Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,356 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Warning - Don't Upgrade Your Apple Mobile Devices To IOS 6, The New Maps Suck - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Warning - Don't Upgrade Your Apple Mobile Devices To IOS 6, The New Maps Suck (918 Views)

Don't Upgrade To Windows 10 On July 29 / 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps / Chinese Firms Exporting ‘torture Devices’ To Africa In Higher Frequency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Warning - Don't Upgrade Your Apple Mobile Devices To IOS 6, The New Maps Suck by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 20, 2012
IOS 6 is now here, supposedly with over 200 upgrades including new Maps by Apple (Google Maps was ditched) featuring turn by turn navigation. I rushed to upgrade my IPad 2 yesterday but now wish I hadn't.

There's only one word to describe the new maps app- terrible. Now it can't give you directions to anywhere in Lagos. Of course no turn by turn navigation if it can't find route from point A to B. Apparently, it's not just the Nigeria maps that's messed up because the Internet is awash with complaints about the new maps.

If you use the Maps app, you sure don't want to upgrade. So pissed couldn't be bothered to check out the other changes they introduced. Is downgrading possible?
Re: Warning - Don't Upgrade Your Apple Mobile Devices To IOS 6, The New Maps Suck by nuelnuel: 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2012
Re: Warning - Don't Upgrade Your Apple Mobile Devices To IOS 6, The New Maps Suck by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 20, 2012
nuelnuel: You are right for more on the errors in the map software visit www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/stratforduponavon-is-missing-and-greenland-is-in-the-indian-ocean-apple-loses-its-way-with-maps-technology-for-iphone-5-8160622.html

Wish I had checked online for reviews before the upgrade. Now waiting for Google to release their Maps app for IOS, which will trounce the Apple one. If I was Google, I won't rush the release just to allow Apple get more and more bad reviews on their "world's most advanced mobile operating system".

What was their reason for dropping Google maps?

(1) (Reply)

Being First To Comment On A Tread/topic / Swallowed Fisherman Fighting His Way Out Of Shark / topic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.