Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,425 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? (3788 Views)

5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / 20yr Old British-nigerian Visiting Naija For The First Time: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by darkroll(m): 9:28am On Jan 15, 2008
Am planing to come to nigeria and have a reunion with my families , i have not seen them for 4years now . My plan is take them out for dinner at one of the best resturant either in Abuja or Lagos
Can anyone recommended any good one , and if you have the resturant contact tha will be great .
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by oell(m): 2:04pm On Jan 16, 2008
Check out http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/
Some very Nice resturants.
Ask your Cousins for correct Buka's like Equal Rights in Shomolu and Yakoyo in Ilupeju
TRy the Original Isiewu at Simple Corner Off St Finbarrs Rd. Akoka
Cheers
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by darkroll(m): 9:53am On Jan 21, 2008
thanks . but the site u refer to me , dd not help

i dont want them to know which resturant am taking them , this is why i want to find the resturant my self
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by awonboiz: 4:36pm On Jan 21, 2008
@oell

Anoda SIMPLE CORNER joint sef de bawala st, off Lady Lak road for pedro grin cheesy
So u sef de patronise SIMPLE, i be tink say na only me wink

@darkroll

Try MUMMY'S DISH @ Johnson Bus/stop, Lady Lak road smiley
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by darkroll(m): 9:48pm On Jan 21, 2008
i meant good , classy and standard resturant . not all thes craps are metioning
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by Blackcat(f): 11:05am On Jan 22, 2008
Take them to any of the five star hotels, they all have good restaurants
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by darkroll(m): 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2008
can u name one of the 5 stars hotel please .

i learnt there are quite some new hotels now in Nigeria
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by Blackcat(f): 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2008
darkroll:

can u name one of the 5 stars hotel please .

i learnt there are quite some new hotels now in Nigeria

The 5 star hotels in Lagos are the Sheraton Lagos Hotel and Towers in Ikeja near the airport and Eko Hotel (formerly L'Hotel Eko Meridien), Victoria Island.

Of the two, Eko Hotel which has an extension known as Kuramo Suites is located just by Kuramo beach, hence the name.

Abuja Sheraton

Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja

LE Meridien Hotel Abuja

Kakanfo Inn Hotel- Ibadan
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by almondjoy(f): 5:43am On Jan 23, 2008
Yes Lord!

I had one family reunion at the Eko Hotel in Lagos.  This table sat 20 of our family members with an extension for kids. Each person cost about 3,500 Naira but worth every kobo.  The Buffet was awesome.  The music was wonderful, and the place was neat.  Very romantic spot. Mixture of continental and other dishes. I loved the deserts and fruit plates too. The greatest advantage is that you do not have to wait long for food orders. It is a buffet.

Try the one in Abuja or Lagos as already recommended.  Stay inside for crying out loud.  The flies/mosquitos are viscious at night. kiss 

The only problem I had was that the waiters and waitresses carried out loud conversations like they were in Ojuelegba Market, quite unprofessional. sad
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by darkroll(m): 12:19pm On Jan 23, 2008
almondjoy:

Yes Lord!

I had one family reunion at the Eko Hotel in Lagos. This table sat 20 of our family members with an extension for kids. Each person cost about 3,500 Naira but worth every kobo. The Buffet was awesome. The music was wonderful, and the place was neat. Very romantic spot. Mixture of continental and other dishes. I loved the deserts and fruit plates too. The greatest advantage is that you do not have to wait long for food orders. It is a buffet.

Try the one in Abuja or Lagos as already recommended. Stay inside for crying out loud. The flies/mosquitos are viscious at night. kiss

The only problem I had was that the waiters and waitresses carried out loud conversations like they were in Ojuelegba Market, quite unprofessional. sad
I really appreciate your post , i guess i will try Eko Hotel then , 3,500 is a good price for a buffet .
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by krs1(m): 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
for a list of restaurant options, try http://www.naijahotspots.com

you will find more options for eating out in lagos and abuja, complete with addresses and other contact info.
i checked out lagos. you will find a few reviews there to help you decide.
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by darkroll(m): 2:52am On Jan 24, 2008
scatta:

willy,
what's up?
got your response yesterday.
really appreciate it.
guess i should start preparing for seychelles as early as now. prbably by late this year, i should be there.
but this one wey you dey come naija so, will u still go back?

because i bet i would still need your help bro.

you can also try RONIS @ ibadan. along ojoo road, around UI.
it's one of the best. me i no be lagosian, i be ibadansian.

jimmy
Scatta , am only coming to Niger for 10days , i am not sure i will be coming to ibadan for reunion with my family , but anyways thanks for your contribution .
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by darkroll(m): 3:08am On Jan 24, 2008
krs1:

for a list of restaurant options, try http://www.naijahotspots.com

you will find more options for eating out in lagos and abuja, complete with addresses and other contact info.
i checked out lagos. you will find a few reviews there to help you decide.

Thanks , www.naijahotspots.com was very helpfull
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by Arnold1(m): 9:29am On Jan 24, 2008
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by babybird82(f): 12:53am On Jan 25, 2008
@ scatta

Ronis ke, is that supposed to be a joke. Ronis is a fast food joint not a restaurant. Better restaurant dey ibadan so. I am sure of amala joints and fish joints in ibadan, but restaurant, nah. Except you try the 3*,4* hotels sha.

@ Oel

Simple corner, na wa for u o. The guy dey find restaurant you dey mention isi-ewu, nkwobi and beer joint. RFLMAO.
Good 'ol simple corner, i sure rock that place well well back in the days.

@ Poster

You can try the chinese restaurant inside VGC, Lekki, its called VGC club. The place is a good spot for a re-union. I went there with a friend on a business lunch to mark the end of the year, i was greatly impressed. I have told my hubby that he will have to take me there on valentine's day. A lil bit expensive, but well worth it.
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by oell(m): 3:23pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ Awon Boiz
Nice one Jare, Stay SIMPLE whenever you feel like getting AFRICAN
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by oell(m): 3:26pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ Darkroll
sorry, I assumed since you lived in Seychelles you missed AFRICAN Dishes.
Cheers
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by PapaBrowne(m): 6:13pm On Jan 25, 2008
Darkroll,
Best advice would be to buy TimeOut Nigeria. Its an international travel magazine I guess you should know.It contains most of the best restaurants and every other thing that would make you love and enjoy Naija 2 the fullest.
It bought it at Nu metro- N1500.Guess you'll find it at any major newstand. Very,Very Informative!!
www.timeoutnigeria.com
Re: Coming To Naija For Reunion , Any Good Resturant ? by darkroll(m): 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2008
ok , i wil check out the magazine , everyone thanks for your contributions .

I will be in Niger soon , hope all those road side suya are still there oooooo( i dey enjoy those hot roasted meat )

more contributions welcome

(1) (Reply)

Deleted / Is It True That Some Boys Ar Selling There Kidney In Malaysia? / Breast Binding From Around The World. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.