Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Australian Open 2008 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Australian Open 2008 (4941 Views)

Tennis: Australian Open 2012 / Tennis: Australian Open 2011 / Australian Open 2009 - Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Australian Open 2008 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 14, 2008
30 more mins and i'm going to work. Troicki is up 4-2 second set.
I don tire for this qualifiers who wont just roll over and die. I think Nadal needs this test now rather than in the later rounds.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 14, 2008
Rafa's first serve percentages are below 50%, that is a problem.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by viee(f): 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2008
davidylan:

I don tire for this qualifiers who wont just roll over and die.

LOL

davidylan:

I think Nadal needs this test now rather than in the later rounds.

with this serve he cant stand much chance aganist better opponents
i hope he gets better as the tournament progresses
Re: Australian Open 2008 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 14, 2008
the old shot-making Rafa is back. 5-4 second set to Rafa.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 14, 2008
7-6, 7-5 Rafa. This game is in the bag already make i go shower.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by cooljoe(m): 3:59pm On Jan 14, 2008
The first grand slam of the year, and who dares to dare Roger. In the female category, I think Justin Henin will win, though I'd love Sharapova to win.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by lailai2(m): 7:24am On Jan 15, 2008
havent had time to watch the match-ups, how's djokovic doin?
Re: Australian Open 2008 by sirwebs(m): 9:47am On Jan 15, 2008
whats up with the Brits there no.1 is out already. I don't believe its going to be easy for Roger though.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by bioye(m): 10:17am On Jan 15, 2008
Federer, Henin? Dont agree.
I'll give the men's singles to Nadal. And I predict a Williams' final with Serena taking it!

Meanwhile, check out Davenport vs Sharapova and Safin vs Baghdatis (2006 AO finalist) in the 2nd round! What do you think? I'll give it to Davenport and Baghdatis.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by dayokanu(m): 10:27am On Jan 15, 2008
whats up with the Brits there no.1 is out already. I don't believe its going to be easy for Roger though.

The British Number one is out already in the 1st round That shows how good they are. I cant say which sport the English are actually good at they are nediocre at everything they do.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by bioye(m): 11:05am On Jan 15, 2008
8[/b]th seed [b]Venus Williams advances to the 2nd round beating Z.Yan 6-2, 7-5
Re: Australian Open 2008 by viee(f): 11:07am On Jan 15, 2008
bioye:

8[/b]th seed [b]Venus Williams advances to the 2nd round beating Z.Yan 6-2, 7-5

nice one Venus wink
wasnt an easy ride thou

bioye:

Meanwhile, check out Davenport vs Sharapova and Safin vs Baghdatis (2006 AO finalist) in the 2nd round! What do you think? I'll give it to Davenport and Baghdatis.

Sharapova/Davenport will be a good game, i think Sharapova will win thou
Safin/Baghdatis? undecided i will be partial cos i lik Baghdatis so i will give it to him
nice to expect some super powers playn in the second round

where is PDF,Ruddie et al?
come run commentaries guys! its time
erm erm. . . . what of Gonzales sef?

dayokanu:

The British Number one is out already in the 1st round That shows how good they are. I can't say which sport the English are actually good at they are nediocre at everything they do.

its all media hype!
the British is good at a creating a media superstart:d English football,rugby and cricket teams,Rickky Harton,Murray d list is endless angry
Re: Australian Open 2008 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 15, 2008
bioye:

Sharapova will beat Davenport . . . Baghdatis will beat Safin unless Safin comes out smoking like the Safin of 2005.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by lailai2(m): 12:20am On Jan 16, 2008
djokovic my man is through to d next round
venus was sexy, good win 4 her, thats why i love female tennis
hewitt also impressed
Re: Australian Open 2008 by bioye(m): 9:42am On Jan 16, 2008
Sharapova defeats Davenport in straight sets 6-1, 6-3! I guess you guys were right afterall. Congrats Maria!
Re: Australian Open 2008 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2008
Impressive form from the top seeds in the male draw. Nadal swept Florent Sera away 6-0, 6-2, 6-2. Federer is in awesome form . . . Nalbandian, Ferrer are also in top gear. This is making up to be one unpredictable AO.

Is anyone taking notice of one Jo Wilfried Tsonga?
Re: Australian Open 2008 by dayokanu(m): 11:00am On Jan 17, 2008
Safin vs Baghdatis is on,
Re: Australian Open 2008 by viee(f): 1:16pm On Jan 17, 2008
dayokanu:

Safin vs Baghdatis is on,

now thats what im talking about!
Safin is now beginn to make it look more like a game!
still think Baggy will win thou
nice game i gotta say
Re: Australian Open 2008 by viee(f): 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2008
dnt mind a 5th set here
Re: Australian Open 2008 by dinozzo(m): 1:52pm On Jan 17, 2008
whats up viee, long time. I really want Safin to win this game, Safin takes the fourth set 6-3.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by viee(f): 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2008
sup dino wink

really bin a while
howdy?
nah! im all for Marcos,
4-1, 5th set wink
Re: Australian Open 2008 by doyin13(m): 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2008
baghdatis takes it.

It breaks my heart to see Safin go down like this. Nadal might be the current threat to Federer
but Safin had the game to make the competition more interesting, and i believe he could if he
put his mind to it.

Flashes of brilliance but his temperament seems to be getting worse especially when he is behind.

NB***I came across a name i haven't heard in a while-----Henri Laconte pronounced La-----Cunt grin grin
Re: Australian Open 2008 by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 18, 2008
sad to see Safin lose again. Besides Federer i think he is the most naturally talented player out there if only he can be a bit more serious.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by viee(f): 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2008
Philipp Kohlschreiber/Andy Roddick
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
what a game!
in my opinion, d best game so far!
ha shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

seems to be an evening of ' how the mighty have fallen'
as Andy & Amelia take d exit

wow!
Re: Australian Open 2008 by dayokanu(m): 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2008
sad to see Safin lose again. Besides Federer i think he is the most naturally talented player out there if only he can be a bit more serious.

What do you mean by the quote in bold? He is not serious and he is that successful if he should be serious like you claim he would win Golf masters, Heavy weight boxing, Chess Olympiad, and Olympics 100meters among other titles
Re: Australian Open 2008 by JeSoul(f): 6:20pm On Jan 18, 2008
angry why can't Roddick win anymore? American tennis is just going down the drain. Blake is prob going to lose in the next rd too. He's always "close" but disappoints in the big moment.
  Anyways the FedExpress rolls on.
dayokanu:

What do you mean by the quote in bold? He is not serious and he is that successful if he should be serious like you claim he would win Golf masters, Heavy weight boxing, Chess Olympiad, and Olympics 100meters among other titles
yeah I know Federer is as serious about tennis as it gets. He will surpass Sampras' record and become the greatest ever.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 18, 2008
dayokanu:

Even the likes of Mikhail Youzhny and Davydenko all acknowledge the fact that Safin's offcourt attitude is what is affecting his game and that he has enough talent to beat anyone on his day.

viee:

seems to be an evening of ' how the mighty have fallen'
as Andy & Amelia take d exit

wow!

you're talking of "the mighty" and you add Andy Roddick's name? More like how are the pretenders exposed.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by doyin13(m): 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2008
It must be really distressing for Mauresmo to lose to a clearly inferior player.

Her opponent was clearly overmatched, but it seems Mauresmo's mental battles let her down once again.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by dinozzo(m): 2:18am On Jan 19, 2008
yeah she definitely has mind issues, She was just inconsistent. Any chance of her winning more majors, shes like how old now, 29?

On the men's part, the Roddick Kohlschreiber match is the best I've seen so far, only started watching it today though. That guy really played some good tennis.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by Nobody: 2:20am On Jan 19, 2008
One trick pony Roddick has been sent home boohoo! grin
Re: Australian Open 2008 by dinozzo(m): 2:22am On Jan 19, 2008
yeah you can say that again grin
Re: Australian Open 2008 by Nobody: 5:40am On Jan 19, 2008
and an unknown tsonga is the reveletion of this year.lets see howfar he'll go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yobo Wants More Foreign Pros In Eagles Defence / Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? / Ex-Enugu Rangers Player Hired Thugs To Beat Former Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.