Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,190 members, 7,957,446 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:44 PM

Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? (6150 Views)

Olu Maintain, Of "yahoozee" Fame, Loses Home / Nigerian President Celebrates 'Yahoozee' Song / Yahoozee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by alaskaa(m): 5:29pm On Jan 15, 2008
Hello nairalanders i heared the famous Opera Winfrey in one of her talk shows said that nigerians are celebrating FRAUD (aka Yahoo)because of one of our own Nigeria artiste making waves currently(Mr Olu Maintain)on his track Yahoozee.
  Well i don't see what the fuss is all about at  least there are artiste abroad too who sing about Drugs,prostitution,Gangsters and voilence etc, , They are even worst,they are not good examples them selves. if she doen't understand the meaning of the song people should make her understand and stop dragging the name of our precious country in the mud.thanks
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by youngdigi(m): 8:50pm On Jan 15, 2008
that is a fictional story, for goodness sakes, pls nigerians stop spreading rumors if u have no credible source
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by kelvin(m): 10:49pm On Jan 15, 2008
I really don't understand the song myself. But if Oprah has a problem with it, she will just have to chill, cause it is pumping.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by jerrymania(m): 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2008
alaskaa:

Hello nairalanders i heared the famous Opera Winfrey in one of her talk shows said that nigerians are celebrating FRAUD (aka Yahoo)because of one of our own Nigeria artiste making waves currently(Mr Olu Maintain)on his track Yahoozee.
Well i don't see what the fuss is all about at least there are artiste abroad too who sing about Drugs,prostitution,Gangsters etc, They are even worst,they are not good examples them selves. if she doen't understand the meaning of the song people should make her understand and stop dragging the name of our precious country in the mud.thanks

MAGA MADE MUGU grin
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by Femex(m): 4:06pm On Jan 16, 2008
Hi guys. Can someone please explain the whole oprah thing and the yahoozee song. What exactly did she say about the song, where did she hear it and who explained to her what the song was about? Please some clarity, thanx
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by Hugoboi(m): 4:12pm On Jan 16, 2008
If Oprah is gonna be making an issue outta the yahooze song,then i earnestly think that will be too hypocritical of her because the American music culture is all predicated on sx,drugs,guns and violence.if she;s gonna make a fuss about fraud ,then i think she needs her head examined
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by jerrymania(m): 10:40pm On Jan 16, 2008
Femex:

Hi guys. Can someone please explain the whole oprah thing and the yahoozee song. What exactly did she say about the song, where did she hear it and who explained to her what the song was about? Please some clarity, thanx

Hugoboi:

If Oprah is going to be making an issue out of the yahooze song,then i earnestly think that will be too hypocritical of her because the American music culture is all predicated on sx,drugs,guns and violence.if she;s going to make a fuss about fraud ,then i think she needs her head examined

Stop carrying rumours
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by OdyOdy(m): 11:19pm On Jan 17, 2008
No rumour! saw it in the national dailies last year.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by Uzzyan: 11:58pm On Jan 17, 2008
Please try a get us the link abeg.
I think all our dailies now have sites undecided undecided
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by zigbo(f): 3:12am On Jan 24, 2008
oprah said all nigerians are fraud stars and that was long before "yahooze" so wat the hell y'all on about. i bet she has never heard abt the song,y'all just keep adding salt and pepper.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by rotimiorims(m): 11:40am On Feb 14, 2008
i didn't see the episode but let's be fair, who does not make generalizations?

1. Yahooze is one of the best musical compositions i've heard in a long time in Naija, but does that mean that internet crime is cool?

2. No one can drag Nigeria's name deeper into the mud than our own rulers are already doing. The effect of Oprah's comments on the name of Nigeria is like a droplet of water compared to the Floods that come through the actions of men like Adedibu, Chris Uba, Tafa Balogun, Babangida, and Obasanjo, Plus the failure of the Nigerian masses to adequately honor living heroes like Adams Oshiomole, Gani Fawehinmi and Festus Keyamo indirectly means we want our name to remain in the mud.

3. The majority of youths lining in the street where i live are internet fraudsters, and they loudly brag about it.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by vowiski(m): 7:19am On Feb 17, 2008
alaskaa:

Well i don't see what the fuss is all about at  least there are artiste abroad too who sing about Drugs,prostitution,Gangsters and voilence etc, , They are even worst,they are not good examples them selves. if she doen't understand the meaning of the song people should make her understand and stop dragging the name of our precious country in the mud.thanks
have a BREAK! have a KiT kaT
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by jgirl3: 7:29am On Feb 17, 2008
Oprah has intense issues with naija. For some strange reason, I think she's just out to make the rest of the world hate naija. Apparently, we're the worst African country in her books. The annoying thing is that her disciples worship her word and therefore, they would hate Nigeria too. Bunch of mindless idiots who believe that their country is all that.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by vowiski(m): 4:28pm On Feb 17, 2008
j-girl:

Oprah has intense issues with naija. For some strange reason, I think she's just out to make the rest of the world hate naija. Apparently, we're the worst African country in her books. The annoying thing is that her disciples worship her word and therefore, they would hate Nigeria too. Bunch of mindless idiots who believe that their country is all that.
na lie b4?
how can somebody sing trash and everybody is sreaming 'yahoozeee'?
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by woodboi(m): 1:54pm On Feb 18, 2008
vowiski why don't you keep doing the talking while the guy do the working.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by vowiski(m): 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2008
woodboi:

vowiski why don't you keep doing the talking while the guy do the working.
wHo cares'?
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by DCONE1(m): 5:59pm On Feb 18, 2008
make det old woman do die self
angry
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by ladebi(m): 1:22am On Feb 19, 2008
vowiski:

na lie before?
how can somebody sing trash and everybody is sreaming 'yahoozeee'?Are you a human or you were vomitted by a goat.

Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by MP007(m): 3:39am On Feb 19, 2008
where is your link?
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by rotimiorims(m): 10:27am On Feb 21, 2008
Its TRUE that many American artistes (mainly rappers and rockstars) promote worse things in their lyrics than Yahoozee. with That i agree.
Yet, this issue of ''spoiling'' Nigerias image.

1. Oprah has had feuds with rappers with negative lyrics as well. In 2005 she ambushed ludacris on her show. click these: http://baleta..com/2006/05/oprah-winfrey-vs-ludacris-50-cent-and.html, and http://rap.about.com/b/2006/05/27/hip-hop-vs-oprah-ice-cube-joins-50-cent-and-ludacris.htm

2. A person or a nation's image is something that is seen with the eyes, so words or comments cannot do much in changing the appearance of an image. Nigeria will appear to outsiders the way they see us.It does not matter haw many bad things Oprah says about us, or how many good things Mrs Ngozie okonjo-Iweala says about us. What is there is what people will see.

the American people (on the internet, in their own movies, etc) are the most viscious CRITICS of the US GOVT. and president Bush. And this is what makes me love their country so much, because it helps them to take correction and improve and change.

3. I've always said that the first pictures of any nation are its Rulers. So if any one of you is still concerned about how Oyinbo people are looking at us, then think seriously about ur role on election day.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by sunnykiss(m): 4:09pm On Feb 19, 2009
Oprah had sponsored an hour-long programme, which ran for several days on CNN, with the sole aim of exposing the clever tricks espoused by this group of Nigerians to con their victims.

Much has been said about the greed of the victimes themselves, and I need not say more about it. However, at a time when Americans are commiting heinous crimes against children and women, nobody has tagged all Americans as murderous. So, why call all Nigerians rogues because of the sin of a few bad eggs?

Oprah regularly tells her life story: how she was sexually abused by close relations, how she 'walked the streets' (Americans' euphemism for prostitution). etc., but nobody has ever deemed it fit to tag all American men as incestuous because of Oprah and other' experiences.

She did drugs - just like the typical American teenager, but nobody has cast all American youths in the mould of drug abusers!

So, why should an individual that is supposed to know better sentence a nation to odium for the infraction of a tiny fraction of its population?

I urge Oprah and her likes to disabuse their minds abouts Nigerians. Be wary of requests for money from strangers, and if you fall for a scam, blame your greed and not Nigerians.

Her papa, grin grin grin
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by mrmetoo1: 4:29pm On Feb 19, 2009
sunnykiss:

Oprah had sponsored an hour-long programme, which ran for several days on CNN, with the sole aim of exposing the clever tricks espoused by this group of Nigerians to con their victims.

Much has been said about the greed of the victimes themselves, and I need not say more about it. However, at a time when Americans are commiting heinous crimes against children and women, nobody has tagged all Americans as murderous. So, why call all Nigerians rogues because of the sin of a few bad eggs?

Oprah regularly tells her life story: how she was sexually abused by close relations, how she 'walked the streets' (Americans' euphemism for prostitution). etc., but nobody has ever deemed it fit to tag all American men as incestuous because of Oprah and other' experiences.

She did drugs - just like the typical American teenager, but nobody has cast all American youths in the mould of drug abusers!

So, why should an individual that is supposed to know better sentence a nation to odium for the infraction of a tiny fraction of its population?

I urge Oprah and her likes to disabuse their minds abouts Nigerians. Be wary of requests for money from strangers, and if you fall for a scam, blame your greed and not Nigerians.

Her papa, grin grin grin

Oprah sponsored an hour long programme on CNN First off that doesn't even sound right and I don't think I have seen such programme b4. Pls when this thing air and what was the title? I would really love to do my research cos I'm really interested in watching this programme
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by pureminded: 4:35pm On Feb 19, 2009
Dont even know what to say , is better i just go, sorry 4 disturbing this thread,
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by rotimiorims(m): 2:26am On Feb 20, 2009
@sunnykiss

Ok its very erroneous for her ta say that all Nigerians are scammers, if indeed she said that.

But on the issue of the US and its pedophiles and drug addicts, the difference is that their leaders, responsible celebs, you know people in levels of influence always come forward to condenm such behavior publicly. they always react to show the world hoe they feel about such things, even if the younger, rascal population love it.

I never saw or see any Nigerian in any level even so much as criticize the negative message in Yahooze, or even the new one " maga, don pay, shout, blasphemy"

Lets face it, honour or integrity is not such a popular thing in our society, even if we have fewer rapists, and drug fiends, and prostitutes, and deviants.

but one thing is sure, we definitely have more GREEDY idiots over here.

Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by sugabelle: 5:22am On Feb 20, 2009
maintain sang it, kelly handsome sang it, even nkem owoh sang it. Is it a positive image to portray? Maybe not, but the "mugu" songs always sound so freaking good!!
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by rotimiorims(m): 11:14pm On Feb 22, 2009
yeah they do sound good, don't they?

, Nkem who?!
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by jadestar: 9:50am On Feb 23, 2009
This whole thing is a myth. I doubt Oprah ever heard the song. In fact I doubt she can name more than 3 current hip hop tracks much less one from Nigeria. It's really not her thing. She is more likely to listen to Enya than 50 cent.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by UNLEASHED(m): 9:21pm On Feb 24, 2009
What's the source of this?
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by rotimiorims(m): 12:13am On Feb 25, 2009
@ Jadestar,

actually Oprah said herself that she loves Jay Z and Kanye. And yes she did say she has 50 Cent's in da club on her iPod. I got that info, when the Hip Hop world was beefing her for this same reason. However she has also said she hates the lyrics that glorify drugs and debase women.

But if it's a myth, i'm not 100% sure. I didn't see the episode where she criticizes Yahooze myself, but i tend to believe it cos many people i know say they saw it.
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by Shaz(f): 12:21am On Feb 25, 2009
I can bet my left shoe this news is stale.
Meanwhile, is this thread meant to be here or in the celebrities childboard? Hmn. .
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by zigbo(f): 12:54pm On Mar 02, 2009
are u guys still on this stale dumb rubbish??
Re: Oprah Winfrey Whats The Fuss About Yahoozee ? by darequam(m): 1:45pm On Mar 02, 2009
Verysoon Olu would put it in is next wack song that Opera is beefn her,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ice Prince - MORE [official Video] / Old Skool Nigerian Music, Please Be Sure To Add your Own / New Single: Download G'iyaz - I Was

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.