Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Bible Counsel Needed for court case - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Counsel Needed for court case (820 Views)

Can A Real Born Again Christian Go For Court Wedding? / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Using Religious Sacrifice To Win A Court Case! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Counsel Needed for court case by virginvampire(m): 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2012
I have a situation
Re: Bible Counsel Needed for court case by CrazyMan(m): 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2012
virgin_vampire:
I use to be a banker and its a long story anyway but a colleague of mine implicated me in a 2.1 million fraud of which i knew nothing about...the case has been in court for the past five years...later the lady became "born again" and asked for my forgiveness for the lie she told against me....BUT EVEN THOUGHT I WANNA FORGIVE HER BUT THE CASE IS STILL IN COURT AND HAS AFFECTED ME BADLY
I CANT TRAVEL OUT
I CANT MARRY
I CANT EVEN WORK PROPERLY COS OF THE PSYCHOLOGICAL TRAUMA
First I must sympathize with you...but as a christian, its God's will is that you receive comfort, therefore be comforted.

2 Chorinthians 1:3-4. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

What has happened has happened...I don't know if any words of mine can be of use to you now...considering the years you lost as a result of this unfortunate incident.

Notwithstanding, I must tender my views...if she asks for forgiveness, forgive her. Cos she took a very bold step by making that confession to you.

virgin_vampire: i therefore told her that she is not serious......but my pastor says all the same i should forgive
I would agree with your pastor here...I not it might be difficult, but as a Christian, you should know that forgiveness is a major criteria for gaining God's favour.

virgin_vampire: what do u think is the best response to this....i was thinking of recording our conversation and taking it to court as evidence but on the other hand i dont wanna look devilish

Kindly advice
I wouldn't suggest that yet...

If she's truly born again as she claimed to be, then her confession should not be difficult for her to render to the court...she must strive hard to exonerate you, and not the other way round.

Therefore study her closely for physical evidence of her born again status. If her actions justify her claims, then relax cos the holy spirit won't give her a moments peace until you're out of there.

If the reverse is the case, then I would suggest you record her statement as evidence, and look for other relevant evidence to back up your innocence. And I'm sure that God would see you through.

God bless you.
Re: Bible Counsel Needed for court case by virginvampire(m): 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2012
@crazyman
T
Re: Bible Counsel Needed for court case by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2012
virgin_vampire: @crazyman
Thank you for your wise advice am really grateful
...its just that i believe is she is TRULY expentant she should go to court to confess B[b]UT SHE SAID SHE DO-SENT BELIEVE IN RESTITUTION t[/b]his is what even annoyed me
She is silly, nonesense, so she can implicate you, now claims to be born again and yet cant use that same lying mouth to go and confess and clear you, she is just trying to please her Pastor and not God. Her confession is not complete, it is not a private sin against you, what she did has legal implication, she should clear you if she is serious. As for forgiveness, we forgive as soon as we are hurt, We shouldnt wait for people to come and beg, but legally if she doesnt go and clear you in court then the confession is useless and wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Counsel Needed for court case by Joagbaje(m): 6:52am On Sep 24, 2012
The first thing needed for clarification here is to tell us who took the case to court . Is it you, or the police or who?. Who charged who to court?

If its a criminal case against you , she has to go and confess to them and the case can be withdrawn . A lawyer can advise you on how to kill the case . You have to forgive unconditionally . But she has to do the christian thing by confessing her error and God who she serve will help her.
Re: Bible Counsel Needed for court case by virginvampire(m): 11:12am On Sep 24, 2012
H
Re: Bible Counsel Needed for court case by Joagbaje(m): 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2012
It's a simple thing, the girl need to simply do the honorable thing as a born again . Apologise officially. She should write the bank. And the bank will withdraw the case and offer you apology if there need be. It's not a bad idea to document your conversation with her. Only you know what is before you, jail term ,re payment etc. everything still depends on you . What ever decision you make is right. If you want your name cleared or you want to sacrifice for her.
Re: Bible Counsel Needed for court case by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
my dear, set up and record the transaction. Forgiveness has nothing to do with you doing the right thing by trying to free yourself in a right anf legal manner.you are evn lucky you are on bail. Pls, dnt confuse forgiveness with stupidity. And its not like you'd be doing it to get back at her, you are trying to get out of the mess she put you in. And its not like you would be framing her up or something. Remember, be as gentle as a dove, and as wise as a serpent.

One more thing, if you decide not to record it, you can testify in court as to that: she coming to confess to you, and she can be summoned to give evidence in court.

At the end of the day, its your choice to make.
Re: Bible Counsel Needed for court case by virginvampire(m): 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2012
Ezeed: my dear, set up and record the transaction. Forgiveness has nothing to do with you doing the right thing by trying to free yourself in a right anf legal manner.you are evn lucky you are on bail. Pls, dnt confuse forgiveness with stupidity. And its not like you'd be doing it to get back at her, you are trying to get out of the mess she put you in. And its not like you would be framing her up or something. Remember, be as gentle as a dove, and as wise as a serpent.

One more thing, if you decide not to record it, you can testify in court as to that: she coming to confess to you, and she can be summoned to give evidence in court.

At the end of the day, its your choice to make.

(1) (Reply)

Life Does Not End Here / THOSE THAT MIGHT MISSED THE RAPTURE / Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.