Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,823 members, 7,824,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken (36361 Views)

Hausa Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken In Port Harcourt (photo) / Guy Caught Selling Soap As Phone In Lagos (see Photo) / Man Caught Selling Human Part In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by vowiski(m): 12:25am On Sep 21, 2012
Nemesis caught up with this young man as luck ran off his way when he was apprehended by residents of the Garden city, while trapping vultures with snuff in Onne, Port Harcourt.

The man from the North East region of Nigeria later confessed that wanted to use them as roasted chicken for his Suya business.

Man Caught Selling Vulture as Fried Chicken
Image Credit: Mason Okotie

He also claimed that he has been in this roasted vulture and suya business in Port Harcourt for a long time.

This is the height of man's irresponsibility, it is however advised to be careful with the kind of meat you send into your stomach as it might just be a vulture.

Source

1 Like

Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by auwal87(m): 12:27am On Sep 21, 2012
No comment

7 Likes

Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by Abagworo(m): 12:45am On Sep 21, 2012
This is like the 5th time I've heard of such story. One was once caught in Okrika.
Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by obowunmi(m): 1:00am On Sep 21, 2012
Thought vultures were witches.

1 Like

Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by niki6(f): 1:10am On Sep 21, 2012
Gosh....only God will save us o, who knws wat we put into our stomach everyday

1 Like

Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by wiegraf: 2:26am On Sep 21, 2012
em, is he naked? If so, why?

1 Like

Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by tpia5: 2:33am On Sep 21, 2012
why so many vultures in nigeria?

i was so surprised to see them in different parts of the country- never saw any while growing up.

1 Like

Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by dasparrow: 3:10am On Sep 21, 2012
tpia@:
why so many vultures in nigeria?

i was so surprised to see them in different parts of the country- never saw any while growing up.

I don't know. You should have asked the people while you were there. How are we suppose to know why vultures have seemingly all of a sudden made Nigeria their favourite destination?

@Post

Everyday is for the thief but one day is for the owner. If he cannot afford real beef for his suya business, then it is time to look for a different business venture. Also, this kind of scenario happens all over the world. Some Chinese take-out restaurants here in the United States have been caught serving different kinds of 'meat' to their customers. Truth of the matter is, you can only vouch for what you eat when you buy the ingredients yourself and cook the meal at home yourself. This is why it is a good idea that both men and women acquire culinary skills before they reach adulthood because if you depend on an outsider's cooking, you may just be getting more than you bargained for.

19 Likes

Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by polokor60(m): 3:33am On Sep 21, 2012
there are so many vultures in rivers and enugu state(from personal experience),there are also many persons that are into the business of selling roasted vultures in the place of chickens or turkeys.always eat fresh fish when you visit any city where there are visible vultures during the day because you might be eating vultures(zero to allstars hotels inclusive).naija we hail thee grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by tpia5: 3:39am On Sep 21, 2012
dasparrow:

I don't know. You should have asked the people while you were there. How are we suppose to know why vultures have seemingly all of a sudden made Nigeria their favourite destination?

i meant i was surprised to discover so many vultures across nigeria, when i eventually found out they're not a rarity there?

never saw a vulture before till i was grown.

and i gather nobody considers them unusual, in places where they're commonly found?
Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by dayokanu(m): 5:44am On Sep 21, 2012
Which is sweeter Vulture or Chicken

They say ENi ba je Igun ki ka odun
Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by nikkyshyne(f): 7:43am On Sep 21, 2012
Yikes! Yukes! Eeeeew!

1 Like

Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by SlyIg(f): 8:22am On Sep 21, 2012
Why all those hidden post!

1 Like

Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by djeezy(m): 8:40am On Sep 21, 2012
Tifiakwa, people and subterfuge. Nawao @what people can do for money.
Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by Tinyemeka(m): 8:41am On Sep 21, 2012
SlyIg: Why all those hidden post!

Probably Garri-based or tribally-offensive comments.

2 Likes

Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by Sijo01(f): 8:41am On Sep 21, 2012
Smh...... All in the name of making quick money!
Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by horlah005: 8:42am On Sep 21, 2012
Chai c dis wicked soul, he cn even sell a lion's meat as cow
Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by nikkyshyne(f): 8:42am On Sep 21, 2012
SlyIg: Why all those hidden post!
Tribalistic comments
Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by Vicjustice: 8:44am On Sep 21, 2012
[size=20pt]That man is evil.
It is generally risky to consume animals like Vultures as they themselves consume rotten animal carcases that carry bacteria and germs.
Now, his offence is not because he sells vultures, but rather because he deceived the public that he sells chicken, there would have been no offence had he publicly declared that he is a Vulture (meat) seller.
It is even more disturbing that this was done by a Hausa man, Muslims are known to be very clean with animal slaughter and consumption hence they would not touch animals that they consider "unclean".
But why would any body have the rights to open a food business, why is there no official regulation and control for this trade?[/size]

29 Likes

Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by Bolarge1(m): 8:45am On Sep 21, 2012
THAT IS WHY WE SHOULD ALWAYS PRAY BEFORE EATING OUR MEALS.

MAY GOD HELP US IN THIS COUNTRY.

WE HAVE SWALLOWED MANY THINGS, IF NO BE GOD MAN FOR DON PEME SEEN.

6 Likes

Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by freecocoa(f): 8:45am On Sep 21, 2012
Na wa o.

Things like this make me want to slap somebodyangry

2 Likes

Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by xtremeidea(m): 8:46am On Sep 21, 2012
[size=28pt]oh my gosh ! ! ![/size]
Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 21, 2012
polokor60: there are so many vultures in rivers and enugu state(from personal experience),there are also many persons that are into the business of selling roasted vultures in the place of chickens or turkeys.always eat fresh fish when you visit any city where there are visible vultures during the day because you might be eating vultures(zero to allstars hotels inclusive).naija we hail thee grin cheesy grin cheesy

what if U eat fresh fish in a stew/soup prepared with vulture meat? Its d same as eating d meat

5 Likes

Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 21, 2012
[size=14pt]What is the offense of this poor man meat no be meat He's no criminal jare, na only poor man dey suffer dis kain molestation for naija SMH[/size]

1 Like

Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by johnstar(m): 8:48am On Sep 21, 2012
Lip sealed sad sad, na 2 flog dis man go 2 sure pass cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Man Caught Selling Vulture As Fried Chicken by Excelboi(m): 8:48am On Sep 21, 2012
Gosh... That image irritates me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mercenaries From Offiong In Cross River Murder Many In Oku Iboku, Akwa Ibom / Robbers Kill Nars Supermarket's Pakistani Staff In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Dead Body Found Lying Inside Gutter Along Bank Road In Owerri (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.