Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Says Jesus Christ Is The Ultimate Savior Before The UN - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Says Jesus Christ Is The Ultimate Savior Before The UN (1499 Views)

Former Pastor Says ''Jesus Is Not Coming Back!'' / Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God / The Beast Of Revelation 13 is Mahmoud Abbas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Says Jesus Christ Is The Ultimate Savior Before The UN by 4Forty: 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
My question now to Moslem faithfuls is "Is this declaration by the Iranian leader not contradictory to Islamic perception of Christ? Does this declaration not debase his Prophet Mohammed? Ahmadinejad also said that Jesus is the Prince of Peace who is coming to bring eternal peace to a troubled world and usher men into eternal relationship with God. The last time I checked the dictionary meaning of the word 'Ultimate' it reads "not to be improved upon or surpassed; greatest; unsurpassed:" A 'Savior is also a defender, deliverer, hero, liberator, preserver, protector, rescuer, salvager. If Jesus is all these and a Prince of Peace according to a Moslem, who then is Prophet Mohammed? Since it takes a sacrifice to be a savior, Jesus according to Ahmadinejad actually died on the cross. Since he is coming again to save the world, Jesus actually resurrected from the dead. Men die and never resurrect. But it only takes being a Son of God to die and resurrect to ascend into heaven in a glorious body and return again to rule the world.

1 Like

Re: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Says Jesus Christ Is The Ultimate Savior Before The UN by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2012
4Forty: My question now to Moslem faithfuls is "Is this declaration by the Iranian leader not contradictory to Islamic perception of Christ? Does this declaration not debase his Prophet Mohammed? Ahmadinejad also said that Jesus is the Prince of Peace who is coming to bring eternal peace to a troubled world and usher men into eternal relationship with God. The last time I checked the dictionary meaning of the word 'Ultimate' it reads "not to be improved upon or surpassed; greatest; unsurpassed:" A 'Savior is also a defender, deliverer, hero, liberator, preserver, protector, rescuer, salvager. If Jesus is all these and a Prince of Peace according to a Moslem, who then is Prophet Mohammed? Since it takes a sacrifice to be a savior, Jesus according to Ahmadinejad actually died on the cross. Since he is coming again to save the world, Jesus actually resurrected from the dead. Men die and never resurrect. But it only takes being a Son of God to die and resurrect to ascend into heaven in a glorious body and return again to rule the world.
interesting couple of yrs ago, we've debated this but the moslems are adamant and rigid to their position. the quran already tells us that jesus is the messiah. can somebody tell me the meaning of a messiah? the quran also affirmed that jesus is coming back. what does these tells us about the man jesus?
Re: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Says Jesus Christ Is The Ultimate Savior Before The UN by kokosheen(m): 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
4Forty: My question now to Moslem faithfuls is "Is this declaration by the Iranian leader not contradictory to Islamic perception of Christ? Does this declaration not debase his Prophet Mohammed? Ahmadinejad also said that Jesus is the Prince of Peace who is coming to bring eternal peace to a troubled world and usher men into eternal relationship with God. The last time I checked the dictionary meaning of the word 'Ultimate' it reads "not to be improved upon or surpassed; greatest; unsurpassed:" A 'Savior is also a defender, deliverer, hero, liberator, preserver, protector, rescuer, salvager. If Jesus is all these and a Prince of Peace according to a Moslem, who then is Prophet Mohammed? Since it takes a sacrifice to be a savior, Jesus according to Ahmadinejad actually died on the cross. Since he is coming again to save the world, Jesus actually resurrected from the dead. Men die and never resurrect. But it only takes being a Son of God to die and resurrect to ascend into heaven in a glorious body and return again to rule the world.

No its not... Muslims belief in Jesus, not as God's son but as a prophet of God. Another difference between Muslim and Christian faiths is the death of Jesus. Christians believe he died on the cross and was resurrected, while Muslims believe his prayer to God, " Luke 22:42-43: [42] "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." [43] An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him", was answered. He was spared (with whom? another sermon), wasn't crucified but ascended to heaven alive. Muslims also belief that the world as we know it will end one day (just like in Bible: Book of Revelations) and Jesus would lead God's people to heaven.

All what I've written is available just by you googling "Quran" and reading it... Hope it clears the confusion about Ahmadinejad's speech?
Re: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Says Jesus Christ Is The Ultimate Savior Before The UN by Akwenukemarho(m): 10:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
@op, source please,
Re: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Says Jesus Christ Is The Ultimate Savior Before The UN by toyoC1(f): 8:51am On Sep 27, 2012
If he actually said it, he only said it to upset Israel.
Israel do not believe Jesus is the messiah.

3 Likes

Re: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Says Jesus Christ Is The Ultimate Savior Before The UN by Caseless: 10:46am On Sep 27, 2012
Op, in what language did he say that? Do u understand persian or arabic language? Source,pls. Anyway, muslims luv jesus but differ on d belief dat he's God or God's son.We rspkt jesus(A.S) cos his msg(non-edited) has taken us 2wads a certain direction.
Re: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Says Jesus Christ Is The Ultimate Savior Before The UN by seyibrown(f): 11:05pm On Sep 27, 2012
toyo C: If he actually said it, he only said it to upset Israel.
Israel do not believe Jesus is the messiah.

I did think this may have been the case, too! smiley
Re: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Says Jesus Christ Is The Ultimate Savior Before The UN by aletheia(m): 11:56pm On Sep 27, 2012
@OP:
You have to understand that Ahmadinejad presents a view of Islamic eschatology. The Muslims have a highly involved eschatological worldview which involves 3 personages:
1. The Mahdi (to Shiites such as Ahmadinejad, that would be the 12th imam, Abu'l-Qasim Muhammad).
2. Jesus.
3. The Antichrist - Masih ad-Dajjal.

In their eschatology the Mahdi will come (or return), then Jesus will return as his second-in-command so to speak. The Mahdi will lead the armies of Islam to global victory, while Jesus will make all Christians convert to Islam, kill all pigs and destroy Masih ad-Dajjal, after which he (Jesus) will rule and all shall converted to Islam.

There is nothing the Persian president would have said that is not consistent with what he believes.

(1) (Reply)

The History Of The Immortal-soul Teaching / Malaysia: Crown Prince Converts To Catholicism, Shocks Muslim World / What Is Spiritual Abuse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.