Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Australian Open 2008 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Australian Open 2008 (4937 Views)

Tennis: Australian Open 2012 / Tennis: Australian Open 2011 / Australian Open 2009 - Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Australian Open 2008 by bioye(m): 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2008
@viee and prof ade,

I couldnt help laughing. Well, I guess you guys are seeing Venus as the underdog here. I was of the opposite opinion. Anyways, I really admire Tsonga (he's looking more and more like the reincarnation of Mohammed Ali to me). How lovely it would be for him to beat Federer in the finals.

Anyways, I wont make any predictions anymore. Let's just watch the drama as it unfolds.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by profade1(m): 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2008
Bioye,

But don't u just love this? I wish the men's draw would become less predictable.

Oh well, let's have fun.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by bioye(m): 2:05pm On Jan 22, 2008
Tsonga! Now, that's my man. Nadal, here he comes!
Re: Australian Open 2008 by doyin13(m): 2:12pm On Jan 22, 2008
I dont want to get too excited but I cant help it.

His forehand is just explosive and boy can he move.

He is great at the net, has a big first serve, and has a sliced backhand for defence.

I will see him against Nadal first to conclude, cause I think he could be his nemesis.

I think he will beat Federer or Djokovic if he goes through.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by A40(m): 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2008
That Tsonga boy is something else i am really feeling that underdog vibe of his and i want him to stop Federer for a change that guy has made male tennis boing with his dominance

Whats up with Serena i think she should really consider losing some weight.I am happy that witch (Henin) got booted out though so glad my baby momma whooped her ass
Re: Australian Open 2008 by Islander(f): 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2008
[size=14pt]Cumpleanos Feliz A-40, All the best[b][/b]. grin[/size]
Re: Australian Open 2008 by doyin13(m): 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2008
A-40:

That Tsonga boy is something else i am really feeling that underdog vibe of his and i want him to stop Federer for a change that guy has made male tennis boing with his dominance

Whats up with Serena i think she should really consider losing some weight.I am happy that witch (Henin) got booted out though so glad my baby momma whooped her ass

who be your baby mama? Sharapova

that dongoyaro grin
Re: Australian Open 2008 by A40(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2008
@Islander
Thanks a billion.You deserve a raise lol wink

@doyin
I wont have you talk about my wife like that
Re: Australian Open 2008 by DD5: 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2008
Serena is a disappointment! undecided

Tsonga will lose to Nadal . . . he is good but he will have his time at the top just not now. He's run is sadly over, much as i like him.

James will lose to Fedex . . . he doesnt have that mental strength to beat the master. It will be a Djokovic - Nadal final. Nadal to win in 5.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by RuuDie(m): 9:40pm On Jan 22, 2008
So sad 2 hear that Henin's out. . . . . Well, i can stomach her losing 2 sharapova. Rather that than 2 a williams!
Rooting 4 Nadal all d way!
Re: Australian Open 2008 by DD5: 4:49am On Jan 23, 2008
The william's sisters should retire before they become a complete disgrace. So slow and ponderous.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by profade1(m): 11:38am On Jan 23, 2008
I never thought I'd say this: But from now I'm rooting Sharapova all the way. She was particularly impressive in her demolition of Henin.

Meanwhile those Williams sisters? Very annoying. I'm sure they are both gravid, the way they have been playing.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by ndubest(m): 11:46am On Jan 23, 2008
Sharapova is in her best form at the moment

I hope she will be calm enough to take on Jelena

atimes pschological intimidation comes in when friends are on the court esp if they are use to each others game

Jelena vs sharapova semi is really the game to watch in the semis
Re: Australian Open 2008 by doyin13(m): 11:54am On Jan 23, 2008
ndubest:

Jelena vs sharapova semi is really the game to watch in the semis

Well that is stating the obvious isn't it. It is the no.3 v the no.5 seed after all

and D----D abi wetin be your name. . .please dont be dissing the Williams sisters o.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by ndubest(m): 1:02pm On Jan 23, 2008
The world male number one Roger Federre is already in the semis

He defeated James Blake in straight sets 7-5 7-6 6-4

I wonder who can stop the defending champion

Well, Novak Djokovic will give Federre run for his money in the semis cheesy cheesy
Re: Australian Open 2008 by RuuDie(m): 1:19pm On Jan 23, 2008
Hmmmmm. . . . . No yankee in the last 4 of both pools. Maybe they shld allow 'em have some EPO!!!
Re: Australian Open 2008 by ndubest(m): 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2008
Since the retirement of sampras the americans have not really grabbed the head lines in the world of tennis

agassi tried but couldnt stay on

the william sisters, i don't know what is their problem, whether na fashion abi na sport dey wan do cheesy cheesy

Powers in the world of tennis is now moving to the EAST grin grin
Re: Australian Open 2008 by romeo(m): 11:11am On Jan 24, 2008
Tsonga is fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's dealing with my NADAL right now embarassed cry
Re: Australian Open 2008 by bioye(m): 11:15am On Jan 24, 2008
I swear! Tsonga! Now, that's my man. smiley Why u dey cry? Aint you proud of our new Congolese Mohammed Ali? Let's hope Nadal does not stage a killer comeback!
Re: Australian Open 2008 by romeo(m): 11:46am On Jan 24, 2008
Tsonga in the finals!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Australian Open 2008 by bioye(m): 11:49am On Jan 24, 2008
Did you see that? Tsonga Muhammad Ali just whipped Nadal silly!  I need to celebrate this one.  Is this going to be a Tsonga - Federer final ?  Is Tsonga the Giant Killer going to destroy Federer at last?  Only time will tell.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by romeo(m): 11:50am On Jan 24, 2008
bioye:

I swear! Tsonga! Now, that's my man. smiley Why u dey cry? Aint you proud of our new Congolese Muhammad Ali? Let's hope Nadal does not stage a killer comeback!

The city where i am living is where Nadal is from, now you understand my pains?

But at the same time i am happy that an African is the man of the moment grin grin
Re: Australian Open 2008 by ricadelide(m): 11:54am On Jan 24, 2008
Now this tournament wasn't so bad after all. Tsonga does it in two, three and two. It definitely was worth waking up in the mid-morning.

Nadal can work on getting his game up on hardcourts with the other guys.

Now, is Djoko gonna be able to do that against FedEx?
Re: Australian Open 2008 by ndubest(m): 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2008
Tsonga,
this guy is definitely the new kid on the block

if you remember the rising of pete sampras and Federre then you will know that we are in the dawn of a new era

I hope he will not be over hyped and over excited
Re: Australian Open 2008 by doyindamus: 12:46pm On Jan 24, 2008
The world is this guys oyster o. He sure has all the tools to go all the way.

That forehand is a thing of beauty and if Nadal of all people can't do anything against that serve
I don't know who else can.

and did you see him at the net. His wingspan must rival that of shaquile o'neal. grin

And I used to think the brother was Polynesian cheesy
Re: Australian Open 2008 by JeSoul(f): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2008
Hurray!!! up Tsonga! down Nadal! those Capris are gone! thank God! grin
Re: Australian Open 2008 by RuuDie(m): 2:44pm On Jan 24, 2008
Y'all don't get overly xcited. . . . . I'm sad Nadal's out, but i also luv fairy-tale endings. But the only way this will end as 1 is if Fedex doesn't make it past Djoko cuz he's g'onna give our wunda-kid 1 helluva hiding if he sets foot on centre court come the finals.
Re: Australian Open 2008 by A40(m): 2:53pm On Jan 24, 2008
Tsonga Tsonga Tsonga Tsonga!!!!! This tournament na for you we are tired of Federer's iron fist on the male game lets see some underdogs win sometimes.Plus my baby momma is also in the finals it dont get no better
Re: Australian Open 2008 by romeo(m): 2:55pm On Jan 24, 2008
RuuDie:

Y'all don't get overly xcited. . . . . I'm sad Nadal's out, but i also love fairy-tale endings. But the only way this will end as 1 is if Fedex doesn't make it past Djoko because he's g'onna give our wunda-kid 1 helluva hiding if he sets foot on centre court come the finals.

I thought it was going to be like that with Nadal but he proved me wrong cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Australian Open 2008 by RuuDie(m): 3:06pm On Jan 24, 2008
Fed doesn't often lose a final & always seems 2 up his game @ that stage + i fear tsonga might just be a tad intimidated against fed than djoko. . . . . .
Re: Australian Open 2008 by ndubest(m): 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2008
This Tsonga guy resemble Muhammed Ali oooooooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy

do anybody know if they have any connection cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Australian Open 2008 by romeo(m): 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2008
ndubest:

This Tsonga guy resemble Muhammed Ali oooooooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy

do anybody know if they have any connection cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yes the only connection was the "Rumble In The Jungle" that was held in Zaire (now Congo) and the guys father being Congolese wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Make 50,000 Naira Weekly Through Sport Betting, Starting With 5000 Naira / Who Has Achieved More In Football? Kanu Nwanko Or Mikel Obi / Have You Ever Noticed That Ronaldo Stands On His Tippy Toes During Team Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.