary)
2. He must have no vices.
3. He must be responsible and and kind.
4. He must have a decent and stable job.”

“I know what I want from a man:
1- Family Oriented
2- Patient and Kind
3- Honest and Loyal
4- Makes me laugh
5- Spontaneous and loves to travel
I could go on and on forever about what I want from a man, I know we all could. But at this point it is about making ME a priority and hoping I meet a man who can handle that.”

“If I were looking for a husband, I would want him to:
1)
Love God MORE than I do.
2) Be compassionate and forgiving towards me and others.
3) Be a good provider. (Not making 6 figures, but having a sense of passion for whatever he chooses as his line of work.)
4) Be protective. (I absolutely LOVE when a man cares more about you more than his own life!)
5) A sweet, sincere smile! ”

“1.
A man from my Father’s clan i.e He loves God and He is known by God
2. A man of standing
3. Generous to breathtaking proportion
4.Intergrity..keep and protects me in the dark
5.Pay the full price to have me”

“1.)
loves God with all his heart,mind, and soul
2.) Loves to workout because fitness is my Passion
3.)Creative
4.) Adventurous and loves to travel
5.) Makes for laugh hysterically”

“My Perfect Guys.. Love God first… His family, then his job. Can make me laugh, loves to live….”

“He must
Love God, with all his heart, it takes a man that loves God to love a woman totally. And actually Love as christ loves the church.
2.Be honest and disciplined
3. Have d ability to communicate well
4. Fun loving
5.Have good listening skills”

“1.
Love God
2. Great sense of humor
3. Into the outdoors
4. Respect me (date me exclusively)
5. Smell and look good” 
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
More...

“1. God-fearing.
2. “My person” & I should also be “his person”. Which means an out of this world connection.
3. Intelligent.
4. Funny. I think this goes hand in hand with being spontaneous and having an edge.
5. Mutual attraction. I think it’s important for both of us to be insanely attracted to each other, both physically and personality-wise. It would keep the realationship going.
I had to add a sixth requirement because it’s soo important to me. He HAS to be SLOW TO ANGER. If there was 1.5 before going to no.2, then this would be it for me. I pray that we all get this qualities in our future men until then, we celebrate being single! Woo-hoo.”

“1.
Loves God
2. Consistent
3. Repectful
4. Driven- Has goals and a leader
5. Sense of humor”

“Mine would be
1-
Love for God
2. Makes time for the relationship, is an honest communicator
3. Loves to make me smile
4. Loves to dance
5. Family oriented.
Not necessarily in that order”

“1. Makes me a priority
2. Committed to our relationship
3. Loyal
4. Works hard at chosen career
5. Would be a good father.”
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2014
Some more...

“Well I actually have a list of about 150 things .. haha.. but i have narrowed it down to exactly five things
He has to be a christian and goes to church on a regular basis and loves the lord and is willing to serve him
2. he has to have a great personality
3 he has to have a great sense of humor
4. he has to have a good education .. i am not as harsh on this one as i was, but education is a good thing to have
5. he has to be clean cut – i am not into guys with tattoos, piercings, and the like .. i like someone that is pretty clean”

“1)
Someone who is spiritual
2) Family oriented (HUGE family and I love every single one of them <3 )
3) Has to be their own person (this would cover everything from being able to make up their own mind and not letting anyone else influence them.)
4) Confident
5) Completely and utterly but so sweetly flawed but mine and mine alone”

“1)
Loves God. A man after God’s own heart. With this, everything else will fall in line.
2) smart. I love a well dressed man who smells nice!
3) Family oriented. Someone who’s willing to join my family and also start a family with me. He should also have a relationship with his family.
4) Funny and Understanding. A guy who will find my twisted sense of humor amusing.
5) Adventurous”

“Five things that are important to me in a future mate:
Someone who believes in a higher being which is God.
2. Someone that is spontaneous/adventurous, i love to do things at the spare of the moment and i love to travel.
3. Family oriented, family means everything to me, i have the closest relationship with my family and to have someone that shares the same values as i do on family is a plus.
4. Ambitious, I love someone with a drive an wants to keep climbing an not stop.
5.Understanding.”

“1)
(Definitely) Believe in the Holy trinity, and with it a love for God & commitment to Him (okay that can count as more than one, but oh well)
2)Able to cook (nothing fancy necessarily, but at least a few basic meals)
3) Love for healthy living
4) Respect & sympathy for other people
5) Patience (maybe he could help me, cos’ my patience level is not that great)”
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2014
smiley
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Talon05: 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
theLORDreigns:
E be like JAMB qweshion! grin
Are those the qualities you want in a man or Mandy Hale's?
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
Talon05:

Are those the qualities you want in a man or Mandy Hale's?

That's Mandy Hales'. Mine is...coming up. smiley
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Talon05: 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2014
theLORDreigns:

That's Mandy Hales'. Mine is...coming up. smiley
Dont take too long, I'll be waiting lool.

1 Like

Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 16, 2014
#singing#
I'm gonna marry her anyway
(Marry that girl) Marry her anyway
(Marry that girl) Yeah no matter what you say
(Marry that girl) And we'll be a family
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
^^^^^
*dancing & singing along with Zeemoore* (marry that girl, marry her anyway) LOL grin kiss kiss

What's on your list?
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2014
theLORDreigns:
^^^^^
*dancing & singing along with Zeemoore* (marry that girl, marry her anyway) LOL grin kiss kiss

What's on your list?
List, what list?

I didn't read that "letter to the corintians"
I have a phobia for "epistles"

I just came in to share the song I've been jamming all day

Tell me, what's the thread about? cheesy grin
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 16, 2014
zeemoore:

List, what list?

Heeheehee...upon all my creative art skills... grin

What top five qualities must crackhaus possess to become your Mr. Right? tongue cheesy
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by crackhaus: 6:17pm On Oct 16, 2014
zeemoore:

List, what list?

So it's today you heard the song for the first time huh? You're so not updated grintongue
I've had it on my ringtone for almost two months.
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
theLORDreigns:

Heeheehee...upon all my creative art skills... grin

What top five qualities must crackhaus possess to become your Mr. Right? tongue cheesy
Oh, my dear, you never cease to amaze me
You still on with the fast?
grin
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 16, 2014
crackhaus:

So it's today you heard the song for the first time huh? You're so not updated grintongue
I've had it on my ringtone for almost two months.
You are as sharp and intelligent as they come
So you saw the part where I wrote " I heard the song for the first time today" ?
I thought no one would see it grin

Anywayz, I was hearing Nasri's voice in my head, so I had to put "rude" on repeat
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 16, 2014
zeemoore:

Oh, my dear, you never cease to amaze me
You still on with the fast?
grin

What gave me away...? embarassed tongue grin
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 16, 2014
theLORDreigns:

What gave me away...? embarassed tongue grin
The mumbo-jumbo up there did tongue

Won't you thank me for derailing your thread?
grin
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
zeemoore:

The mumbo-jumbo up there did tongue

Won't you thank me for derailing your thread?
grin

Zeemoore!!! Oya comot for here joor, make I see road pass! angry

In fact, mi o ba e shere mo, ma gbe keke e lo! Final! grin grin tongue
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by adebayour26: 9:32am On Oct 17, 2014
Good desires...tell it to God

....but all these in just one man?
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by crackhaus: 9:43am On Oct 17, 2014
zeemoore:

You are as sharp and intelligent as they come
So you saw the part where I wrote " I heard the song for the first time today" ?
I thought no one would see it grin

Anywayz, I was hearing Nasri's voice in my head, so I had to put "rude" on repeat

Lol...
Your sarcasm is cutting-edge.
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by UjSizzle(f): 10:29am On Oct 17, 2014
adebayour26:

It's just five things in one man. That's not too much, is it?
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 17, 2014
adebayour26:

Thanks... GOD is very aware of what I want need in a man. smiley

Just five for now. Too much? Nah. cool

How's the family sir?
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 17, 2014
UjSizzle:

It's just five things in one man. That's not too much, is it?

Exactly. Thanks dear! smiley
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
Is this how you treat a friend? angry
theLORDreigns:

Zeemoore!!! Oya comot for here joor, make I see road pass! angry

In fact, mi o ba e shere mo, ma gbe keke e lo! Final! grin grin tongue

I just went through the whole post and the "narrowed five things" you want in a man got me laughing
By 5, I guess you meant 25 grin
How long did it take you to come up with the "narrowed list"?
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
crackhaus:

Lol...
Your sarcasm is cutting-edge.
Clearly, my smart-assyness isn't wasted
I thought the sarcasm would fly right over your head like a scud missile
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by crackhaus: 1:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
zeemoore:

Clearly, my smart-assyness isn't wasted
I thought the sarcasm would fly right over your head like a scud missile
It almost did, then I realized it was zeemoore who paid me a compliment...such things are hard for you to muster grin
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by adebayour26: 2:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
theLORDreigns:

Thanks... GOD is very aware of what I want need in a man. smiley

Just five for now. Too much? Nah. cool

How's the family sir?
Family is doing great. It's been awhile.
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
Everyone deserves to hear/see a compliment that makes them blush grin
crackhaus:

It almost did, then I realized it was zeemoore who paid me a compliment...
That's because my compliments fall on deaf ears
such things are hard for you to muster grin
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2014
zeemoore:
Is this how you treat a friend? angry

Awww! embarassed Ma binu ore mi... *grabs her and plants kisses all over her pretty face* kiss kiss kiss kiss

I just went through the whole post and the "narrowed five things" you want in a man got me laughing
By 5, I guess you meant 25 grin
How long did it take you to come up with the "narrowed list"?

That was Mandy Hale's top five (or 25 wink, lol)...I've not come up with mine yet.

I'm certain my list is going to contain 'a genuine SPIRIT-filled lover of GOD' as no1, 'highly intelligent, good judgement' would be no2, but I haven't figured out how to prioritize the other qualities...'openheartedness, unrestraint', 'integrity', 'ambitious hard-worker'...& so much more.
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 17, 2014
adebayour26:

Family is doing great. It's been awhile.

Good to hear. Yes it has. smiley
Re: Five Things That Are Most Important To You In A Future Mate by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
crackhaus:

It almost did, then I realized it was zeemoore who paid me a compliment...such things are hard for you to muster grin

Do you have a list @topic? What's on it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband / Enugu Govt. Denies Report On Alleged Stoppage Of Issuance Of Birth Certificates / Post Pregnancy Stretch Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.