Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,386 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Nairaland In Paris Come Here Plz - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairaland In Paris Come Here Plz (770 Views)

Nairaland In Paris Come Here Plz / Any Nairaland In Denmark ? / The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland In Paris Come Here Plz by kunlery911(m): 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2012
ok so am going to lagos n i have a 5hrs stop over in paris so i wanna go in during my stopover,i wanna go to the eiffel tower do anybody know how far its from the CDG Airport? n how much should have have with me for transport n food? thx
Re: Nairaland In Paris Come Here Plz by kunlery911(m): 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2012
:osorry i meant to post dis 2the travel section
Re: Nairaland In Paris Come Here Plz by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
its possible to go to the Eiffel tower but it will be a close call as you will probably have just enough time to get there take a pic and then go back to the airport.

here is a clue: it will take you about 30mins from the time the plane touches down to the time you will get to the RER train station (providing there is no queue at the pass control). from the train station it will take you no less than 1hr to get to either TROCADERO station (15mins walk away from the actual Eiffel tower) or ECOLE MILITAIRE/BIR HAKEIM station (10mins walk away from Eiffel tower)..... so you would have spent about 2hrs of your time and would have only have 3 hrs left..... spend about 45mins taking pics etc (going up wouldnt be worth it as there can be quite a long queue. then head back to CDG asap. you need to be back at the airport at least 1hr before your flight, in order to go back through the crazy immigration at CDG.

you MUST take the public transport and NOT the taxi because traffic in Paris is unpredictable and you may get stuck for hours if there is any problem on the motorway from the airport to Paris center. i wouldnt recommend to actually leave the airport on such a short time, but then again, we are all different.

also it its BEST to go to Trocadero station because you can take better pictures from the top of the area (with the Eiffel tower in the background), before going down to the eiffel tower itself.

return ticket will cost about 18€ and you will need about 10€ to get a meal at MC D.
as for food, dont buy anything at the airport and simply stop at a supermarket around the Eiffel tower if you need some extra drinks etc.
Re: Nairaland In Paris Come Here Plz by JeSoul(f): 4:05pm On Sep 26, 2012
^nice post MBJ.

kunlery911,
5hrs is really not enough time to do anything. Disembarking/embarking alone (customs, immigration, luggages, navigating the airport etc) will take close to 2hrs total, not to mention ~1hr each way to get from the airport to the tower & back. And as MBJ said, there's usually a long queue to go up the tower.

I suppose if you were really really bent on seeing the tower, it is possible, but it'll be very tight & you'll have to rush. All the best.
Re: Nairaland In Paris Come Here Plz by kunlery911(m): 3:50am On Sep 28, 2012
thanks guys i really appropriate it, i dont think it worth it cuz i might even miss my flight self if i get lose plus i dont even know where am going so for sure am gonna get lose before i get to the towel but thanks tho

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Immigration Minister Says He Will Reform Student Visa System / Need Cheap Flight To Abuja! / Another Nigerian Student Caught In Sham Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.