Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,489 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

How Can Computer Help A Local Auto Mechanic? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can Computer Help A Local Auto Mechanic? (707 Views)

Lady Motor Mechanic From Warri, Delta State - Photo And Story / 1st Female Mechanic Sandra Aguebor Begins After School Program To Teach Girls / Becoming A Seasoned Auto Mechanic And Automotive Engineer In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Computer Help A Local Auto Mechanic? by Waxxzy(m): 6:54am On Sep 24, 2012
I am a computer instructor, last week a group of auto mechanics call me that they want to learn computer, i laughed and said it's not possible. after thinking about the money that will be involved i call the mechanic chairman and tell him that it is possible for them to learn computer in yoruba language. please i need some tips from my good Nairaland People on How can i teach computer to people who dont understand English only yoruba language. and what a local auto mechanic should know about computer
thanks.
Re: How Can Computer Help A Local Auto Mechanic? by yemmyma: 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
I laugh in Zulu. Back to your post. As a former trainer myself, i think your first task is to find out what they actually want to learn.
Re: How Can Computer Help A Local Auto Mechanic? by AjanleKoko: 2:33pm On Sep 24, 2012
cheesy cheesy
Re: How Can Computer Help A Local Auto Mechanic? by yamakuza: 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
maybe they heard car faults are now diagnosed with the aid of computers, so they/you think MS Word is all they'll need.

bottomline: i dont think its ur institution they are looking for, unless ...
Re: How Can Computer Help A Local Auto Mechanic? by AjanleKoko: 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2012
yamakuza: maybe they heard car faults are now diagnosed with the aid of computers, so they/you think MS Word is all they'll need.

That's it. Every young mechanic now has the dagnostics box in his back pocket, and every model since 1996 or so has a 'brainbox'. wink
Re: How Can Computer Help A Local Auto Mechanic? by yamakuza: 5:39pm On Sep 24, 2012
AjanleKoko:

That's it. Every young mechanic now has the dagnostics box in his back pocket, and every model since 1996 or so has a 'brainbox'. wink

i'm thinking he should go and learn that so he can teach them, or hire someone who can teach them 'computer diagnostics" (that is if thats what they are seeking sha)

but the other question is : do they require Computer Appreciation courses, or they can just dive straight into the Computer Diagnostics course ?
Re: How Can Computer Help A Local Auto Mechanic? by Mustay(m): 5:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
yamakuza: maybe they heard car faults are now diagnosed with the aid of computers, so they/you think MS Word is all they'll need.

bottomline: i dont think its ur institution they are looking for, unless ...

That was the thought that came to my mind. It's funny how when I read all those great (read inspirational) stories, the individuals are first laughed at or mocked a la OP tongue

Anyway, you still need to know their needs and if it differs from @yamakuza's, it could still be an area you'd considering exploiting and perhaps, advertise to them - they'll serve as your first 'patrons' for a test course.

1 Like

Re: How Can Computer Help A Local Auto Mechanic? by Andrew3(m): 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2012
hahaha i pity them. They actually want the basics so they can use
auto diagnostic softwares like the key programmers and transponders.
cryptography is difficult.

(1) (Reply)

What To Do When Your Best Friend Becomes Your Boss / Asset Management Corporation Of Nigeria (AMCON) / New Firm: 150 New Jobs On Immediate Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.