Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net (11774 Views)

Police Arrest Lagos, Ogun Bank Robberies’ Coordinator (pictured) / 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies In 2015 (with Photos) / Borno Police Recover Money & Arms From 11 Suspects In Maiduguri (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by segunjowo(m): 4:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
I hate it when I read confessional statements siting 'lack of money to further education' as the reason they joined armed robbery gang! I say it is a matter of the choice you make in life that turns you into an armed robber. My advice to YOU reading this: never join an armed robbery gang for any reason whatsoever. You have a better choice, no matter your condition. Your destiny is in your hands.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by seedord247(m): 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
I just wanna check their name if they are fron southwest. sad

1 Like

Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by Foxybone(m): 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
I keep seeing lots of hidden posts... Choi...

Come to think about it... This robbers are robbing in Lagos when we have Boko-Haram killing in the north... They Should better direct their fire power to the north and kill them boko-harams.... sad sad sad
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by guvna(m): 4:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
Take them to court, if found guilty, Hang them ASAP!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by obowunmi(m): 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2012
These arms will find its way back to criminals.
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by yinchar(m): 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
The names of the robbers are:
Uche Okeagbu (23)
Emmanuel Ezeani (23)
Chinonso Nwuaugwu (23).

Am not saying anything ...... just listing out the names, you decide yourself. They killed 3 Policemen, and almost killed a small child.
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by wandeay: 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2012
[font size=70pt]Jesus![/font] that pix is scary!
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by xtivin(m): 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2012
omg...so na these guyz scatter okene one innocent afternoon,killing people......time-up dudez[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by lacasa: 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
The 3 names ave something in Common grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by GCRS87: 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2012
Apart from tip off police can't search and arrest robbers. Anyway dem try sha.
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
yinchar: The names of the robbers are:
Uche Okeagbu (23)
Emmanuel Ezeani (23)
Chinonso Nwuaugwu (23).

Am not saying anything ...... just listing out the names, you decide yourself. They killed 3 Policemen, and almost killed a small child.

I am not surprised at their names. Very similar to Cynthias killers
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by Revealedtv(m): 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
800k, 800k, 500k...everyday for the thief, one day for the NPF. How were they able to act with impunity throughout these regions?
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by maninmood(m): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
aishatua1: Lagos robberies: Three suspects in police net

September 26, 2012 by Comfort Oseghale and Eniola Akinkuotu 103 Comments

Three armed robbery suspects-Uche Okeagbu, Emmanuel Ezeani and Chinonso Nwuangwu-have been arrested by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Lagos, in connection with the September 9, 2012 robberies in the state, which left three policemen and a civilian dead.

The suspects were arrested at their Ajangbadi hideout on September 23 following a tip-off.

The suspects were said to members of a much larger group, which had about three weeks ago, carried out simultaneous robberies in Gbagada, Agege, Anthony, Ojodu, Itire, Ikeja and Ilasamaja areas of the state.

It was learnt that after 23-year-old Okeagbu was arrested, his confession led to the recovery of a large cache of ammunition, one rocket propel grenade launcher, 225 AK 47 magazines fully-loaded, over 10,000 rounds of AK 47 live ammunition, two general purpose machine guns, 260 rounds of GPMG live ammunition, five dynamite with detonator and nine AK 47 rifles.

A self employed oil dealer before his foray into armed robbery, Okeagbu told PUNCH METRO that he was once based in Port Harcourt.

He said, “I was an oil dealer in Port Harcourt before a friend introduced me to this gang. I have been with them for a while and during the time, I went with them for four operations in Ibadan where I got N500,000 as my share. Another was in Uyo where I got N800, 000. I also got N800, 000 for the First Bank robbery at Share, Kwara State and N100,000 for the Lagos robbery. All these took place this year.

“In all these operations, the targets were banks which we robbed successfully. I never went with the group into the banks. I always stayed back with the driver in the car because I was scared but I didn’t go with the gang when they raided Lagos three weeks ago.”

A SARS team led by, Mr. Abba Kyari, found the gang’s armoury in two Volkswagen buses with registration numbers LSD 467 AR and AGL 506 XB, parked at Okeagbu’s residence at Ajangbadi.

Also, Nwuangwu said he took part in four robbery operations at Diamond Bank, Akure, in Ondo State, UBA, Osogbo in Osun State, GTB Okene, in Kogi State and Skyebank, Auchi, in Edo State.

The 23year-old said, “I was merely the driver of the vehicles. I just drove them to whereever they had an operation. I used to be an oil dealer in Port Harcourt before I joined the gang but I have stopped going with them for operations for a while now.”

The Commissioner of Police, Mr. Umar Manko, said the suspects were members of the gang that terrorised Lagos about three weeks ago.

Manko said, “After the Lagos operation, the group proceeded to Ilorin where they robbed a bank and attacked a police station. We are still on the trail of the remaining members of the gang.

“Apart from the arms and ammunition recovered, we also seized a Toyota Camry belonging to the gang. The car was fitted with sensors and camera. That way, the robbers could monitor whatever was going on behind them.

“I would also like to say that since the September 9 robbery operations that the command has not recorded any other robbery incident. There have been robbery attempts in several parts of the state but these have been quelled by the police.

“I encourage the public to continue to come forward with useful information of any suspicious activity around them because that was how we got information on these suspects.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-robberies-three-suspects-in-police-net/

It's only when they are caught with their misdemeanor they act out of their way thinking they will get pardon. Imagine a 23-year-old armed robber saying he was once a oil dealer in Port-harcourt before venturing into armed robbery business. Can you ask that thief that when did he start being an oil-dealer! Laughing at 'I used to be with the driver cuz I was so scared' Was that supposed to be a pleading statement? This will serve as a deterrent to intending armed robbers!
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 26, 2012
Hello everyone. I believe that we can make comments without being so sentimental and tribalistic. Why should we make comments that would be hidden and still get us banned?
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by bashr8: 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
Police foil robberies, arrest three in Lagos
PUNCH NEWSPAPER August 20, 2012 by Eniola Akinkuotu
The suspects

Policemen attached to Bode Thomas Division, Lagos State, on Sunday foiled two robbery incidents in Surulere and arrested three suspects in the process.
PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspects were operating about 8:30am when a resident sent a distress call to the police.
Our correspondent, who visited the area, learnt that the Divisional Police Officer, Bode Thomas, Mr. Bode Ojajuni, led policemen to the scene and arrested one of the suspects identified as Lekan Jamiu.
The residents said the other two suspects, Lukman Bioku and Dare Johnson, immediately ran into a nearby compound.
They said when the policemen chased the suspects, they (suspects) jumped over the fence into another compound.
It was gathered that when the robbers entered the compound, they held one of the occupants hostage, threatening to kill the victim if he alerted the police of their presence.
It was learnt that in their bid to escape from the compound, they took clothes which had been spread on a line and wore them. They were about escaping when the policemen arrested them.
A resident, who preferred anonymity, said, “As the robbers kept jumping from fence to fence, the policemen pretended to have left the scene so that the robbers would think the coast was clear.

“After the robbers had changed their clothes, they were about escaping when the policemen arrested them.”
The incident was said to have caused pandemonium as the residents almost lynched the suspects before the policemen saved them.
A landlord in the area, who declined to give his name, said he was impressed by the manner the police displayed professionalism, noting that robbers usually chose festive periods or weekends to unleash mayhem on the area.
He said, “It seems the new modus operandi of these robbers is to attack on Sundays when people are careless as regards security or festive periods when people entertain many guests.
“I was really impressed with the way the police handled the situation. The three suspects were arrested and they did not succeed in robbing any of us.”
The spokesperson for the state Police Command, Ngozi Braide, confirmed the incident.
She said the command was not resting on its oars in fighting crime, adding that the beefing up of security was not only during festive periods but beyond.
She said, “The Bode Thomas Police Station received a distress call that robbers were operating. So the DPO led his men to the scene. On seeing the policemen, the robbers opened fire but one was immediately arrested while two others escaped.
“The two, who escaped, jumped over a fence into a compound, held the occupants hostage and changed their clothes so that they would not be easily identified by the police but they were arrested and a locally-made pistol was recovered from them.”
Meanwhile, the Bode Thomas Police Division also foiled another robbery attempt at Adisa Badua Street, Surulere. The robbers had attempted to snatch a black Toyota RAV 4 with number plate NT427KJA but abandoned the operation on sighting the policemen.

PUNCH Metro learnt that efforts were being made to arrest the fleeing suspects while the car was taken to the station.
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 26, 2012
Revealedtv: How were they able to act with impunity throughout these regions?
With those amounts of ammunitions and bullets, they can rob successfully anywhere in naija.
When the police are just given one magazine with just maybe 5 rounds left in it, how can they tackle these guyz. It is well.
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by Booty4me: 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
sad
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by Pennywise(m): 6:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
This SP Abba Kyari is becoming sth of a celebrity crime buster and a legend. The guy uses his brain, thinks fast and he has consistently delivered (on robbers cheesy). Which makes him equally a target to the underworld by reason of those wanting to extract retribution or simply to get him out of the way. He needs resources in sufficient amount to ensure his personal security and also to build and motivate a trusted team.

Unless this is done and in a very short while he will be dead like many before him- sold out by elements within the police itself.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by Okijajuju1(m): 6:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
aishatua1: Lagos robberies: Three suspects in police net

September 26, 2012 by Comfort Oseghale and Eniola Akinkuotu 103 Comments

Three armed robbery suspects-Uche Okeagbu, Emmanuel Ezeani and Chinonso Nwuangwu-have been arrested by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Lagos, in connection with the September 9, 2012 robberies in the state, which left three policemen and a civilian dead.

The suspects were arrested at their Ajangbadi hideout on September 23 following a tip-off.

The suspects were said to members of a much larger group, which had about three weeks ago, carried out simultaneous robberies in Gbagada, Agege, Anthony, Ojodu, Itire, Ikeja and Ilasamaja areas of the state.

It was learnt that after 23-year-old Okeagbu was arrested, his confession led to the recovery of [size=18pt]a large cache of ammunition[/size], one rocket propel grenade launcher, [size=14pt] 225 AK-47 Magazines fully-loaded, over 10,000 rounds of AK 47 live ammunition,[/size] [size=16pt]two general purpose machine guns, 260 rounds of GPMG live ammunition,[/size] five dynamite with detonator and nine AK 47 rifles.

A self employed oil dealer before his foray into armed robbery, Okeagbu told PUNCH METRO that he was once based in Port Harcourt.

He said, “I was an oil dealer in Port Harcourt before a friend introduced me to this gang. I have been with them for a while and during the time, I went with them for four operations in Ibadan where I got N500,000 as my share. Another was in Uyo where I got N800, 000. I also got N800, 000 for the First Bank robbery at Share, Kwara State and N100,000 for the Lagos robbery. All these took place this year.

“In all these operations, the targets were banks which we robbed successfully. I never went with the group into the banks. I always stayed back with the driver in the car because I was scared but I didn’t go with the gang when they raided Lagos three weeks ago.”

A SARS team led by, Mr. Abba Kyari, found the gang’s armoury in two Volkswagen buses with registration numbers LSD 467 AR and AGL 506 XB, parked at Okeagbu’s residence at Ajangbadi.

Also, Nwuangwu said he took part in four robbery operations at Diamond Bank, Akure, in Ondo State, UBA, Osogbo in Osun State, GTB Okene, in Kogi State and Skyebank, Auchi, in Edo State.

The 23year-old said, “I was merely the driver of the vehicles. I just drove them to whereever they had an operation. I used to be an oil dealer in Port Harcourt before I joined the gang but I have stopped going with them for operations for a while now.”

The Commissioner of Police, Mr. Umar Manko, said the suspects were members of the gang that terrorised Lagos about three weeks ago.

Manko said, “After the Lagos operation, the group proceeded to Ilorin where they robbed a bank and attacked a police station. We are still on the trail of the remaining members of the gang.

“Apart from the arms and ammunition recovered, we also seized a Toyota Camry belonging to the gang. The car was fitted with sensors and camera. That way, the robbers could monitor whatever was going on behind them.

“I would also like to say that since the September 9 robbery operations that the command has not recorded any other robbery incident. There have been robbery attempts in several parts of the state but these have been quelled by the police.

“I encourage the public to continue to come forward with useful information of any suspicious activity around them because that was how we got information on these suspects.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-robberies-three-suspects-in-police-net/

Dear God!! May my path & that of these kind of people never cross.. Even soldiers sef no dey get these kind weapon stash!!
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by kingsceemark(m): 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2012
CyberG: Hope iboz now see all their empty chest-beating is usually based on crimes, since they must get money before December when they can go back to iboland villages to show off their wealth. They would pretend like the have major investments, infrastructure, companies, etc in other parts of Nigeria whereas it is usually petty trading HEAVILY supplemented and founded by proceeds of crimes like robbery, killings, drug peddling, etc. I am just stating the facts without any political correctness here. Of most of the peoples in Nigeria, they put money ahead of everything else. In the SW, it is generally known that being rich does not accord you any special privileges so far as others can feed themselves and don't rely on your money and you treat them with decency and respect; you will get much respect and regard back. In the north, the rich ones dash out money to the poorer ones to feed but do not insult them or rob it in their faces; they see it as part of their Allah's commandment. In iboland, without money you are NOTHING really, less than a human and will be treated like an animal if a rich man wanted to so do. This is why everyone will do anything for money even if they will be killed on a dime. In SW, a rich young man when he sees just middle class or less wealthy older folks must accord them respect and prostrate for them. Such old men would usually pray for such young men who respect their culture and regard their elders. In iboland, a rich or poor man will rape their grandmothers, rape their young girls and sisters, kill themselves when their is any conflict. This is reality speaking from experience and if you have not lived in iboland, go and live there first before you come here to comment. One day I was traveling from Imo state (just leaving or coming into Orlu or so) and I saw a gathering of people suggesting something was obviously wrong. Guess what? It was killed babies (twins or triplets) laid on the ground, I faced front as I could barely look! sad sad
You don win award clap for yourself. We don notice you. Next charpter.
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by fm7070: 6:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
these guys are determined dare devils
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by sbeezy8: 6:32pm On Sep 26, 2012
bashr8: Police foil robberies, arrest three in Lagos
PUNCH NEWSPAPER August 20, 2012 by Eniola Akinkuotu
The suspects

Policemen attached to Bode Thomas Division, Lagos State, on Sunday foiled two robbery incidents in Surulere and arrested three suspects in the process.
PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspects were operating about 8:30am when a resident sent a distress call to the police.
Our correspondent, who visited the area, learnt that the Divisional Police Officer, Bode Thomas, Mr. Bode Ojajuni, led policemen to the scene and arrested one of the suspects identified as Lekan Jamiu.
The residents said the other two suspects, Lukman Bioku and Dare Johnson, immediately ran into a nearby compound.
They said when the policemen chased the suspects, they (suspects) jumped over the fence into another compound.
It was gathered that when the robbers entered the compound, they held one of the occupants hostage, threatening to kill the victim if he alerted the police of their presence.
It was learnt that in their bid to escape from the compound, they took clothes which had been spread on a line and wore them. They were about escaping when the policemen arrested them.
A resident, who preferred anonymity, said, “As the robbers kept jumping from fence to fence, the policemen pretended to have left the scene so that the robbers would think the coast was clear.

“After the robbers had changed their clothes, they were about escaping when the policemen arrested them.”
The incident was said to have caused pandemonium as the residents almost lynched the suspects before the policemen saved them.
A landlord in the area, who declined to give his name, said he was impressed by the manner the police displayed professionalism, noting that robbers usually chose festive periods or weekends to unleash mayhem on the area.
He said, “It seems the new modus operandi of these robbers is to attack on Sundays when people are careless as regards security or festive periods when people entertain many guests.
“I was really impressed with the way the police handled the situation. The three suspects were arrested and they did not succeed in robbing any of us.”
The spokesperson for the state Police Command, Ngozi Braide, confirmed the incident.
She said the command was not resting on its oars in fighting crime, adding that the beefing up of security was not only during festive periods but beyond.
She said, “The Bode Thomas Police Station received a distress call that robbers were operating. So the DPO led his men to the scene. On seeing the policemen, the robbers opened fire but one was immediately arrested while two others escaped.
“The two, who escaped, jumped over a fence into a compound, held the occupants hostage and changed their clothes so that they would not be easily identified by the police but they were arrested and a locally-made pistol was recovered from them.”
Meanwhile, the Bode Thomas Police Division also foiled another robbery attempt at Adisa Badua Street, Surulere. The robbers had attempted to snatch a black Toyota RAV 4 with number plate NT427KJA but abandoned the operation on sighting the policemen.

PUNCH Metro learnt that efforts were being made to arrest the fleeing suspects while the car was taken to the station.

robbers are allover Nigeria but I dont expect a yoruba armed robber to terrorize the North or Southeast.
If they did everyone will be sayin yorobbers blah blah

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by petipeti: 6:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
Jst to let bokoharam knw say them be moimoi. If we start our own hmmm.
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by sammirano: 6:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
All these bad boys are at large now, and they need to be cubed
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by emekaude1: 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
Those guns should be ivestigated to knw where they got it from. Police una well don, kill them by hanging there legs up so that they die slowly.
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by ijebabe: 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2012
sexkillz: Hello everyone. I believe that we can make comments without being so sentimental and tribalistic. Why should we make comments that would be hidden and still get us banned?
I hate this section but babe this comment got me loling grin grin grin
Ciao!
Re: Lagos Robberies: Three Suspects In Police Net by emekaude1: 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2012
Wahala you de fin wahala you go getooooooo una don enter to comot no easy hahahaha eeeeeei police una don try promotion for all of una.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Arrest Pastor For Kidnapping 11-year-old Boy / Lagos Police Debunk Reports Of An Attack On Ikorodu Police Station / RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.