Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,044 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? (8739 Views)

How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted SD Card And Flash Drive / How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics / Nokia Introduces Solar Phone Charger In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by oweniwe(m): 7:06am On Dec 17, 2013
Good day to you all. .

I'll like to know if its possible to repair Original ( Nokia ) chargers burnt due to high generator voltage.

We use Lister Diesel Gen in the house every morning and night. . . To power ice cream freezers and bakery bread slicing equipment. . . So the Generator has to be tuned high. .

The result is that small electrical appliances like bulbs, phone chargers, DVD players,get burnt every now and then. An original nokia charges and a desktop charger got burnt this morning. . . Pls don.t tell me to use stabilizer coz even stabilizers get burnt.

There are so many burnt original nokia chargers in the house that i wonder if they can be repaired instead of forking out N1,000 to buy new genuine nokia charger every time

Abi. . Since its possible to repair burnt laptop chargers, then why not burnt phone chargers?

Your humble opinion and recommendations are highly solicited . . . Thanks
Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by oweniwe(m): 11:44am On Dec 17, 2013
Your opinion and views are highly welcome
Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by babaglo79: 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
very possible. by buying another one.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by oweniwe(m): 11:19am On Dec 18, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I'v bought another one o. . But when i count 8 burnt original nokia chargers (fake ones don.t last more than 3 days) under my wardrobe. . I just bite my finger
Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by psalmdave(m): 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
If at all u repair it,with your explanation,wont it get burnt again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by xtervaganza(m): 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
oweniwe: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I'v bought another one o. . But when i count 8 burnt original nokia chargers (fake ones don.t last more than 3 days) under my wardrobe. . I just bite my finger
sorry o....but who installed your generators? Something must be wrong with it to keep blowing up ur chargers
Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by oweniwe(m): 6:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
^^ ^^ the Generator is used to power 7 deep freezers used to cool ice cream and bakery bread slicing machines . . So the Gen can't be tuned low. On stabilizer, the needle is usually in the extreme end of 240V . . But since its Lister Gen, sometimes the power could surge above that
Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by femi4: 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
oweniwe: ^^ ^^ the Generator is used to power 7 deep freezers used to cool ice cream and bakery bread slicing machines . . So the Gen can't be tuned low. On stabilizer, the needle is usually in the extreme end of 240V . . But since its Lister Gen, sometimes the power could surge above that
Which kind analysis be this.
All Gen have their output rating based on their capabilities.

Raising your gen to any output above 220-240v range to serve you conviniently means you are forcing the gen to work abnormally and sure most gadjets without heating element will get burnt.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by oweniwe(m): 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
psalmdave: If at all u repair it,with your explanation,wont it get burnt again
by your analogy, so everyone whose TV, Laptop and. . . even cars. . get spoilt should go buy new ones ?

My laptop charger used to burn frequently too like that. . every 3-4 months. . I would buy a new charger for 5k . . I had replaced burnt laptop chargers over 7 times until a laptop repair guy in the shop i used to buy it from pitied me and offered to repair the burnt chargers for N500 each. .

Out of 7 burnt laptop chargers, 3 are now working again for just N1,500 . . I could have spent 5k buying a new charger.

Its the same with phone charger. . If it can be repaired, it won't cost more than N300 to repair. If i can repair 3 spoilt phone chargers for N900 instead of buying a new one for N1,000 , i'll be happy grin
Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by Gerardcole(m): 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2013
I guess there exists step down transformers?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by oweniwe(m): 8:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
^^ I'v thought about it. Used to use a small step down transformer before until one day, sparked wen i switched it on and all d appliances connected to it got fried. Since then, i'v been using a extension with a single watts wire strand in plug's fuse. . . So if the power gets too high, the wire strand in the fuse will cut . .

But sadly it doesn't protect against power surge. . .
Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by psalmdave(m): 9:33am On Dec 20, 2013
oweniwe: by your analogy, so everyone whose TV, Laptop and. . . even cars. . get spoilt should go buy new ones ?

My laptop charger used to burn frequently too like that. . every 3-4 months. . I would buy a new charger for 5k . . I had replaced burnt laptop chargers over 7 times until a laptop repair guy in the shop i used to buy it from pitied me and offered to repair the burnt chargers for N500 each. .

Out of 7 burnt laptop chargers, 3 are now working again for just N1,500 . . I could have spent 5k buying a new charger.

Its the same with phone charger. . If it can be repaired, it won't cost more than N300 to repair. If i can repair 3 spoilt phone chargers for N900 instead of buying a new one for N1,000 , i'll be happy grin
hmm......Whatever but i think u should do something about your power supply cos if not u are chasing shadows
Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by oweniwe(m): 11:55am On Dec 20, 2013
^^ nepa only brings light once in 3 days so i don't have choice than to use d gen
Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by DBlackCeazer(m): 3:37am On Feb 18, 2015
First off,your chargers can be fixed,but who would want to spend 1 hour on something worth less than a thousand naira.I know this cause I am a technician and ve attempted to fix chargers previously.
secondly,I think u should tackle the root cause by customizing a stepdown transformer,say from about 300v.a.c to 220v.a.c.the conventional ones are rated at 220v.a.c to 120v.a.c.
u would definitely fry them up if you use an input thats 10-20% above its rated voltage.cheers.
Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by Emeka71(m): 11:25am On Feb 18, 2015
The charger can be repaired only that most phone engineers will be reluctant to spend time repairing a phone charger that cost less. I have repaired phone NOKIA charger on some occasions so phone charger repair is possible.
Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by oweniwe(m): 11:18am On Jun 03, 2015
^^^^ that is what I want to hear.

Well, I have stopped buying those expensive chargers.... to my chagrin, the cheaper N250 new age chargers are far more durable than the ones I used to buy for 1k..angry
Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by Nobody: 2:11am On Jun 04, 2015
Ehya it's unfortunaue what u've bin goin tru, but i was tempted 2 help u.
now follow dis steps 2 @least solve all dis prob once & 4all
*ask ur gen engineer to help u slightly reduce d speed of ur gen, lt will reduce d voltage to d normal (if u can do lt urself very simple)

OR

*get original century stablizer "fake now comon" 2 or 5kva 4 all ur appliances in d house. d power dat will burn century stab is not yet c8ted, (4rm exp - resarch) it will only blown fuse or cut breaker or born wire to dis two, it take 300+ voltage,

try all dis & tank me later
Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by oweniwe(m): 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
adex4me:
Thanks.

The gen is used to Power ice cream freezers and bakery equipment so They won't tune it down

I've found another way sha. I open the extension, cut d live wire about a inch short and use only one strand if watts wire to link the it back to d switch.

so if the voltage gets too high, the wire strand would cut so I'm safe
Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by HealthSecrets(m): 7:05pm On Oct 13, 2016
oweniwe:
Good day to you all. .

I'll like to know if its possible to repair Original ( Nokia ) chargers burnt due to high generator voltage.

We use Lister Diesel Gen in the house every morning and night. . . To power ice cream freezers and bakery bread slicing equipment. . . So the Generator has to be tuned high. .

The result is that small electrical appliances like bulbs, phone chargers, DVD players,get burnt every now and then. An original nokia charges and a desktop charger got burnt this morning. . . Pls don.t tell me to use stabilizer coz even stabilizers get burnt.

There are so many burnt original nokia chargers in the house that i wonder if they can be repaired instead of forking out N1,000 to buy new genuine nokia charger every time

Abi. . Since its possible to repair burnt laptop chargers, then why not burnt phone chargers?

Your humble opinion and recommendations are highly solicited . . . Thanks
How can burnt laptop chargers be repaired?
Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by greenermodels: 9:53pm On Jan 01, 2017
oweniwe:
by your analogy, so everyone whose TV, Laptop and. . . even cars. . get spoilt should go buy new ones ?

please where is this your repair man based, i seriously need his service
Re: Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? by oweniwe(m): 6:54am On Jan 02, 2017
greenermodels:
please where is this your repair man based, i seriously need his service

warri. its long ago. we've both moved so no longer in contact but if u know any good repair shop, ask d tech guy privately if he can repair charger for a token.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NCC Renews MTN’s 3G Licence For Another 15 Years At ₦‎58.6 Billion / Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks / 9mobile Introduces 1.5GB Data Plan For N200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.