Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:20 AM

A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) (50395 Views)

A Man's Friendship With A Crocodile / Picture Of Python Killed In A Flooded House In Yenagoa / Life Goes On In flooded Lagos(hearty Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by lilpervert(m): 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
undecidedThis photoshop scares me. So someone could make me look ugly undecided. I reject it
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by uyilicious(f): 9:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
shocked shocked :oThe thing looks real
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by Bollique: 9:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
doublecross: This ppic is a fake. That thing doesn't look like a crocodile to me. I think it's photo shopping.

Must U comment? Photo shopping!
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by caleb2k(m): 9:48pm On Sep 26, 2012
l dn't know y some pple think it is a funny story or joke. Ds flood in makurdi & animals found in it are 4 real. Am live in makurdi & l c al ds, no b story. Benue brewery is nw river benue, almost half of d factory is inside d river.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2012
fittty: Photoshop undecided who'll wait to take a pic of a moving crocodile in the flood? No one!
u no trust naija...na frm aircraft or make i call am witchcraft
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by caleb2k(m): 10:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
l dn't know y some pple think it is a funny story or joke. Ds flood in makurdi & animals found in it are 4 real. Am live in makurdi & l c al ds, no b story. Benue brewery is nw river benue, almost half of d factory is inside d river. This is d new look of benue brewery. What can u say abt ds?

Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by ORAFA(m): 10:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
GCRS87: Omo see meat dey waste, i trust tiv people na cuz dey lyk meat very well. Dey would be happy seeing dat crocodile dia. It'll go with poundo
Bros how we 4 do na? Na meat be way 4ward at a time sha. I didnt see d croc live so I cant say if its photoshoped or not(besides am browsing wit a low screen resolution fone ryt now), but I can [b]authoritatively[b] tell u guys dat I saw hippos(about 11) and snakes at different spots. Dont guess I saw dem alone, many people did. But since it was at a distance, we culdnt take clear pictures. The floods are bad. There was also a case of a woman who drowned wit her baby tied to her back. The floods leave woes and cries.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
stagger: Na wa o!

You no know say crocodile dey chop human being?

Is that why you would let it run away. Can a crocodile run faster than a man on dry ground
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by olabodeolaniya(m): 11:59pm On Sep 26, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]Na God go save us o
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by omenka(m): 12:28am On Sep 27, 2012
It is real. Seen a coupla them myself.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by omenka(m): 12:32am On Sep 27, 2012
To all those sayin the pix was photoshoped, I pity una. I can only say u guys demonstrate what I call The Down Side of Enlightenment. Those of us down here know beta than to say the picture is fake. About a week into the floodin, just oposite the Judges Quarters, there were all manner of reptiles in the flood waters. Yours truely spoted three real big snakes swimmin their way to safety just outside the house I almost rented six months ago! Right now only the roof is visible! For those of us living in High Level n Ankpa qtrs area n beyond, we are safe but around the Gboko road axis and Wadata area with some parts of North bank (includin the golf course), sights like this have become an evryday affair. I have some of the pictures in my fone but don't undastand why they arnt uploading. Believe it or not, this is as real as it gets.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by tpia5: 2:49am On Sep 27, 2012
i think its photoshop because as someone pointed out, the croc's body is not pushing the water away from it. The ripples do not match the picture.

Besides, i have a similar photo which i downloaded yesterday to another site.

i might post it on nl if i'm so inclined.

anyway, i'll compare the two.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by kaeto(m): 2:59am On Sep 27, 2012
nedu2000: Its "photoshopped".......checkout the ripples around d 'crocodile'
if thats your case then you ve failed woefully . The wave were well sent from the body of the animal in a circular pattern but have been thrown back on hitting the walls of the fence,just like light reflects when it hits an opaque lustrous body, simple physics, the waves are in perfect order with the object generating the ripples.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by tpia5: 3:10am On Sep 27, 2012
^no, you're wrong.

the croc's head should be pushing the ripples back towards the body.

likewise the impetus of the croc's body pushing through the water, should have created a different ripple effect.

wait, let me check the picture i have, to see if it was copied from there.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by tpia5: 3:16am On Sep 27, 2012
ok, finding it hard to upload the photo.

so, i'll still observe this particular picture.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by Abbycite(m): 5:03am On Sep 27, 2012
Photoshop crew.....do u even av any idea on how to use photoshop. This is what I do and I can tell u dat dis pix is for real
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by GCRS87: 5:03am On Sep 27, 2012
stagger: Na wa o!

You no know say crocodile dey chop human being?
i know mana, na d rturn match be dat now, since d crocodile follow us com house. Bt come ooo, u dey eat fish? Dem too dey eat human being na
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 27, 2012
That pix is for real o, not photoshop o, close to a friends place in asaba, all u see is crocs, hippo n all those reptiles, men e no funny o....pray u dont witness such
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by dvcasper: 7:14am On Sep 27, 2012
While i can' t say if day pic was real or not especially in these days of photoshop, i can confirm to u dat i was in makurdi over the weekend and i was served " croc " for desert at a local joint. I only believed cos i saw the scales and an arm/leg. Damn!!!! It was like eating stock fish...sumptous
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by adidison(m): 7:28am On Sep 27, 2012
I dont think the pic is photoshopped, i mean why photoshop and put a croc that has a funny looking body (Osteoderms/skin) pattern ... a crocs body has a proper designed and organized pattern ... but who knows, naija croc fit dey diff (condition wan end am). But from the surrounding u'all can see the level of the water isn't too high and by the side of the walls u'all can see some weeds growing probably close to a ditch ... and by the side of the croc looking thing u'll see a pile of red sand, probably a kind of construction going on there and that thing that looks like a croc... uhmmm... actually kind of looks like part of the pile of sand with car tracks on em cause from the way the thing looks ... i dont think it is a croc ... im just saying though, i mean you never know ... but people living there say they seen stuff like that ... so if it actually is a croc, then u'all be safe out there, and may God protect u'all.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by joebek21(m): 7:29am On Sep 27, 2012
How this man take snap am
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by blackrules1(m): 7:35am On Sep 27, 2012
It is possible, the flood must have been linked to the crocodiles(hideout/lake/river).

But, this is a very dangerous sight.
Guys, abeg read about crocs,una go fear.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by debritishcon: 7:36am On Sep 27, 2012
Menendez: Photoshop......

oboy na true crocodile oooo
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by adidison(m): 7:37am On Sep 27, 2012
this is a real croc in water in Australia as an example of croc in water ... no dispute here ... omo! the thing is scary though!

Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by kingsilly(m): 7:51am On Sep 27, 2012
adidison: this is a real croc in water ... no dispute here ... omo! the thing is scary though!
Location plzz..cuz this location of urs looks like MALEY
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by adidison(m): 8:00am On Sep 27, 2012
kingsilly:
Location plzz..cuz this location of urs looks like MALEY

Sorry i forgot to put the location ... thats in Australia
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by ginuwine: 8:40am On Sep 27, 2012
jst crossed my mind sum dayz back, wht if it's true, now dat wld b a serious problem. angry
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by abiamahart: 8:43am On Sep 27, 2012
No ripple caused by motion? Photoshop
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by abiamahart: 8:46am On Sep 27, 2012
first pix does not show distortion in the wave partern meaning the croc pix is false while the second shows immediate symentrical distortion of sorrounding wave partern = Real pix
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by Artlove(m): 8:59am On Sep 27, 2012
Na lie ooooo! Why do no movement of water. Dis is photoshop jooor!
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by Bensonite: 9:38am On Sep 27, 2012
A crocodile can be still or motionless for several hours hence the picture looks real. My worry is from which distance was the short taken as this could endanger the photographer. A crocodile would normally attempt to attack a fresh meat like that.
Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by Walexpopsin: 10:07am On Sep 27, 2012
big palava 4dem,big trouble be dat ooooooo,u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tell Me Ur Dream & Ill Tell U The Meaning. / See The Snake And Rodent I Killed Today! / Lady With Four Fingers Cause Twitter Meltdown... (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.