Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity (15238 Views)

Jose Mujica: The World’s ‘poorest’ President • Donates 90% Salary To Poor / Uruguay President Donates 90% Salary To Charity,rides 1987 Volkswagen / Poorest President’ Donates 90% Of His Salary- President Of Uruguay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by chucky234(m): 11:32am On Sep 27, 2012
ehie:
why would i bother replyn you,go to the Jokes thread if u want cheap laughs, and if you are serious ,then all hope is lost for you because you will never GET it
Why you dey vex,the eulogy too much na.
BTW who tell you say laff cheap,try ask Basket Mouth
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by kaeto(m): 11:43am On Sep 27, 2012
chucky234: Because good and bad starts from the head not the tail,abi your own dey start from tail?
atypical of the normal imbalanced and irrational nigerian adult, sufforcates to reason well. How long has GEJ been 'head', he has always been a part of the selfish and corrupt masses before he was picked. Everyone of you got elements of corruption, the more reason why the country is in shambles . For these few years, he should get the big blame but not all the blames. Don't get me wrong, i forbid greed, but I think hypocrisy in doling out judgement must also be loathed.
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by shadrach77: 11:55am On Sep 27, 2012
Uruguay - two time world cup champions smiley smiley smiley
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by Femmymata2(m): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2012
kioboy: Culled this report from Encomium magazine.
Quite revealing.
More exciting revelations have emerged that the penchant for private jets acquisition has cost wealthy Nigerians over N1 trillion in five years. The luxury trend actually rose by 650% between 2007 and 2012, this has increased the rate of private jet acquisition from 20 in 2007 to over 150 in 2012 which has placed Nigeria and china as the fastest growing private jets markets in the world.
Top ten private jets by wealthy Nigerians.

Type Price Owner
1. Falcons 7X. $51m(N8.2billion) Mike Adenuga

2. Bombardier Global 6000 $45.5m(N7.3billion) Unknown maybe OBJ

3. Bombardier Global Express 5000. $45m(N7.2billion) Aliko Dangote

4. Gulfstream G550 $40m(N6.4billion)Bishop Oyedepo

5. Gulfstream V $30m(N4.8billion) Bishop Oyedepo & Pastor Adeboye

6. Bombardier Challenger 604 $30m(N4.8b) Mike Adenuga

7. Embracer Legacy 650 $30m (N4.8b) Ifeanyi Uba

8. Hawker 900XP $20m(N3.2b)Dr Kashim and Sir Aremu Johnson

9. Gulfstream G450 $15m(N2.4b) Bishop oyedepo

10. LearJet $13.3m (N2.1b) Bishop Oyedepo and Dr Kashim

noticed dat bishop oyedepo hv four expensive jets, wht is he doing wit all this jets??
i think he'll need öne of the jets to transport him to heaven. There's nothing wrong if oyedepo buys 8 expensive jet because he is called by God and holy spirit led. And from those part of the money used for buying and maintenance of the jets come from are not complaining because the bible says 'touch not my annoited. I believe Oyedepo needs six more jets and pst adeboye need nine more jet, vanity
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by Mannylex(m): 12:07pm On Sep 27, 2012
This man is under a curse, that needs to be broken. "yoke of poverty" in his life must be broken and destroyed by fire! Don't they have MFM there? grin
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by mruknaijaboy(m): 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2012
god bless the urguyan president

he knows millions of people are starving in his country and feels why should he have so much money if the majority of his people do not have money

I wish african leaders would take a note out of this because african leaders and politicians salaries are almost four times more than their counterparts in the western world

how can african leaders and politican have a bigger salary than their western world counterparts when the majority of the countries african leaders govern are starving and struggling?

i sware i keep repeating the same shit over and over again, the masses should vote for all expenditures by politicans and leaders to be put out in the public so we can really see whats going on just like they do in the UK and US, they are supposed to be governing africa to become better so i think its only right if this is done to really see if their hand is in politics for money or for the better welfare
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by bknight: 12:26pm On Sep 27, 2012
Mi like this.

#sohelpmegod#
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by rhymz(m): 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2012
kioboy: Culled this report from Encomium magazine.
Quite revealing.
More exciting revelations have emerged that the penchant for private jets acquisition has cost wealthy Nigerians over N1 trillion in five years. The luxury trend actually rose by 650% between 2007 and 2012, this has increased the rate of private jet acquisition from 20 in 2007 to over 150 in 2012 which has placed Nigeria and china as the fastest growing private jets markets in the world.
Top ten private jets by wealthy Nigerians.

Type Price Owner
1. Falcons 7X. $51m(N8.2billion) Mike Adenuga

2. Bombardier Global 6000 $45.5m(N7.3billion) Unknown maybe OBJ

3. Bombardier Global Express 5000. $45m(N7.2billion) Aliko Dangote

4. Gulfstream G550 $40m(N6.4billion)Bishop Oyedepo

5. Gulfstream V $30m(N4.8billion) Bishop Oyedepo & Pastor Adeboye

6. Bombardier Challenger 604 $30m(N4.8b) Mike Adenuga

7. Embracer Legacy 650 $30m (N4.8b) Ifeanyi Uba

8. Hawker 900XP $20m(N3.2b)Dr Kashim and Sir Aremu Johnson

9. Gulfstream G450 $15m(N2.4b) Bishop oyedepo

10. LearJet $13.3m (N2.1b) Bishop Oyedepo and Dr Kashim

noticed dat bishop oyedepo hv four expensive jets, wht is he doing wit all this jets??
my brother I wonder o. If you ask the goons that attend his mass indoctrination service in Ota they will say he uses them for evangelization. . Lol. . I just wonder how person wey dey inside jet go take dey preach to people wey dey struggle to maintain 3-square meals a day, what a lie!
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by Dee60: 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2012
When a president is serious and interested in wiping out corruption, everyone in the world would know....
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by dasparrow: 3:20pm On Sep 27, 2012
@Post

I have much respect for President Jose Mujica of Uruguay. Nigerian leaders can learn a thing or two from him. Nigerian and indeed African leaders should learn to lead by example.
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by passionate88: 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
truth4meal: passionate fool
as ur name implies... U've eaten d truth... Nw u r jst left wit lies and deceit.. Ji.. Ji.. Ji.. Jihadist.. Since u r binhari's p.a, advice him nt 2 run 4 2015 election, his name ain't Abraham neither is there any Lincoln
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 27, 2012
can we give Uruguanya a million Jonathans for their president please?
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2012
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by cesil92: 5:33pm On Sep 27, 2012
President earning just $12,500 and taking home $1,250, here our leaders earn in Millions and take home in Billions and in Trillions.

Lawmakers are not satisfied with about 35million naira, they are still demanding for increment.
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by cesil92: 5:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
Their President earns $12,500 a month and takes home $1,250. In Nigeria our Leaders earn in Millions and take home in Billions and in Trillions
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by Ayoobscom(m): 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2012
Self aggrandizement and dead conscience is why no African leader can do this

However,Ghadafi of Libya may not have donated his salary but remains the only African president who has done close to this Uruguayan president...

I'm however shocked by the calibre of some atheistic insinuations here...unbelievably foolish
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by Nuzo1(m): 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
Legally, donating his whole salary, and maybe that of his wife to charity is highly commendable but irrelevant.
Delivering the needed and expected dividends to his people albeit judiciously and transperently is what is actually needed.

Personally, he's my hero.
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by nakita(f): 9:56pm On Sep 27, 2012
Jose Mujica is the best, how i wish i could become Nigeria president too and make donation of at least %80 monthly to help people
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by Coldfaya(m): 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2012
Nuzo':
Legally, donating his whole salary, and maybe that of his wife to charity is highly commendable but irrelevant.
Delivering the needed and expected dividends to his people albeit judiciously and transperently is what is actually needed.

Personally, he's my hero.

Which he is actually doing. D minimal corruption is what trips me d most. Kai dis is humility. I doballe to d man
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
Miracle112, I'm in Port Harcourt let's talk about the saloon...
Re: Uruguayan President Donates 90% Of His Salary To Charity by Miracle112(m): 6:26pm On Mar 28, 2022
Competence5050:
Miracle112, I'm in Port Harcourt let's talk about the saloon...

https://www.nairaland.com/6933036/standard-unisex-saloon-sale
Please check my contact details here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Niger: ECOWAS Military Chiefs To Meet On Saturday / Brawling At Pan-African Parliament As Members Fight for Presidency Post (PIX) / Joe Biden Announces 2024 Re-Election Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.