Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,798 members, 7,844,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha (2458 Views)

Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste / Woman Pronounced Dead In Edo Found Alive In Aba / Two Missing Kids Found Dead In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by coogar: 11:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
this country is doomed!
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2012
@siena and efemena, thanks for the condolences! Though its hard to let go but what more can I say? Life still goes on.thanks once again.
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by slimchi2k2(m): 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2012
innocent blood, is only GOD know what happen
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by tixson(f): 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2012
Crazy world. May deir soul rest in peace.
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by Mowire: 12:49pm On Sep 30, 2012
@Siena. I still insist that if the babies/foetus died in the woman's womb & had to be evacuated from thence one way or another that mother will not be in any position to determine how/where the dead foetus is disposed. She may not even be consulted. This is the fact. I have 1st hand experiences.
@berem, accept my sympathy.
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by EfemenaXY: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2012
^^ If throwing away, no - dumping babies / foetuses on the street is the norm, then how come the streets of Naija aren't littered with them?

Lots of unfortunate babies die before reaching full term, everyday. So ask yourself what makes this case worth reporting. Why is this particular case special?

Unless of course, no pre-term babies in Owerri loose their lives??
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2012
^^^ Good question, Efemena (My Efe)?
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2012
Mowire: @Siena. I still insist that if the babies/foetus died in the woman's womb & had to be evacuated from thence one way or another that mother will not be in any position to determine how/where the dead foetus is disposed. She may not even be consulted. This is the fact. I have 1st hand experiences.
@berem, accept my sympathy.

Bud, the dead deserve respect, regardless of how death occured. I still believe those babies were not stillborn. And assuming they were, it would still take a wicked mother with a lump of Olumo Rock where her heart should be, to dump, or permit her babies to be dumped in a garbage heap.
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by EfemenaXY: 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2012
Siena: ^^^ Good question, Efemena (My Efe)?

Efe (wealth)
Mena (my own)

Efemena - My wealth.

Siena, why couldn't you be an Isoko man na?? Too many Urhobo men on nland!! grin

Ko-bo wo? (how are you?)
Kor Ayera? (how is your wife?)
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Efe (wealth)
Mena (my own)

Efemena - My wealth.

Siena, why couldn't you be an Isoko man na?? Too many Urhobo men on nland!! grin

Ko-bo wo? (how are you?)
Kor Ayera? (how is your wife?)

Lol...I understand Urhobo and isoko, to a certain degree. Our neighbours in Nigeria were Isoko, so we got used to the similarities.

Too many Urhobo men here? I thought we were in the minority. wink

Ko-bo-wo? Me-yoma.
Kor Ayera? Aye me yoma.

Probably completely wrong, as my parents didn't speak Urhobo to us while we were growing up. So Urhobo writing, poor. Urhobo speaking, poor-to-average. Urhobo comprehension, good.
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by Mowire: 10:45pm On Sep 30, 2012
Efemena_xy & Siena.
Earlier on this thread I had infrerred that if this was a case of still birth, the dumping of the bodies was a careless action. This careless dumping of such foetus is a daily occurence in most (if not all) major cities here in Nigeria; 99% of them don't get reported & the mothers are not always responsible. So there should be restraint in cursing the mother of this ones cos none of us here know exactly what happened.
If u know the sorrow of such mothers u will understand my concern
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 30, 2012
Mowire, regardless of a mother's grief at having a stillborn baby (assuming this was the case here) she has no business dumping, or authorising her babies to be dumped with the trash. That's a wicked act. Using grief as an excuse doesn't go down well with me. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Just out of interest, have you actually witnessed a mother throw her stillborn out with the garbage? As in been there from when she delivered her stillborn, till she threw it out?
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by Mowire: 11:25pm On Sep 30, 2012
@Siena, shey u dey diagnose moto as u dey read dis thread ni abi na wetin.
I say woman wey get still birth no go be di peson wey go handle di dispose of hin dead pikin. Hin fit (for some cases) be di peson wey go authorise dispose but no be him go do di real troway.
Make e no be sey una com dey curse peson wey don sofa loss of bele already!
I don tire sef!
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by EfemenaXY: 11:29pm On Sep 30, 2012
Mowire: Efemena_xy & Siena.
Earlier on this thread I had infrerred that if this was a case of still birth, the dumping of the bodies was a careless action. This careless dumping of such foetus is a daily occurence in most (if not all) major cities here in Nigeria; 99% of them don't get reported & the mothers are not always responsible. So there should be restraint in cursing the mother of this ones cos none of us here know exactly what happened.
If u know the sorrow of such mothers u will understand my concern

Siena isn't the one cursing here.

I am and still am, without restraint. Go back to that picture and take a good look! Those babies were thrown on the street! How heartless can you be siding with the mother??

Siena's broken it down - as easy as A, B, C for you to understand that if the mother (doubtful) was innocent in this, then she should have reported the matter. People would be looking for a pair of missing newborn twins. When found, she would have come forward to claim the bodies and bury them.

Why do you insist on taking sides with the wicked and heartless? Okay, so where is the biitch in question now that her babies have been found? Where are her family members??

That biitch deserves more curses rained down on her crazy head.
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by Mowire: 11:41pm On Sep 30, 2012
@Efemena_xy. I care less if you curse "WHOEVER" dump those bodies to all eternity. My concern is with the specifying the mother who may not be the "WHOEVER". That will make you unjust to an already bereaved innocent woman. How is this difficult to understand?!
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by EfemenaXY: 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2012
^^ Prove her innocence then.

That should be easy for you to do since you're quite adamant that she's not guilty. Go on.
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by Mowire: 11:53pm On Sep 30, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Prove her innocence then.

That should be easy for you to do since you're quite adamant that she's not guilty. Go on.
Please do me (us) the favour of proving her culpability/guilt: so that I can see my blindness. Because I am certain of neither her innocence nor culpability.
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by navygrl: 5:18am On Oct 01, 2012
Hasn't anyone in Nigeria ever heard of postpartum psychoses? Where a new mothers hormones are so out of whack that she goes crazy and harms or kills her child without comprehension of what is occurring?
Re: Twins Found Dead In A Waste Bin At Okosu, Onitsha by navygrl: 5:23am On Oct 01, 2012
But to add in on another raging topic on this thread, when I was last in Nigeria I lost a child at 4 months. After the fetus was evacuated I never saw it again, never even learned the gender. I have no clue what happens to my child nor did other women I spoke to who had similar happenings in that hospital. Until the guilty part is found no one will know the details. Did the mother or father kill them, did they die in uetero, did they become strangled by their umbilical cords (more common for multiple births) or did did they fall victim to some other chance of fate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When You Visit Your Inlaws After Lying To Them That You Are Born Again - Pic / Adorn Your Home/office With Our Affordable And Beautiful Roller Blind / I Need A Wife Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.