Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,196 members, 7,860,295 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:04 AM

Why Is The Price Of Garri Going Up? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Is The Price Of Garri Going Up? (860 Views)

Price Of Garri Skyrockets Astronomically / The Price Of Garri / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Price Of Garri Going Up? by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 22, 2012
The market price of garri is ascending. I want to know the reasons behind this acceleration in price of the staple meal of the poor.

In my locality a 'painter' of garri sold for N250 1month ago, now it goes for N300 without room for bargain. I dont buy in cups so I do not know how many cups go for N100. I wasnt happy when i discovered this last week. It could cause ripple effects in the price of other food commodities.

Feel free to compare the price of this commodity in your locality(now and 1month ago) and see if it is peculiar to my area.

On G4 we stand.
Re: Why Is The Price Of Garri Going Up? by jammyunn(m): 11:10am On Sep 22, 2012
The price of beans also increased from 100 to between 260 and 300 per derica cup. God help us, I think it's better to buy in bags if one can afford it.
Re: Why Is The Price Of Garri Going Up? by babylahot(f): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
Beans 300per derica, garri(ijebu) 450 per paint.. Abeg wetin dem want make poor pple dey chop

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Price Of Garri Going Up? by bealuv(f): 10:03pm On Sep 29, 2012
1 derica ov beans sold 4 abou 200 sum 3wiks bak waz able to buy 4 180 nao its 300naira......1 "ike oda" ov garri 350 abou a month ago nao its btwn 380 n 400 naira
wen d poor kan no longa afford wat we kal d cheapest meal.....hmmmn...wich way Nigeria
Re: Why Is The Price Of Garri Going Up? by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 02, 2012
God help the poor.
Re: Why Is The Price Of Garri Going Up? by GARRIWARLORD(m): 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
A "painter" which was N250 now sells for N300... I don't really know what is happening to our dear garri? Garri pls get well soon okay....
Oya mods take this to front page sharp sharp!!!!!! If someone giving birth could make front page,why shouldn't what makes the masses happy make front page.....

(1) (Reply)

Waterfall Faucets For Tubs / Give us tips on cooking competition / Imaginary Meals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.