Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,239 members, 7,839,263 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Read What Two Hip Hop Stars Dmx And The Game Had To Say About Christianity And S - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Read What Two Hip Hop Stars Dmx And The Game Had To Say About Christianity And S (983 Views)

Missing Person Found In Lagos!! Read What Happened To Him / What The Bible Has To Say About Ebola Virus & Its Solution / Wole Soyinka Wants All Religions Both Christianity And Islam To Be Eradicated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read What Two Hip Hop Stars Dmx And The Game Had To Say About Christianity And S by boxbonnie(m): 12:47am On Sep 22, 2012
This week I came across two quotes from two different mainstream rappers about faith and religion. They both have opposing opinions on what it means to be spiritual and have faith, so I want you guys to let me know who you believe. First is a quote from Compton rapper, The Game, about getting baptized and becoming a Christian, but still having ‘swag’. The second quote is from Yonkers rapper, DMX, who is actually an ordained deacon at the church he went to when he was younger. His testimony completely contradicts The Game’s viewpoint, however, I want you to read both quotes,.......................................

The Game, who titled his upcoming album “Jesus Piece” says, “I’m calling it ‘Jesus Piece’ ’cause last year in August I got baptized and so I’ve been going to church, but I still been kinda doing me out here. I still love the strip club and I still smoke and drink. I’m faithful to my family, so I wanted to make an album where you could love God and be of God, but still get it poppin’ in your life.”

He continues, “I’m a Christian but I’m not ‘holier than thou.’ You can still have swag and be a Christian, you ain’t gotta wear a suit to church, you ain’t gotta take a bath in Holy water,” the rapper told Vibe. “You can still have your Ciroc in the club, it’s just a faith thing and making sure you try to do right. I’m still a father, I still smoke, I still rep Compton, I still might shoot dice or have a fight if I have to defend myself.”

‘Jesus Piece’ gives me an opportunity to speak about situations that people like me who love God but are still street and still wanna remain themselves without going the Pastor Mase route,” the rapper said in the Vibe report. “It gives the opportunity to know that it’s somebody out there that feels them.”

Ok so now that you read that, here’s what DMX has to say about his faith, “I read the whole bible. I just been made a deacon at the church I used to go to… I would like my first sermon to be there or in Yonkers. The biggest step is not in the studying, reading, but the wanting to change the way you live. Wanting different things for yourself, and making that change because if you still want to drink and smoke, you could read as much as you want, that doesn’t mean you’re ready.”

His quote was short, simple and to the point. Also, check out DMX performing his Gospel single, “Keep Your Head Up”. Ok folks let’s hear what you have to say!

http://ugospel.com/poll-rappers-dmx-and-the-game-have-opposing-viewpoints-on-faith-and-religion-whos-more-accurate/

Re: Read What Two Hip Hop Stars Dmx And The Game Had To Say About Christianity And S by samsy5460(m): 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2012
You & God.. Awesome Conversation Me: God, can I ask You a question? God: Sure Me: Promise You won't get
mad ... ... ... ... God: I promise Me: Why did You let so much stuff
happen to me today? God: What do u mean? Me: Well, I woke up late God: Yes Me: My car took forever to start God: Okay Me: at lunch they made my sandwich
wrong & I had to wait God: Huummm Me: On the way home, my phone
went DEAD, just as I picked up a call God: All right Me: And on top of it all off, when I
got home ~I just want to soak my
feet in my new foot massager &
relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!!
Nothing went right today! Why did
You do that? God: Let me see, the death angel
was at your bed this morning & I
had to send one
of My Angels to battle him for your
life. I let you sleep through that Me (humbled): OH GOD: I didn't let your car start
because there was a drunk driver on
your route that would have hit you
if you were on the road. Me: (ashamed) God: The first person who made
your sandwich today was sick & I
didn't want you to catch what they
have, I knew you couldn't afford to
miss work. Me (embarrassed):Okay God: Your phone went dead bcuz
the person that was calling was
going to give false witness about
what you said on that call, I didn't
even let you talk to them so you
would be covered. Me (softly): I see God God: Oh and that foot massager, it
had a shortage that was going to
throw out all of the power in your
house tonight. I didn't think you
wanted to be in the dark. Me: I'm Sorry God God: Don't be sorry, just learn to
Trust Me.... in All things , the Good
& the bad. Me: I will trust You. God: And don't doubt that My plan
for your day is Always Better than
your plan. Me: I won't God. And let me just tell
you God, Thank You for Everything
today. God: You're welcome child. It was
just another day being your God and
I Love looking after My Children... REPOST if you Believe in HIM ♥

(1) (Reply)

From Nigeria Car Accidents With Love ( Enough Of The GEJ Rants ) / Decorative Asbestos/ceilings Production Secrets Exposed!!! / Christ Embassy Charges N10M From Each Parish To Celebrate Pastor Chris Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.