Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,529 members, 7,837,022 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

How Do I Backup My Emails Before Transfering To A New Host - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Backup My Emails Before Transfering To A New Host (1803 Views)

Help With Transfering Domain Away From MTN Registrar / Help How Do I Backup Mysql Database With This Code / Transfering Data's From Excel Into Mysql Database(php Guru's Please Help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Backup My Emails Before Transfering To A New Host by cmon(m): 11:01am On Jan 14, 2008
I am transferring my domain to a new host but I have troubles backing up my email.
Re: How Do I Backup My Emails Before Transfering To A New Host by syskay(m): 11:16am On Jan 14, 2008
The procedure depends on the kind of Control Panel you are using. Simply locate the backup Link in your control panel's menu, and then proceed to download a full backup of your website. Usually, all your emails will be included in the backup file.
Re: How Do I Backup My Emails Before Transfering To A New Host by cmon(m): 1:49pm On Jan 14, 2008
Thanks syskay, I actually thought of that but I needed clarification. Thanks again.
Re: How Do I Backup My Emails Before Transfering To A New Host by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 20, 2008
@skykay, you are correct about that. I will continue to from there. The backup will always include a copy of your emails if you are using cpanel. It will backup your site into an archive format [i think zip].
You can sometimes make use of the domain transfer resource which copies your site from your old to your new server including emails. This utility is usually in the whm cpanel [the reseller package of whoever sold the site to you], you can request that your webhost help you to transfer your files and email to a new server.

(1) (Reply)

How To Secure Your Website / Advertise Your Website/Blog With Professionally Designed FBook Fanpage!(*Pics*) / UK Week 12 Fixed Draws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.