Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Help!!! Can Someone Get A Divorce Through Welfare - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! Can Someone Get A Divorce Through Welfare (1167 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / He Reveals His True Identity And Wants A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Can Someone Get A Divorce Through Welfare by luchilite(f): 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
howdy y'all my hubby is currently filing 4 divorce in welfare dept. We're currently separated and together we've a son but we dn't see any chemistry btw us so we but opted 4 a divorce 2 preserve friendship so am askn is it possible 2 get a divorce tru welfare?
Re: Help!!! Can Someone Get A Divorce Through Welfare by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 24, 2012
Even though your writing makes it difficult to understand what you mean (please write in clear English), What welfare does is sort out the custody of the child, welfare arrangement and if there is physical abuse sort it out.
Only the Courts can grant a divorce, the Social welfare department handles issues arising from the divorce, custody, welfare of the child and spouse who is determined to be the offended party but it does not grant divorce. It only sorts out messy issues in colloboration with the court.
Re: Help!!! Can Someone Get A Divorce Through Welfare by luchilite(f): 11:44am On Sep 25, 2012
thanx alot debrif 08, how do we go about d divorce process ? Any body with ideas can share ciao
Re: Help!!! Can Someone Get A Divorce Through Welfare by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
Get a Lawyer, go to court and file a petition, if both parties agree to the divorce then there is no issue.
Off point though, have you tried counseling? The court will ask that and give you time to go and try to amicably resolve the issue before it goes further. It takes up to 2 years before a divorce becomes final, by then the court will have been satisfied that all the means of settlement has been tried.
I know this is not part of the information you asked for but if there is no infidelity or physical abuse involved try an independent counselor, not a church counselor, make an effort, dont rush into divorce, it is a life decision, one you both have to live with everyday

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Father Chains His Blind, Mentally Ill Son In A Cave / Child Friendly Apps - Android and iOS / Man Divorces Wife For Keeping Bad Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.