Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:20 PM

Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book (17402 Views)

Igbo, Yoruba Rivalry Killing Our Film Industry – Adenuga / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / 3-hours With Stella Damasus-aboderin: About The Death Of Her Husband. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by Chicolee(f): 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2012
Interesting. Can't wait to buy d book. I'm obsessed with Nollywood.
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by Ignatio(m): 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2012
This man is ratting out.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by sconsults: 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2012
What genevieve was doing on set ,so na smoke you dey talk about.i don already imagine better much scenarios for my head .hissssssssss
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by NobleAngell(f): 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2012
So wots d message? Mtchwwwwwwww! I refuse 2 comment.
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by Darlo22(m): 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2012
angry
idris4r83: Interesting story, but must this dis b on d first page
why did u click on the thread?Nonesense
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2012
I love Charles Novia's strategy. The book will sell.
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by SisiKill1: 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2012
aishatua1: [b]
I remember when we went to Ikorodu village to shoot some forest scenes, it was getting late and we had one night scene left to shoot. The time was about 7.30pm and it was supposed to be the last scene for the day. Genevieve took some extra time on her make-up. Stella walked up to me in agitation. ‘Sir, please tell Genevieve to hurry up. Its late, we are in the middle of nowhere and she’s still making up. I am a wife and mother. I have kids to attend to at home tonight.

She should not waste our time.’ I looked at Stella in surprise. There was an unusual edge in her voice. I could not fathom out why she would sound a bit antagonistic. I knew she had a point on the time being spent by Genevieve in making up but I always assumed she had been ok with it. But she did have a point about the time being a bit late and we were actually miles away from the main town in a bush somewhere! I walked up to Genevieve who was rubbing powder on her face, while the make-up artist stood nearby, warily telling her she had over-done her face . ‘Genny, lets shoot this. Its late. Come on!’ ‘Just a minute, sir’ she replied.

She spent a few more seconds dabbing powder over a big pimple on her cheek. Stella was behind me, scowling and tapping her foot, impatiently. I took the whole incident between them as one of some brimming rivalry among actors which directors and Producers face at times on set so I did not pay much notice to it.

However, I was taken unawares by what happened a few days later!
[/b]

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/09/22/tell-hurry-make-up-charles-novia-reveals-rivalry-genevieve-stella-damascus/
It goes without saying that Charles Novia is a very good writer and his movies are beyond passable. . .compared to the other rubbish being churned out everyday by the wreck of a movie industry called Nollywood. However I am a little stumped as to why he is trying to create drama where there is none.

By his own admission, it was late in the day, they were shooting in the bush and Genevieve was wasting time with her makeup. . .don't know about y'all but to me and other people who aren't fans of standing idly by in a forest at night doing nothing. . . Stella Damascus reaction IS normal. I bet if the crew members weren't scared of being fired for talking about a "Star" they woulda complained too.

Oga Charlie, abeg next time tell us a story about Stella trying to undermine Genevieve's performance by deliberately flubbing her lines, give us titillating details of Genevieve trying to get one over Stella by showing a better understand of the script. . .tell us how they both bad mouth each other behind the other's back, tell us something that shows RIVALRY because this one, a normal reaction to a colleagues time wasting antics. . .so does not cut it as "RIVALRY"

By the by, I found it amusing when Naija celebs write books, have clothing line, shoe lines, perfume brand etc. Seriously how delusional are these people?? Who is gonna buy these things they are peddling. . .surely not the average Nigerian out there and they don't have the international star power pull like their western counterparts, so who the hell are their target customers?!!

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by saintkola(m): 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2012
Chicolee: Interesting. Can't wait to buy d book. I'm obsessed with Nollywood.

Sarcasm right?
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by SisiKill1: 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2012
saintkola:

Sarcasm right?
You hope?

Lol!!
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by vislabraye(m): 3:44pm On Sep 23, 2012
What is his reason for what he's doing? Is it just to make money? Does he care how the artistes would feel?
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by Nuzo1(m): 3:47pm On Sep 23, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Oga Charlie, abeg next time tell us a story about Stella trying to undermine Genevieve's performance by deliberately flubbing her lines, give us titillating details of Genevieve trying to get one over Stella by showing a better understand of the script. . .tell us how they both bad mouth each other behind the other's back, tell us something that shows RIVALRY because this one, a normal reaction to a colleagues time wasting antics. . .so does not cut it as "RIVALRY"

By the by, I found it amusing when Naija celebs write books, have clothing line, shoe lines, perfume brand etc. Seriously how delusional are these people?? Who is gonna buy these things they are peddling. . .surely not the average Nigerian out there and they don't have the international star power pull like their western counterparts, so who the hell are their target customers?!!
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by Afodot0022(m): 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2012
She would have place GARRI on her dimple or pimple. It work wonders.
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by packman: 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2012
[size=30pt]GOSH WAT A WASTE OF TIME RUBBISH.............[/size] angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by love4ual: 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2012
This book is most likely the first of its kind.....from a Hollywood inside.....although the purpose of writing this book may be to make money but already one can see some truths in all of this......who could have ever imagined that Genevieve smokes....I am genevieve`s greatest fan and I do not think that this has changed my love for her....but at least it is interesting to know some of this truth.........now we know Genevieve better.....and how she has been able to handle her weak sides....for yes...Tonto smokes and did not hide it....she cares less about the society or has no true understanding of the society.....Nigeria is......
But here is Genevieve who knew that she was heading towards stardom ....not in the way seen in Africa b4 especially in the movie industry.....she was able to hide this truth from her fans for yes....and as a result the revelation of this truth now would never affect the love of her fans at least not someone like me....most of us already love her and it would be hard to stop loving her at this point.....I know that it would be a crime for Charles no via to say that Rita Dominique is. Lesbian...or that would be seen as evading her privacy......something always tells me that Rita Dominique is a lesbian and I wish this would be brought to light someday.....I also believe that Genevieve and Tonto dike are bisexuals including NSE ikpe etim......
I believe that this nollywood stars would be quiet when this book is released.....I only read books by David oyedepo, and Sam adeyemi.....I do not read other authors from Nigeria but I would surely by this one....
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by love4ual: 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2012
This book is most likely the first of its kind.....from a nollywood inside.....although the purpose of writing this book may be to make money but already one can see some truths in all of this......who could have ever imagined that Genevieve smokes....I am genevieve`s greatest fan and I do not think that this has changed my love for her....but at least it is interesting to know some of this truth.........now we know Genevieve better.....and how she has been able to handle her weak sides....for yes...Tonto smokes and did not hide it....she cares less about the society or has no true understanding of the society.....Nigeria is......
But here is Genevieve who knew that she was heading towards stardom ....not in the way seen in Africa b4 especially in the movie industry.....she was able to hide this truth from her fans for yes....and as a result the revelation of this truth would never affect the love of her fans now at least not someone like me....most of us already love her and it would be hard to stop loving her at this point.....I know that it would be a crime for Charles no via to say that Rita Dominique is. Lesbian...or that would be seen as evading her privacy......something always tells me that Rita Dominique is a lesbian and I wish this would be brought to light someday.....I also believe that Genevieve and Tonto dike are bisexuals including NSE ikpe etim......
I believe that this nollywood stars would be quiet when this book is released.....I only read books by David oyedepo, and Sam adeyemi.....I do not read other authors from Nigeria but I would surely by this one....
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by Chuksaluta(m): 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2012
ebamma: But wait oh,this will not make patience jonathan recover from her illness oh?
What has patience jonathan got to do with the story? If she were to be your mother how will you feel.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2012
'sir' ,i hope dat as ds book progresses, u shall address d sex -for-role issue dat has bedevilled nollywood & hw nollywood has become an outlet 4 gigolos n 'heavy' runs babes 2 market their wares.
'sir' ,dnt also 4get 2 tell us why d female actresses make more money than the men in nollywood...inshort,why are they richer dan producers n directors put 2geda?
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2012
love4ual: This book is most likely the first of its kind.....from a nollywood inside.....although the purpose of writing this book may be to make money but already one can see some truths in all of this......who could have ever imagined that Genevieve smokes....I am genevieve`s greatest fan and I do not think that this has changed my love for her....but at least it is interesting to know some of this truth.........now we know Genevieve better.....and how she has been able to handle her weak sides....for yes...Tonto smokes and did not hide it....she cares less about the society or has no true understanding of the society.....Nigeria is......
But here is Genevieve who knew that she was heading towards stardom ....not in the way seen in Africa b4 especially in the movie industry.....she was able to hide this truth from her fans for yes....and as a result the revelation of this truth would never affect the love of her fans now at least not someone like me....most of us already love her and it would be hard to stop loving her at this point.....I know that it would be a crime for Charles no via to say that Rita Dominique is. Lesbian...or that would be seen as evading her privacy......something always tells me that Rita Dominique is a lesbian and I wish this would be brought to light someday.....I also believe that Genevieve and Tonto dike are bisexuals including NSE ikpe etim......

little mind
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 23, 2012
intrestn.see gene in a new way,humble n intrestn,the book will raise a lot of rukus n probably sell well,charles novia is a great writer.
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by mulumele(m): 10:07pm On Sep 23, 2012
It is obvious that Charles Novia is devising means to make money that's why he is creating all the suspense unfortunately Nollywood is not as interesting or volatile as Hollywood and Nigerians are not so star-stricken as the Americans.
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 23, 2012
Everyone shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This is what happened few days later. They all ate dinner together on set. Lol.
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by Chaaaan(f): 10:52pm On Sep 23, 2012
Who is Charles Novia? undecided
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 24, 2012
please
tell us
more
about
the pimples.....

wonderin Y it bn repeated many tyms. grin grin cheesy
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by thegeorgy(f): 1:38am On Sep 24, 2012
☀☀◦°˚mschew˚◦◦☀☀ >:/ nansense!
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by jstringz(m): 11:46am On Sep 24, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
It goes without saying that Charles Novia is a very good writer and his movies are beyond passable. . .compared to the other rubbish being churned out everyday by the wreck of a movie industry called Nollywood. However I am a little stumped as to why he is trying to create drama where there is none.

By his own admission, it was late in the day, they were shooting in the bush and Genevieve was wasting time with her makeup. . .don't know about y'all but to me and other people who aren't fans of standing idly by in a forest at night doing nothing. . . Stella Damascus reaction IS normal. I bet if the crew members weren't scared of being fired for talking about a "Star" they woulda complained too.

U ve said it all. I couldn't have said it bera
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by aalangel(f): 1:05pm On Sep 24, 2012
It's a healthy rivalry....catchy headline i must say..
Genevieve was one of the few actresses that stood by her when her
husband died.
BUt my Genny smokes
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by kunlefox(m): 7:00pm On Sep 24, 2012
Crapfest!!!
Using grade F(and hyped up) actresses to sell his shitty book makes me lol. I really can't believe any person out there would wanna read this. The question at the end of it all is Who the Bleep cares?
Re: Genevieve & Stella's Rivalry Revealed In Charles Novia's Book by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2012
This guy should either release his book already or shut the h...l up! Market strategy my foot! tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Domak Shelter Rewards Big Dreams Talent Show Housemates With Land, Cash / Jenifa the. blockbuster / Allison Nelson Wins Week 2 Head Of House Title For Bbnaija 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.