Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Retail Business Idea For Lagos. -Can You Make It Work? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Retail Business Idea For Lagos. -Can You Make It Work? (2244 Views)

E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. / Business Idea For Nigerians (Virgin Ideas) / What Is The Zip Code For Lagos Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Retail Business Idea For Lagos. -Can You Make It Work? by esere826: 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
Hi guys,

I spent some time in Lagos recently and noticed a gap yearning to be explored.
In 1004 estate, situated at VI close to the law school, there are no retail outlets in that space. I had to go all the way to Shoprite to get my purchases. This is quite strange

Lets do some modest maths here.
-1004 estate should imply that there are at least a 1000 middle class folks in the estate
-If each person is able to give you a profit of at least 100 naira a month,
>> then u would be making nothing less that 1 million naira per month

-if each person gives you a profit of 1000 naira per month
>> this should fetch you at least 10 million naira marging per month

-if each flat has 2 spenders, each giving 1000 naira a month
>> this should fetch you some 20 million naira per month

Me thinks if you're conversant with the space, you could do a drive around the estate and its adjoinings to better understand what I'm talking about.

...Cheers

1 Like

Re: Retail Business Idea For Lagos. -Can You Make It Work? by yamakuza: 8:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
Do you mean there are no kiosks and street traders?

Before 1004 was sold, there was a shopping complex or several in it.

I'm sure the new owners have plans for that, [s]and kiosks/street traders might not be part of their plans[/s]
Re: Retail Business Idea For Lagos. -Can You Make It Work? by esere826: 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
yamakuza: Do you mean there are no kiosks and street traders?

Before 1004 was sold, there was a shopping complex or several in it.

I'm sure the new owners have plans for that, [s]and kiosks/street traders might not be part of their plans[/s]

I dont know much about the history of the place, but I did see kiosks and some street traders omly outside the gates.
I however discovered that they set high prices for my pals and I. maybe dem think say we be oyibo.

There was so much missing from these little kiosks. I still think that the place provides an excellent retail oppurtunity, that is if the estate owners eventually don't create a competition
Re: Retail Business Idea For Lagos. -Can You Make It Work? by esere826: 9:18am On Apr 07, 2013
I hear that someone has now built a large retail shop close to 1004 in VI Lagos
Narrowing the very market gap that I drew readers attention to

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dealer And Distributor For Sunking Solar Lantern And Luminous Inverters&battery. / How To Open A UK Bank Account? / Lets Do This And Make Money Together In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.