Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Where Do You Pay Your Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Do You Pay Your Tithe (990 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by nonylove: 9:56am On Sep 27, 2012
Is it advisable to pay tithe in other churches that are lacking just to help them grow if your own church is already grown?

Your contribution will be appreciated.
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 27, 2012
nonylove: Is it advisable to pay tithe in other churches that are lacking just to help them grow if your own church is already grown?

I PAY MY TITHE TO MY OWN POCKET. ITS A PERFECT LOOP grin
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by ijawkid(m): 10:38am On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: I PAY MY TITHE TO MY OWN POCKET. ITS A PERFECT LOOP grin

Lmao.....

Please transfer some to my pocket too.....
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by nonylove: 10:43am On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: I PAY MY TITHE TO MY OWN POCKET. ITS A PERFECT LOOP grin
grin

When you pay your tithe you are securing your future
i bet you should try God by obeying His commandment and see what happenes
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 27, 2012
ijawkid:

Lmao.....

Please transfer some to my pocket too.....
SCRIPTURE DO SAY-'LOOK OUT FOR YOUR BROTHER' . NOW THAT WILL BE RIGHTEOUS TITHING I CAN GET WITH. grin
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 27, 2012
nonylove: grin

When you pay your tithe you are securing your future
i bet you should try God by obeying His commandment and see what happenes
TITHING IS SECURING THE FUTURE OF THE PASTOR NOT MINE. grin
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by nonylove: 11:06am On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: SCRIPTURE DO SAY-'LOOK OUT FOR YOUR BROTHER' . NOW THAT WILL BE RIGHTEOUS TITHING I CAN GET WITH. grin

hmmmmmmmmmm... please read the scripture about tithing and offering. i still agree with your comment but they are two diff things entirely.
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 27, 2012
nonylove:

hmmmmmmmmmm... please read the scripture about tithing and offering. i still agree with your comment but they are two diff things entirely.
YOU CAN KEEP PAYING YOUR TITHES. AS FOR ME, I AINT BUYING NO PRIVATE JETS OR SNAKE SKIN SHOES OR BENTLEYS FOR NO CHARLATAN. THIS IS CALLED 'ENABLING'. YOU ARE ENABLING THE MAN IN HIS SINS OF COVETOUSNESS AS SUCH YOU ARE AN ACCOMPLICE.
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by dorox(m): 11:27am On Sep 27, 2012
nonylove: Is it advisable to pay tithe in other churches that are lacking just to help them grow if your own church is already grown?

Your pastor is the best person to ask for advice regarding this matter, after all na im garri dey at stake. Though in my opinion it is unwise to bring matters like this here because it provides a cheap oppurtunity for all the fake none tithing christians and their atheist friends to portray our Daddies in the lord as a bunch of unscrupulously greedy narcissistic blood suckers.
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by nonylove: 11:42am On Sep 27, 2012
dorox:

Your pastor is the best person to ask for advice regarding this matter, after all na im garri dey at stake. Though in my opinion it is unwise to bring matters like this here because it provides a cheap oppurtunity for all the fake none tithing christians and their atheist friends to portray our Daddies in the lord as a bunch of unscrupulously greedy narcissistic blood suckers.

Thanks a lot. it is well oooo
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by dorox(m): 11:47am On Sep 27, 2012
nonylove:

You are welcome.
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by MacDaddy01: 11:54am On Sep 27, 2012
dorox:

LWKMD!!!

So you know that your pastors and MOGs are greedy tithe loving-frauds?
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by ijawkid(m): 12:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: YOU CAN KEEP PAYING YOUR TITHES. AS FOR ME, I AINT BUYING NO PRIVATE JETS OR SNAKE SKIN SHOES OR BENTLEYS FOR NO CHARLATAN. THIS IS CALLED 'ENABLING'. YOU ARE ENABLING THE MAN IN HIS SINS OF COVETOUSNESS AS SUCH YOU ARE AN ACCOMPLICE.
$

Lol

Exactly..

When the members pay so much tithe ,the OGA daddy gets phantoms and bombadier challengers...

SMH!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by MacDaddy01: 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2012
ijawkid: $

Lol

Exactly..

When the members pay so much tithe ,the OGA daddy gets phantoms and bombadier challengers...

SMH!!!!!

lmao!!!
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2012
ijawkid: $

Lol

Exactly..

SMH!!!!!
grin grin
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by dorox(m): 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

LWKMD!!!

So you know that your pastors and MOGs are greedy tithe loving-frauds?

For sure, they are greedy and wicked otherwise they would not be asking struggling families for money to fund their extravagant lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2012
dorox:

For sure, they are greedy and wicked otherwise they would not be asking struggling families for money to fund their extravagant lifestyle.
APT
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by truthislight: 2:59pm On Sep 27, 2012
dorox:

what did you say your DADY is?
dorox:
our Daddies in the lord as a bunch of unscrupulously greedy narcissistic blood suckers.

^^^
that is an honest truth from you.
I will ever say thank you for advising this sheeple op.
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by truthislight: 3:02pm On Sep 27, 2012
nonylove:
@dorox

she actually does appciate it,
how sheeple
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by truthislight: 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2012
dorox:
You are welcome.

yea, you deserved it,. Good advice if she has learnt anything that is?

dorox:

our Daddies in the lord as a bunch of unscrupulously greedy narcissistic blood suckers.

Did she learn anything her ^^^
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by truthislight: 3:15pm On Sep 27, 2012
grin
dorox:

i belive the seeple took your advice.
Did she not say thank you?
dorox:

dorox:

i belive the seeple took your advice.
Did she say thank you?
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by nonylove: 3:31pm On Sep 27, 2012
truthislight:

what did you say your DADY is?

^^^
that is an honest truth from you.
I will ever say thank you for advising this sheeple op.

1st part i do not agree with cos it is not our tithe that is feeding them God has a way of providing for His servant .
You pay tithe to secure your own future it is for ur own good.
You should learn to control ursef by not calling pple names on NL. u kno usef
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by nonylove: 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2012
obadiah777: APT
you are very wrong nobody is forcing you to bring money to church we are obeying His commandment by doing so. and we benefit more when we do it. am a living testimony.
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by nonylove: 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2012
dorox:

you are very wrong nobody is forcing you to bring money to church we are obeying His commandment by doing so. and we benefit more when we do it. am a living testimon
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by MacDaddy01: 3:38pm On Sep 27, 2012
nonylove:
you are very wrong nobody is forcing you to bring money to church we are obeying His commandment by doing so. and we benefit more when we do it. am a living testimony.

You are quite wrong.

The bible does not support tithing with money

Common sense neither.

Pastors have brainwashed you to pay for their expensive lifestyles. It is one thing to be rich and another to live an expensive lifestyle with private jet and bentleys
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by EvilBrain1(m): 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2012
dorox:

Looks like you're doing a good job of that yourself.

To be honest, I'm no longer a Christian and even if I was, I wouldn't pay tithe because it has no basis in scripture. But I'd like to encourage all you Christians who do pay tithe to consider giving it to charity or perhaps a motherless babies home.

Pastors tend to spend money in ways that have almost zero benefit to society. In fact, when they make noise at night, deceive people on TV with fake miracles and litter everywhere with their tracts, they're actually using your money to do evil.

And unlike tithing, giving to charity actually has a scriptural basis. And you can be more confident that your money will be put to good use keeping disadvantaged children alive and helping them have a decent future.

"Whatsoever you do for these little ones, you do for me." Its something to think about.

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by dorox(m): 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2012
nonylove:

1st part i do not agree with cos it is not our tithe that is feeding them God has a way of providing for His servant .
You pay tithe to secure your own future it is for ur own good.
You should learn to control ursef by not calling pple names on NL. u kno usef
Do not be deceived, unless God don dey make money rain from sky,it is the hard earned money you and other church members donate as tithes and offering they spend so lavishly.
Have you ever wondered why any giving as test to God is alway directed at the preacher, why not somebody in need?
These greedy pastors will ask you for your last kobo (violent offering) as a test of faith to build their shcool while they are busy holidaying abroad with your money. They won't even compromise their lavish lifestyle to build their schools and palatial homes, but when it comes to other people money, they have no qualms in asking for them to make sacrifice.
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by chrisevans(m): 4:12pm On Sep 27, 2012
What about paying dose 'tithes' to charities or helping the needy? Many christians pay their 'tithe' and deny giving financial help to ppl cos dey feel dey av done what is required of dem by God...

1 Like

Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by dorox(m): 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
Evil Brain:

Looks like you're doing a good job of that yourself.

To be honest, I'm no longer a Christian and even if I was, I wouldn't pay tithe because it has no basis in scripture. But I'd like to encourage all you Christians who do pay tithe to consider giving it to charity or perhaps a motherless babies home.

Pastors tend to spend money in ways that have almost zero benefit to society. In fact, when they make noise at night, deceive people on TV with fake miracles and litter everywhere with their tracts, they're actually using your money to do evil.

And unlike tithing, giving to charity actually has a scriptural basis. And you can be more confident that your money will be put to good use keeping disadvantaged children alive and helping them have a decent future.

"Whatsoever you do for these little ones, you do for me." Its something to think about.

Except for the part where you have totally rejected christianity in any form, i am in complete agreement with you.
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by Okijajuju1(m): 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2012

[img]http://2.bp..com/-59IdM9e8w0w/Ta7k4K3t4YI/AAAAAAAABhI/QWrOwnRif3w/s1600/car-crash-pepper-soup.jpg[/img]

I have been paying my tithe to this ministry since 1997 Iya Basira Church of all Nations.. ..
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by chrisevans(m): 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2012
We are humans..we need to realise dat we need each other to survive..do u wanna say benue ppl don't pay tithes? But thousands of them are homeless now...and God sat and watched while the city was getting flooded (they say he is omnipresent, so he saw it!)...forget tithes...give ur 10% to charity...they need it more than God...
Re: Where Do You Pay Your Tithe by MacDaddy01: 4:54pm On Sep 27, 2012
chrisevans: We are humans..we need to realise dat we need each other to survive..do u wanna say benue ppl don't pay tithes? But thousands of them are homeless now...and God sat and watched while the city was getting flooded (they say he is omnipresent, so he saw it!)...forget tithes...give ur 10% to charity...they need it more than God...

amen

(1) (Reply)

Will Jesus Have Bought A Jet? / The "Good", The "Bad" And The "Funny" / Jesus Was A Gay! Kemi Omololu-olunloyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.