Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Your View On Islamic Laws Being Imposed To Non Islamic Countries - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Your View On Islamic Laws Being Imposed To Non Islamic Countries (896 Views)

Help Him With UTME Past Questions on Islamic Studies / A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective / Questions And Answers On Islamic Jurisprudence (fiqh) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your View On Islamic Laws Being Imposed To Non Islamic Countries by Skywalker5(m): 4:58pm On Sep 20, 2012
Hello Guys

I am not a Muslim and i got a reply from one of the moderators(maclatunji)to move this topic here.

i am just wondering what view most Muslims hold to this

Muslim migrate to other countries and they try to bring in sharia laws and convert the country to Islam. Is it bad for Muslims, Christians and atheist to co-exist? Countries like UK,USA,Australia are non-Muslims countries (i wont say christian) but they accept everyone. I mean Christian and atheist cant go to Iraq, Saudi Arabia or other Arab countries to try and convert them from their religion.

Also, there are strict laws in Arab countries like what you drink and clothes you wear. Why is it so hard to follow the laws of the countries they migrate to? I have heard of different view when Muslims says they are not governed by the laws of the country they migrate to? if that is so, why should i be governed by the law in Arab countries if i visit?

Also with all the recent problem happening where someone insulted islam and there was violence in almost every country where Muslims are. How do true Muslims see this? I mean Jesus has been talked about with negative press (davici code, recent publication that Jesus was married), you don't find Christians starting a rally talk less of protesting but once anything bad is said about Islam, there is a problem. Any reason for these? I know it hurts must it go that far?

Now i have a feeling the rest of the world will continue to take a piss at Muslims because they now know that any thing said about Islam or Muhammad, they will react, Now who do you think is winning? is it Islam or the people who are taking a piss?

i really want to hear your views on this
Re: Your View On Islamic Laws Being Imposed To Non Islamic Countries by LagosShia: 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2012
Sky-walker:
Hello Guys

I am not a Muslim and i got a reply from one of the moderators(maclatunji)to move this topic here.

i am just wondering what view most Muslims hold to this

Muslim migrate to other countries and they try to bring in sharia laws and convert the country to Islam. Is it bad for Muslims, Christians and atheist to co-exist? Countries like UK,USA,Australia are non-Muslims countries (i wont say christian) but they accept everyone. I mean Christian and atheist cant go to Iraq, Saudi Arabia or other Arab countries to try and convert them from their religion.
Every muslim is expected to obey the laws of the country hosting him.there is a fatwa from Ayatollah Ali Sistani on that.

Non-muslims are also expected to obey the laws muslim countries when they find themselves in those countries.

Preaching peaceful without compulsion is not prohibited in the countries you mentioned.

Ofcourse laws in muslim and non-muslim countries differ.different strokes for different folks.

In western countries muslims can both practice their religion and not infringe upon the rights of others based on the laws of the host country.

Also, there are strict laws in Arab countries like what you drink and clothes you wear. Why is it so hard to follow the laws of the countries they migrate to? I have heard of different view when Muslims says they are not governed by the laws of the country they migrate to? if that is so, why should i be governed by the law in Arab countries if i visit?
I have answered that in the first part.

Also with all the recent problem happening where someone insulted islam and there was violence in almost every country where Muslims are. How do true Muslims see this? I mean Jesus has been talked about with negative press (davici code, recent publication that Jesus was married), you don't find Christians starting a rally talk less of protesting but once anything bad is said about Islam, there is a problem. Any reason for these? I know it hurts must it go that far?
It is wrong to insult,defame,slander,provoke or offend religious symbols and deliberately wounding the sensitivities of people under the false excuse of "freedom of speech".

It is also wrong to respond violent.muslims mobs or call them thugs take law into their hands and that doesn't represent the teachings of Islam.

Now i have a feeling the rest of the world will continue to take a piss at Muslims because they now know that any thing said about Islam or Muhammad, they will react, Now who do you think is winning? is it Islam or the people who are taking a piss?

i really want to hear your views on this

Well I don't care if its becoming a game.I strongly believe people have the right to use all peaceful means and channels to protest and resist what offend them.
Re: Your View On Islamic Laws Being Imposed To Non Islamic Countries by Skywalker5(m): 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2012
Right look at this post
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3718799/London-suburb-put-under-Sharia-law.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019547/Anjem-Choudary-Islamic-extremists-set-Sharia-law-zones-UK-cities.html

Dont you think that they are trying to impose sharia law? Do you think this is too far or its acceptable?

Now you said peaceful protest? Most Muslims in different countries were protesting by the video done in the US. Dont you feel countries like France, Australia,UK that are nothing to do with this are Victims? i mean people were protesting in these countries, disturbing business activities of these countries. Do you think that is fair?

Now you said these violent protest is not part of the teaching of Islam. why is it that it has always been used anytime something negative is said about islam?
Re: Your View On Islamic Laws Being Imposed To Non Islamic Countries by LagosShia: 9:03pm On Sep 20, 2012
^
My dear friend,I gave an answer based on your questions.my answers are based on what Islam says and not on what muslims do or non-muslims think.I am not discussing or defending the behaviours of muslims.

I don't know how true those reports you gave links on are.but I seriously doubt what they're saying and I suspect islamophobia.

(1) (Reply)

The Biography Of Omar Ibn al-Khattab- By Sayyid Hossein al-Qazwini / The Greater The Hardship The Greater The Reward / Minding Manners (manners Of Joking)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.