Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,097 members, 7,953,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:42 PM

I Prefer Michael Essien To Mikel Obi: Christain Chukwu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Prefer Michael Essien To Mikel Obi: Christain Chukwu (983 Views)

Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu / Michael Essien Contract Ebola??? (pix) / An Open Letter To Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Prefer Michael Essien To Mikel Obi: Christain Chukwu by Aringarosa(m): 11:48am On Sep 22, 2012
Former Nigeria captain Christian Chukwu Okoro is well convinced that Ghana midfielder Michael Essien is miles ahead of his country man Mikel Obi.

The ‘Bison’ fell down the pecking order at the Stamford Bridge prompting him to accept a season-long loan deal with Real Madrid on transfer deadline day.

“I would choose Essien on any second, and any minute over Mikel,” Chukwu told Sunyani-based Storm FM. “Essien is the best in the holding midfield role, Mikel is still learning.”

“Essien is a more powerful and a complete defensive midfielder than Mikel. Mikel is good but he has more to learn more before he can get into the class of Essien.”

“For me I would always prefer Essien but [Roberto] Di Mateo has chosen Mikel over him,” the former Super Eagles coach said.

Chukwu was the captain when the Eagles lifted the African Cup of Nations in 1980 and also coached them when they reached the semi-finals of the same competition in Tunisia.

http://footballcrossfire.com/i-prefer-michael-essien-to-mikel-obi-christain-chukwu/

(1) (Reply)

Sidney Sam Wants To Play For Nigeria / Didier Drogba Buys £800000 Worth Of Diamond Rings For Former Team Mates(pics) / No Trophy For Arsenal Till Royal Baby Is Crowned Says TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.