Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs (817 Views)

People Who Pay Tithes Are Continually Been Scamed. / Pastors Collecting Tithes Are Robbers And David Did Not Kill Goliath - Aribisala / Why Tithes Are Important (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
I have come to the conclusion that Tithes are membership fees that members of denominations have to pay to their various social clubs , to enjoy certain privileges.

Though , with these clubs, you can be a faithful and loyal member and still get nothing back in return.

For example , your membership fees may be used to build schools, universities or even buy Jets and neither you nor your children will ever enjoy these wonderful things.

In fact , it has been known that in some cases when you are in dire need and great difficulty, you may be asked to go elsewhere for help, such as to your close relatives and friends.

Disclaimer : Please , may I also say there are many very dedicated churches and pastors out there who do not fall into this category.

Test the spirits.

Will expatiate on this later.
Re: Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs by PastorKun(m): 8:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
Not just membership fee but the greatest institutionalised fraud in the history of mankind.

2 Likes

Re: Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
^^

removed and re-added cheesy

I agree.
Re: Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs by ezme(m): 8:36pm On Jan 25, 2013
frosbel: I have come to the conclusion that[b] Tithes are membership fees that members of denominations have to pay to their various social clubs [/b], to enjoy certain privileges.

Though , with these clubs, you can be a faithful and loyal member and still get nothing back in return.

For example , your membership fees may be used to build schools, universities or even buy Jets and neither you nor your children will ever enjoy these wonderful things.

In fact , it has been known that in some cases when you are in dire need and great difficulty, you may be asked to go elsewhere for help, such as to your close relatives and friends.

Disclaimer : Please , may I also say there are many very dedicated churches and pastors out there who do not fall into this category.

Test the spirits.

Tithe payers = regular members

Partnership Seeds sowers = Premium members

1 Like

Re: Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs by Goshen360(m): 8:43pm On Jan 25, 2013
OmG! I love Frosbel, Pastor Kun and ezme.

Hey, don't quote me....I can update the list from these three guys and add your I.d o o.... cheesy
Re: Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 25, 2013
ezme:

Tithe payers = regular members

Partnership Seeds sowers = Premium members

Perfectly stated !
Re: Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs by Goshen360(m): 10:01pm On Jan 25, 2013
Christ, FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION. Nothing but Christ! Christ, the seed of the woman. Christ in the Tabernacle of Moses. Christ, the deliverer and better than Moses. OmG, I feel like preaching right now! cool Christ the first fruit and our passover! Christ, Christ, Christ!

New Living Translation (©2007)
Then Jesus took them through the writings of Moses and all the prophets, explaining from all the Scriptures the things concerning himself. - Luke 24:27

I got delivered the day I understood this scripture. Christ, from Genesis to the Prophets (HIDDEN therein) and WHEN he came,he was SEEN in the Gospels and REVEALED in the Epistles to Revelation. Glory to God, Christ in you, the hope of Glory!
Re: Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
Goshen360: Christ, FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION. Nothing but Christ! Christ, the seed of the woman. Christ in the Tabernacle of Moses. Christ, the deliverer and better than Moses. OmG, I feel like preaching right now! cool Christ the first fruit and our passover! Christ, Christ, Christ!

Then Jesus took them through the writings of Moses and all the prophets, explaining from all the Scriptures the things concerning himself. - Luke 24:27

I got delivered the day I understood this scripture. Christ, from Genesis to the Prophets (HIDDEN therein) and WHEN he came,he was SEEN in the Gospels and REVEALED in the Epistles to Revelation. Glory to God, Christ in you, the hope of Glory!

Amen
Re: Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs by plaetton: 11:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
Tithes are more like extortion fees from a rapacious pseudo-religious mafia.

"Give us your money or god (or the devil) is gonna throw you in hell".
angry

And you call this a membership fee? You mean membership in the FEAR club?
Re: Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs by wordthots: 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
Goshen360: Christ, FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION. Nothing but Christ! Christ, the seed of the woman. Christ in the Tabernacle of Moses. Christ, the deliverer and better than Moses. OmG, I feel like preaching right now! cool Christ the first fruit and our passover! Christ, Christ, Christ!

Guess I agree with you, the bible is a Christocentric material (christ centered). From Genesis to Revelations, Christ in all...

John 5:39
You search and investigate and pore over the Scriptures diligently, because you suppose and trust that you have eternal life through them. And these [very Scriptures] testify about Me! (AMP)

Godbless
Re: Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs by alexleo(m): 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2013
I accept your disclaimer. The reason so many churches are springing up at an alarming rate these days is just the money that rolls in from tithe, offering and all those their programs here and there. Like 21 days fasting and praying program could also translate to 21 days of financial inflow via series of offering and seed sowing. I think you ve given the key words(as written in the scriptures)- test every spirit. I am NOT against tithing though.
frosbel: I have come to the conclusion that Tithes are membership fees that members of denominations have to pay to their various social clubs , to enjoy certain privileges.

Test the spirits.

Re: Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2013
alexleo: I accept your disclaimer. The reason so many churches are springing up at an alarming rate these days is just the money that rolls in from tithe, offering and all those their programs here and there. Like 21 days fasting and praying program could also translate to 21 days of financial inflow via series of offering and seed sowing. I think you ve given the key words(as written in the scriptures)- test every spirit. I am NOT against tithing though.

It matters that we preach sound doctrine , putting people under condemnation because they have not fulfilled an outdated practice is unbiblical.

Secondly, what is the tithe used for, at least we should use it for the original purpose if we want to adhere to this Jewish cultural practice, no ?
Re: Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs by Goshen360(m): 1:10am On Jan 27, 2013
frosbel:

It matters that we preach sound doctrine , putting people under condemnation because they have not fulfilled an outdated practice is unbiblical.

First, you're gonna complicate issues and sound doctrine. Since it is outdated, it therefore means it was already deleted. That which was deleted had gone away. God took away (deleted or subtracted or minus) the old, so that he can establish (add or save) the new. It's obsolete means it's obsolete. Christians were NEVER under that covenant in the first place and from the beginning. God only had us in mind and when the time came, we're engrafted into the covenant.

frosbel:

Secondly, what is the tithe used for, at least we should use it for the original purpose if we want to adhere to this Jewish cultural practice, no ?

Again, you'll complicate issues. Part of what the Old tithe was used for was the Levites who were also those who minister in the temple and for orphans, poor etc. Preachers will therefore argue by your above statement that tithes can or are to be used to pay them as salaries.... grin. You see the matter? The truth is, TITHE has ENDED in the New Testament alongside with the Mosaic system. We cannot just pick out only tithe to continue while we claim we're no longer under the law of Moses.
Re: Tithes Are Membership Fees For Social Clubs by debosky(m): 1:26am On Jan 27, 2013
I wonder what purpose a thread like this serves. undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

God Waited On Him For 30yrs To Put Away Sin / A Misconception Of My Position And The Hate Factor / Islam Says Jesus Has Both A Place In Paradise And Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.