Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Career As A Pilot? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career As A Pilot? (1239 Views)

Career As A Writer - Little Things That Go A Long Way In Selling Your Book / How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read / How To Become A Pilot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career As A Pilot? by damselle: 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2008
I'd like to get advice (backed up by facts please) on how a fresh Nigerian graduate can get training as a pilot, and what the average pay and career prospects are like.

I'm hearing it's not really lucrative to be a pilot anymore. (True. Untrue?)

Thanks!

damselle
Re: Career As A Pilot? by stalker(f): 9:46am On Jan 15, 2008
Who ever told you being a pilot is not lucrative anymore is just trying to discourage you. To become a pilot in Nigeria you have to go to an aviation school and the only one we have in Nigeria is the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology in Zaria. I am checking out the brochure right now and I hope you can afford the fees. The fees for acommercial pilot license (ground studies) duration 20 weeks is N475,000 and the fees for a commercial pilot license (flight training) duration 110hours is 2,755,000. These fees were obtainable as at last year.

Average pay for a pilot depend on the amount of hours you have flown. For us the more the number of years of experience the more your salary but for them the more the number of hours and mileage flown the more the pay. Rumor has it that Virgin Nigeria pays their pilots the highest for local flights. I do not want to disclose the amount so people's jaws do not hang but it is well above 400,000 per month. It is definitely very lucrative to be a pilot.
Re: Career As A Pilot? by armstin: 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2019
STUDY PILOTING! THERE ARE OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE INTEREST IN PILOTING IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES USA, GEORGIA AND U.K WITH JOB OFFER AFTER YOU BECOME A PILOT. CONTACT +7 930 859-75-22 OR 07030285286.

(1) (Reply)

A Banker's Life / Career Change - From Biz To IT / Hello Everyone, Help About Certifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.