Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

I Need Advice On Starting A New Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Advice On Starting A New Business (696 Views)

Need Help And Advice On Starting Risk Managment/private Security Company Nigeria / Help!:Info required on starting a bakery in Lagos / Tips On Starting A Small Scale Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On Starting A New Business by joyugbaje: 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
Hi , i am trying to start a business involving babies/children wears, female dresses and accessories/make-up. i'm however having cold feet in making up my mind to go into it. my plan is to buy things here in the united states and send them home to my mum and sister in nigeria. i need help in making up my mind about this,please your candid advise will be highly appreciated.
Re: I Need Advice On Starting A New Business by yofakconcept(m): 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
Its really a good business since you are in the place to buy those materials. The fact that some people are not successful in the business does not mean you can not succeed as well.

1 What you need is that find people who are already in that business to advice you before u venture into it

2 Call your people here in nigeria or where ever to help you make inquires about it

3 you need commitment as well, it may take a time before you make good profit so you need to be patient

4 Finally you need a small website to promote your goods online, i can help you on this

Regards
Adeyemo Ajiboye
ceo www.ayisblog.com
www.yofak.com
www.ayishost.com
www.createhelp..com
Re: I Need Advice On Starting A New Business by esere826: 8:45pm On Sep 25, 2012
@OP

Not a bad idea,
..But what is your business' USP?
What is your financial aim for the business?

Not loosing money is one of the best business strategies
You won't loose money if you buy stuff at good cost price and sell at a 'none shocking' sales price to nigerians. Babies are born everyday.

This should allay your fears

Other questions are:
-Can your mum and sister extract good bargains?
-can they ensure that payments are collected from customers?
-can they be trusted to hold on to money without 'borrowing' it from u etc?
-have u considered cost for logistics, transporting the good to Nigeria and getting mum and ur sis to move them around?
-What is your risk appetite?

I don't know u, but if I am permitted to make assumptions about you based on your post, i would say ur a newbie to business. So suggest that you start small. After the first lifecycle, u can apply the the lessons learnt and experience in an increased investment

Best wishes

(1) (Reply)

A Business For Those Who Want To Go Into The Oil And Gas Industry / Difference Between Fundamental And Technical Trading Analyses / Serious And Genuine Oil Industry Players Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.