Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? (5302 Views)

When Did The gods Start Eating Cream Crackers? / Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Antivirus92(m): 2:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
ChinenyeN: Nri is the "ancestral home of the Igbo", but his father, Eri, supposedly "Son of Gad from the Bible" is a settler among indigenes?
This two-sided mouth story never gets old, abi?
don't go intn that story cos u may be wrong afterall.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by ChinenyeN(m): 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2012
I don't understand how I could be wrong. Neither I nor my people are the ones making either of those claims.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Antivirus92(m): 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2012
ChinenyeN: I don't understand how I could be wrong. Neither I nor my people are the ones making either of those claims.
then leave the story alone and go back to bed.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by eduson55(m): 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2012
[size=28pt]Majority of Nigerians have lost their sense of humanity and live in denial of it, even on Nairaland[/size]
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by kikuyu1(m): 1:39pm On Oct 10, 2012
This thread is still here and you're still repeating the same things without seeing the wider picture.Israel and the whole of the ancient Middle East was an extension of Africa. Nubia,Punt,Yam and Axum all ruled the biblical Israel at one time or other.
Who were these Nubians,Puntites,Yamites and Axumites? Africans,presently found in the East,West,Central and South. Here's one irrefutable example of that history. A friend of a friend has been in Tel Aviv for the last 6 years organising tourists visits. He said he's constantly amazed at linguistic Hebrew/Kikuyu similarities.How did this happen?
Read that history here:
These guys spread out to the whole world via waterways from Africa beginning 8000 years ago to the Middle East and Asia as far as Cambodia. In a lifetime of study she shows how linguistic evidence,kinship patterns,mt dna studies and modern archeology bears this out.
http://karanjazplace..com/2012/08/the-wafrican-faces-of-biblical.html

Nobody is claiming kinship with white Jews!
In a very familiar pattern they've appropriated the history of others to misuse for their own dubious purposes,in this case the land of Israel and declare with a straight face,"Yawheh gave us all the land."
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by pazienza(m): 8:47am On Oct 11, 2012
The current occupants of israel are frauds,they have no ancestral link to the land.The current frauds in israel consists of two unrelated groups, the ashkenazi and the sephardim, the sephardim are middle easterners and consists of 10-20% of the current israel population,the ashkenazi aka eastern europe jews consists of 80-90% of the jewish population. These two frauds don't like each other,tribalism between the two frauds reigns supreme in israel.

The ashkenazi came from one of europe's barbaric tribes known as the khazars(chazars),their kingdom khazaria,extended from aral sea on the east,kiev and ukrainian steppes on the west,caucasus and the black sea on the south,,the ural mountain on the north.

Even though they descended from Togarmah,they choose ashkenazi because it was prophesied in jeremiah 51:27 that ashkenazi and her allies would conquer babylon,according to genesis 10: 2-5, ashkenaz and togarmah are brothers.

They were pagan,but under the leadership of their king,king bulah who later changed his name to king obadiah,they perverted the ancient culture and customs of the ancient israelites to judaism.

The serphardim are the true edomites,they are descendants of esau,they are indigenous to the middle east,they have lived side by side with ishmaelites(arabs) for many centuries.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by pazienza(m): 8:57am On Oct 11, 2012
The israelites,just like the people of kemet,were of black race. They are not the same people as the israeli and egyptians of today.

So,it's possible that the igbos,yorubas,hausas,bini,and other black africans are the true israelites,even though they are not in any way related to the israelis.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:56am On Oct 13, 2012
nyameke: ^^^^why not are/were the ancient egptians and hebrews(dont like using jews)not all dark skinned people?

NO THEY WERENT! THE NUBIANS WERE/ARE DARK NOT THE EGYPTIANS. THE EGYPTIANS WERE BROWN-SKIN (for example, like the Touareg), AND THE HEBREWS WERE WHITEWHEATISH SEMITES.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:58am On Oct 13, 2012
gree-die:

u see, history has it that wen Gad son of Jacob came to dwell on ibo land, he met some people there and he called them igbo (a Greek word). He co existed with them peacefully and wit time they imbibed his culture as he did theirs but there was need to differentiate bw the original settlers and the immigrants and so Gad and his descendants were known as the pure igbos
while d originals became d impure igbos

there ve bin various arguments as to how dis naming
was done but the popular opinion is dat Gad was called d pure Igbo because it was him who brought about governance wen he gathered the originals,
formed a tribe and gave it a name. Prior to dis, d originals were strangers to each other, strangers dat lived in small units and hardly interacted wit d next unit. Also, these originals had no common ancestry,
infact, their roots could not be traced beyond their forefathers.

Gad is d father of Eri who is d father of Nri. As u
know, Nri is d ancestral home of the igbos. I know aguleri, umuleri, adazi, r descendants of nri nd thus pure igbos and Onitsha is impure Igbo....

DIsclaimer: d info above was gathered from historical books written by igbos. Unfortunately, I cannot recall d title of the books or the name of the authors coz I read them Many yrs ago( 6- 8 )yrs ago. Thus, the facts are refutable, u may have to do your own research before u arrive at a conclusion.

this is all nonsense fairytales(excet the Nri part). 200 yrs back , if you talked to an Igbo about this gad or jacob, he would think you are mental and end up sacrificing you to Amadioha. and then your skull would be displayed at the annual Ikpirikpi Ogu Dance.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Abagworo(m): 7:18am On Oct 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

this is all nonsense fairytales(excet the Nri part). 200 yrs back , if you talked to an Igbo about this gad or jacob, he would think you are mental and end up sacrificing you to Amadioha. and then your skull would be displayed at the annual Ikpirikpi Ogu Dance.

Even the Nri part. I've not met any Igbo in the South that claims to have migrated from Nri. Its mostly in Delta State that I've heard of Igbos who migrated from Nri. Even in Anambra State many people have no link to Nri. Nri people were medicine men in the past and were often consulted for ritual purposes until Arochukwu replaced them. Calling Nri the ancestral home of Igbos is a fallacy. It is only the ancestral home of Nri-Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by pazienza(m): 9:54am On Oct 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

NO THEY WERENT! THE NUBIANS WERE/ARE DARK NOT THE EGYPTIANS. THE EGYPTIANS WERE BROWN-SKIN (for example, like the Touareg), AND THE HEBREWS WERE WHITEWHEATISH SEMITES.

The people of kemet came in different shades of black,just like igbos of today.

There is nothing white about the ancient israelites,they were of black race ie the same race as the ancient egyptians. The frauds we have in israel today are not israelites,they are isrealis.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Antivirus92(m): 11:59am On Oct 13, 2012
Abagworo:

Even the Nri part. I've not met any Igbo in the South that claims to have migrated from Nri. Its mostly in Delta State that I've heard of Igbos who migrated from Nri. Even in Anambra State many people have no link to Nri. Nri people were medicine men in the past and were often consulted for ritual purposes until Arochukwu replaced them. Calling Nri the ancestral home of Igbos is a fallacy. It is only the ancestral home of Nri-Igbos.
and who have ur time? Nobody! All these ur ranting can't change history. Aro of yesterday now compared to nri.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2012
Abagworo:

yes i s'pose you might be right.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:20pm On Oct 13, 2012
pazienza:

The people of kemet came in different shades of black,just like igbos of today.

There is nothing white about the ancient israelites,they were of black race ie the same race as the ancient egyptians. The frauds we have in israel today are not israelites,they are isrealis.

i know they are israelis and european jews. but what right does that give you to ay that the ancient dwellers of israel were black. that is nonsense. there is no proof.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by pazienza(m): 1:28pm On Oct 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

i know they are israelis and european jews. but what right does that give you to ay that the ancient dwellers of israel were black. that is nonsense. there is no proof.

If we agree with herodotus,lucius and other greek philosophers like aristotle that people of kemet were of black race,with all negroid features as seen in the famous sphinx and in agreement with lucius description of an egyptian boy. Then we can prove,using the bible,a book that contains the history and customs of the ancient israelites,that the israelites have the same physical appearance as the ancient egyptians.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by pazienza(m): 2:03pm On Oct 13, 2012
Scenerio 1

joseph's ten brothers were not able to recognize him when they came to egypt to buy bread and were presented to joseph. Gen 42:1-8.

If joseph were to look like those frauds in israel today, his brothers would have recognized him easily among black egyptians,but even his brothers thought he was an egyptian.

Scenario 2

when jacob died in egypt, all the elders of house of pharoah,all the elders of the land of egypt along with all the hebrews went to bury him in the land of canaan as requested by jacob when he was alive. Genesis 50:7-11,
when the cannanites saw the funeral procession, they said: "this is a grievious mourning for the egyptians"

Now remember that the crowd was made up of more hebrews than egyptians,since only egyptian nobles were present there, and seeing as the deceased was jacob,the father of the hebrews,it is logical to say that those people mourning greviously were likely to have been hebrews. Yet to the unsuspecting cannanites,they were all egyptians.
If those hebrews looked like those frauds in israel today,the canaanites won't confuse them for egyptians.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by pazienza(m): 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2012
Scenario 3

seti 1 is believed by many scholars to be the pharoah that gave the decree to kill all male children born to the hebrews,it was his own way of checkmating the rapidly growing hebrew population in egypt. The paintings of seti 1 found in an egyptian temple shows a typical black man with all negroid features.
Yet,moses a hebrew male was raised as his grandson in his house,when seti 1 ordered the death of all male hebrew child,if the ancient israelites were a white race like those frauds in israel today,how could a white moses,survive secretly in the house of pharoah among black skined people for 40yrs?

After giving that decree,how could pharoah face and rule over his people,if he knowingly haboured and raised a hebrew with full royal priviledges in his house?

Pharoah looked into the eyes of moses as a child,and thought he was his flesh and blood,he looked into his eyes as a teenager and still thought so, he did the same when moses became a man,and still thought so.

The only explanation for this is that,moses was like anyother egyptian,he was a black man.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by pazienza(m): 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2012
Pharoah seti 1 just like joseph's brothers and the canaanites couldn't tell the difference between a hebrew and an egyptian because,there wasn't any physical difference between them. Even the midian seven daughters mistook moses for an egyptian, read exodus 2:16-19,particulary the verse 19 of that chapter.

When seti1 found out the true identity of moses,he sought to kill him. exodus 2:12-15.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by bright007(f): 9:20am On Oct 17, 2012
the theory that igbo migrated from isreal is just a conjecture resulting from inferiority complex by the igbos.
It is a shame that igbos are still confused in this age as regards their origin.
They are just like the Yorubas who said they descended from Oduduwa who
FELL[color= green]from the sky without breaking his head/legs or som say he climbed down with a chain...where did he hook d chain?where is d chain now?.This is a shame[/color]
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Abagworo(m): 9:40am On Oct 17, 2012
bright007: the theory that igbo migrated from isreal is just a conjecture resulting from inferiority complex by the igbos.
It is a shame that igbos are still confused in this age as regards their origin.
They are just like the Yorubas who said they descended from Oduduwa who
FELL[color= green]from the sky without breaking his head/legs or som say he climbed down with a chain...where did he hook d chain?where is d chain now?.This is a shame[/color]

Well the story of sky beings is even in the bible. Some men came from the sky and took earthly women for wives and had mixed children. What keeps repeating itself in African histories of origin is the sky beings and the great flood interpreted in traditional superstitious beliefs.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by nyameke: 5:36pm On Oct 17, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

lol you again. dude the so called nubians, Egyptians and Hebrews were all dark skin people. There is no story in the bible that indicates or alludes to the Hebrews being Whitewheatish. Its not only a lie but a preposterous and ludicrous one. And comparing the ancient Egyptians to the Tuareg of today is very laughable and shows your ignorance.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by nyameke: 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2012
Even the ancient of days is described as a dark skin. dare i say that even God is black man

Revelation 1:14-15(KJV)
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

And this is how daniel described the ancient of days.
Daniel 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

Now there are two things to gather from these verses. The first is the texture of Christs hair and the second is his skin colour. When you read the beginning of the verse his texture of hair is described as being like wool. Wooly hair is black hair. Next it describes the skin colour of jesus feet. Keep in mind that your feet is the same colour as the rest of your body. John describes it as being like brass. Now brass is a derivative of brown. It is a copper colour. Now if you take brown copper and burn it in a furnace (oven), it will turn jet black. As a matter of fact, if you take anything and burn it in an oven it will turn black!

So Christ is seen and depicted as black even in the spiritual realms. So why depict him as white Jesus and the infatuations with Caucasians.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Rossikk(m): 12:30am On Oct 18, 2012
odumchi: Uka lzrel a agwula m ike.

A bit over a century ago, most of the Igbo knew little to nothing about anywhere beyond their immediate localities

How do you know that?
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Rossikk(m): 12:34am On Oct 18, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Stop talking rubbish. There is testimony from at least 10 major Greek scholars from antiquity who stated very clearly that the Egyptians were black people. And there is exhaustive tomb art and artefact evidence from the dynastic era that proves this fact.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 18, 2012
bookmarked.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by odumchi: 1:55am On Oct 18, 2012
Rossikk:

How do you know that?

It's simple logic/reasoning.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Abagworo(m): 7:32am On Oct 18, 2012
odumchi:

It's simple logic/reasoning.

All the early Igbos never claimed Jewish ancestry. Now they are trying to prove that early Jews were black. Even if they were, it does not in any way suggest that Igbos descended from Israel. Our Religion was not Judaism.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by pazienza(m): 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2012
Abagworo:

All the early Igbos never claimed Jewish ancestry. Now they are trying to prove that early Jews were black. Even if they were, it does not in any way suggest that Igbos descended from Israel. Our Religion was not Judaism.

Israelites never practiced judaism,judaism is a perversion of the ancient customs and traditions of ancient israelites by the new frauds in israel that go by the name,israelis.

Mind you,i am not saying that igbos are israelites,i am just pointing out that igbos being black people,have more probability of being descendants of ancient israel than those white frauds in israel today,and this does not only apply to igbos,it equally applies to the yorubas,binis,hausas and indeed all black people.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Abagworo(m): 7:26pm On Oct 18, 2012
pazienza:

Israelites never practiced judaism,judaism is a perversion of the ancient customs and traditions of ancient israelites by the new frauds in israel that go by the name,israelis.

Lol! Judaism is based on the law of Moses or 10 commandments and the guidelines given to Moses by God on how to live, eat and worship him(Yaweh). Igbos never had those laws but practised circumcision and naming which to my knowledge was also a shared custom across Africa.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by pazienza(m): 1:26am On Oct 19, 2012
Abagworo:

Lol! Judaism is based on the law of Moses or 10 commandments and the guidelines given to Moses by God on how to live, eat and worship him(Yaweh). Igbos never had those laws but practised circumcision and naming which to my knowledge was also a shared custom across Africa.

Judaism is an imperfect fusion of pagan beliefs of the khazars known as the talmud with the customs and beliefs of the ancient israelites known as the torah(the old testament).
Infact,those frauds still prefer their pagan doctrines aka the talmud to the old testament ie the torah.

Erubin 21b(soncino edition): " My son be more careful in the observance of the words of the scribes than in the words of the torah(old testament)"

The above quote is from the jewish talmud aka oral law.

The frauds in israel claim that in addition to the torah(the old testament), that yahweh equally gave moses oral law talmud.

But we know better. Because,nowhere in the torah did moses or the prophets make mention of these oral laws(talmud),every law given to moses was written down by yahweh himself,see exodus 24:12, 31:18,32:15. 2 kings 2:8, 2 chronicles 34:15, everything was written down, do not be deceived.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by odumchi: 1:54am On Oct 19, 2012
Abagworo:

You're right. To tell you the truth, I'm getting tired of these Igbo-Israelite stories.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obatala, King Of The Igbo Nation- Igbodefender.com / Yariyan / Traditional Music From Your Respective West African Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.