Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? (13964 Views)

Dangote To Build Cement Factory In Adamawa, Over 10,000 Jobs To Be Created / Oti Ikomi Resigns As Keystone Bank MD / Erastus Akingbola: Fmr Intercontinental Bank MD Freed Over ₦47.1B Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Hope2015: 3:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
10years In Office For Nigerian Banks' MDs/CEOs: Why Is Access Bank An Exemption?

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) sometimes in 2010 or so, issued a circular that the MDs/CEOs of Nigerian Banks shall no longer spend more than 10 years in office as part of the efforts to sanitize the prevailing abuses in the banking sector,. One year after this circular, a number of banks namely Zenith, UBA and Skye Banks lost their MDs/CEOs to this policy.

It is however surprising to note that the current MD/CEO of Access Bank has spent more than the 10 years stipulated by the CBN policy. Is it that he is immune from the policy? Worrisome is the fact that, no single media in Nigeria has even raised the issue! Is it a case of oversight or deliberate attempt to look elsewhere? Well, maybe it is a case of all animals are equal but some are more equal than the others after all, he appears to be GEJ’s boy!
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by teddy2011: 5:41pm On Sep 24, 2012
Hmmn, you are absolutely right. I hope this makes front page. No wonder AIG is now a politcian in the making. Lets watch and see how his tenure as the Bank's CEO ends.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by jabbo(m): 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2012
He said he became Access MD in 2002 only in acting capacity and substantive MD 2 years later. So I guess the guy has 2 more years.

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by valdubem(m): 8:38pm On Sep 24, 2012
Access Bank, na nigerian bank?
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2012
Maybe you have forgotten you are in Nigeria where anything goes. Where you loot billions and you go into jail for 3 months and after you can enjoy your loots with the Govt even conferring on u a National honor. undecided

1 Like

Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2012
Sorry, I can't comment. My sister's boyfriend's grandma's granddaughter's best friend's brother's father's best friend's cat broke his leg. grin

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by acidtalk: 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2012
val_dubem: Access Bank, na nigerian bank?

No! na one community Esusu bank for cambodia.

WHen will you guys actually start 'stealing' brains if you can't afford to buy one for a transplant to be done on you?

6 Likes

Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by ebamma(m): 8:46pm On Sep 24, 2012
wetin concern us for dis mata,if him like make him serve for 100 years that wan na dia wahala
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Kslib(m): 8:46pm On Sep 24, 2012
My post is too shy too appear!!!
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by menace2: 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2012
Sign of Endtime.!!!!!!!!!!

Quote me wrong

1 Like

Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by ebamma(m): 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2012
No,na bokoharam bank
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 24, 2012
You dey ask me why im still be oga for bank for 10yrs? Wetin consign me? If he likes let him stay there till eternity! Do I fuccking care? Hell no!! NEXT!!!
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by mat2lock(m): 8:49pm On Sep 24, 2012
Because him sabi in job na,una wahala tooo much jare,let him be there for as long as he likes,as long he is doing the right thing..... It not easy just changing people... Especially sensitive bank job..... Abeg free the guy Jo......
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by hrhobi1(m): 8:51pm On Sep 24, 2012
@OP Ya papa or mama or brother or sister need d job? enemy of progress. na Nigeria get access bank? abeg go eat sh-it.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by strangest(m): 8:51pm On Sep 24, 2012
Oga MD, the person under you is ploTting your removal... No worry, come my side make I use my grandpas juju put their head inside bush
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by ismhab(m): 8:51pm On Sep 24, 2012
BECAUSE NA HIS FATHER'S PROPERTY.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Drsunnie(m): 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2012
what a jealous, leave M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣ uncle alone . He wants to die on that seat, or till his son graduates to take over from him.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Jyde89: 8:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
emmysenior: Sorry, I can't comment. My sister's boyfriend's grandma's granddaughter's best friend's brother's father's best friend's cat broke his leg. grin
and dem say mek you kom pak im shit abi?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by LaParisienne(f): 8:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
Lol. Please leave Aigboje alone. Got love for that man wink
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by chucky234(m): 9:01pm On Sep 24, 2012
Na Biafran bank wey borrow office dey operates for Nigeria.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 24, 2012
no, how can? It's a liberian bank for keeping diamonds.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by DICKtator: 9:05pm On Sep 24, 2012
Hope2015: 10years In Office For Nigerian Banks' MDs/CEOs: Why Is Access Bank An Exemption?

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) sometimes in 2010 or so, issued a circular that the MDs/CEOs of Nigerian Banks shall no longer spend more than 10 years in office as part of the efforts to sanitize the prevailing abuses in the banking sector,. One year after this circular, a number of banks namely Zenith, UBA and Skye Banks lost their MDs/CEOs to this policy.

It is however surprising to note that the current MD/CEO of Access Bank has spent more than the 10 years stipulated by the CBN policy. Is it that he is immune from the policy? Worrisome is the fact that, no single media in Nigeria has even raised the issue! Is it a case of oversight or deliberate attempt to look elsewhere? Well, maybe it is a case of all animals are equal but some are more equal than the others after all, he appears to be GEJ’s boy!

I just checked out a blog http://aigbojeaig-imoukhuede..com/ that states that he became the M.D. of Access in 2002 and like someone earlier claimed, It was documented officially 2yrs later. So he may not leave till 2013/2014. He is a very good and astute banker.
@op: Did his Subsidy report indict your companycabal? #Justasking
grin grin grin grin
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by mansmith(m): 9:09pm On Sep 24, 2012
are u from potorico?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by DANILSA(m): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
DICKtator:

I just checked out a blog http://aigbojeaig-imoukhuede..com/ that states that he became the M.D. of Access in 2002 and like someone earlier claimed, It was documented officially 2yrs later. So he may not leave till 2013/2014. He is a very good and astute banker.
@op: Did his Subsidy report indict your companycabal? #Justasking
grin grin grin grin
Im papa company follow for cabal wey de kill us embarassed
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Ayorh4you(m): 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2012
Can any1 tel me ao dis take affect d price of dat white tin made frm cassava whch must nt b mentioned cuz of uncle Seun? Abegi, gv me 2 cups of G4 and help bake sme cassava bread.... NEXT PLS! *yarns*

1 Like

Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by puplin(f): 9:37pm On Sep 24, 2012
@Op....assuming the bros na your papa or relative...would you feel d same way??
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by erniok(m): 9:42pm On Sep 24, 2012
acidtalk:

No! na one community Esusu bank for cambodia.

WHen will you guys actually start 'stealing' brains if you can't afford to buy one for a transplant to be done on you?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by erniok(m): 9:48pm On Sep 24, 2012
puplin: @Op....assuming the bros na your papa or relative...would you feel d same way??
this is the kind of annoying reasoning that is slowly killing our nation. so whistle blowing should be done away with once ones relation is involved. smh.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by lololo5: 10:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
Don't like d bank jare......♓☺w can dey b telling graduates †̥ go get deposit of 1million,5million,7.5million and even 10million sef b4 entering their stupid training school. The money u r givin them is enough †̥ start a good business. D bank sucks jare...after giving them deposit u will now sign training bond of 2million naira again....all for one hundred thousand naira monthly.....
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Pukkah: 10:17pm On Sep 24, 2012
jabbo: He said he became Access MD in 2002 only in acting capacity and substantive MD 2 years later. So I guess the guy has 2 more years.

When did he say so?

The Access Bank website:http://www.accessbankplc.com/Pages/page.aspx?value=120 does not indicate that:

Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede’s banking career spans over two decades. He spent over 10 years at Guaranty Trust Bank Plc (GT Bank) and resigned in 2001 to lead a dynamic team of accomplished bankers as the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank Plc with the mandate to transform the bank into a world-class financial services provider.

There is no indication of that too on the blog: http://aigbojeaig-imoukhuede..com/

He has a distinguished banking career of over two decades, 10 of which were spent at Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank) where he resigned in March 2002 to lead a dynamic crop of accomplished bankers as the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Access Bank Plc with the mandate to transform the Bank into a world-class financial services provider.
Re: Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 24, 2012
man smith: are u from potorico?

Dude its spelt Puerto Rico

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Crashes Further To N436/dollar / I Want To Buy Garri Wholesale / Tips On Starting A Small Scale Supermarket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.