Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Do Animals Pray? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Animals Pray? (3127 Views)

Why Do Animals Die ? / Where Do Animals Go To When They Die. / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Animals Pray? by tobechi74: 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2012
I know u wil cal dis a silly question. But b4 u do, let me xplain d reasn 4 askin dis question.

I visitd imo state in amakohia, my aunt place near ST Marks church. The compound was 2 storeybuildin facin each other ocupied by tenants includin my aunt..
My aunt room was oposite a family who were strong catholics.my aunt atends livin faith.

One wekend, i went to watch d real madrid vs sevila match and came bak late in d night.i calld d keeper to open d gate. Then i noticd al d dogs round d apartment oposite my aunts . I shone my touch light and saw dat they were facing up. I lukd to see what they were lookin at. THEY WERE LOOKIN AT A 2FeeT WOODING CROSS HUNG OVER THE DOOR. Their mouth was moving but no sound.

I walkd close to them. They didnt even bark nor show dat they noticed my presence.

Dis made me wonda wat they were realy doing. D cros they were steering at made me tink they were prayin.if u were in my shoes, wunt u tink d same?

Dat why am asking, do animals pray?
Re: Do Animals Pray? by OmoAlata(f): 10:35pm On Sep 27, 2012
tobechi74: Then i noticd al d dogs round d apartment oposite my aunts . I shone my touch light and saw dat they were facing up. I lukd to see what they were lookin at. THEY WERE LOOKIN AT A 2FeeT WOODING CROSS HUNG OVER THE DOOR. Their mouth was moving but no sound.

I walkd close to them. They didnt even bark nor show dat they noticed my presence.

You sure they weren't werewolfs howling at the moon grin Anyway, I think the chickens and turkeys pray every Christmas NOT to be eaten grin

3 Likes

Re: Do Animals Pray? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 27, 2012
Then they really need to contribute money to buy a bible cos its clearly stated in the ten commandments that u should not make nor worship any image whatsoever.
But i hope u help them read it?
Or did they go to school too?(just joking)
Re: Do Animals Pray? by mkmyers45(m): 11:33pm On Sep 27, 2012
Yes they pray to Ewa..She alone do they pray to..
Re: Do Animals Pray? by saintvc(m): 6:39am On Sep 28, 2012
tobechi74: I know u wil cal dis a silly question. But b4 u do, let me xplain d reasn 4 askin dis question.

I visitd imo state in amakohia, my aunt place near ST Marks church. The compound was 2 storeybuildin facin each other ocupied by tenants includin my aunt..
My aunt room was oposite a family who were strong catholics.my aunt atends livin faith.

One wekend, i went to watch d real madrid vs sevila match and came bak late in d night.i calld d keeper to open d gate. Then i noticd al d dogs round d apartment oposite my aunts . I shone my touch light and saw dat they were facing up. I lukd to see what they were lookin at. THEY WERE LOOKIN AT A 2FeeT WOODING CROSS HUNG OVER THE DOOR. Their mouth was moving but no sound.

Dis made me wonda wat they were realy doing. D cros they were steering at made me tink they were prayin.if u were in my shoes, wunt u tink d same?

yes they do, we just cant hear them.

Take d cock 4 example, every day break, it crows. Daily. What do you think its doing? It is praising God for yet another day.animals pray.
Re: Do Animals Pray? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:08am On Sep 28, 2012
Who said animals don't "pray"? wink

Re: Do Animals Pray? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:21am On Sep 28, 2012
tobechi74: I know u wil cal dis a silly question. But b4 u do, let me xplain d reasn 4 askin dis question.

shocked shocked shocked

Re: Do Animals Pray? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:19pm On Sep 28, 2012
Who is the deity animals pray to, then? What is the name? Which part of the globe is he from? In which scripture does he live. Is their god even a HE or a SHE? Maybe folks who own dogs or cats can quiz their pets to get some answers from the horses mouth. Ooops! There is another animal that prays.
Re: Do Animals Pray? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
Jenwitemi:

Who is the deity animals pray to, then? What is the name? Which part of the globe is he from? In which scripture does he live. Is their god even a HE or a SHE? Maybe folks who own dogs or cats can quiz their pets to get some answers from the horses mouth. Ooops! There is another animal that prays.

Ask the kofeso Owl. shocked

1 Like

Re: Do Animals Pray? by maclatunji: 1:06pm On Sep 28, 2012
^LOL. Brilliant Picture!
Re: Do Animals Pray? by seyibrown(f): 3:26pm On Sep 28, 2012
No they don't pray! grin grin
Re: Do Animals Pray? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2012
seyibrown:

No they don't pray! grin grin

But you must admit that they do see tings. cheesy
Re: Do Animals Pray? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
It's hard to believe how some Christians mock prayer.
Re: Do Animals Pray? by Joagbaje(m): 7:48pm On Sep 28, 2012
They may not PRAY but they surely PREY

1 Like

Re: Do Animals Pray? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:53pm On Sep 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcPl_VVDAK8

Who said animals don't pray?
Re: Do Animals Pray? by saintvc(m): 7:30am On Sep 29, 2012
Jenwitemi, animals pray to d same deity that human beings pray to.

Animals pray for the samd reason human pray for
Re: Do Animals Pray? by Jenwitemi(m): 7:48am On Sep 29, 2012
How do you reckon? Did the animal kingdom holy ghost told you that?
saintvc: Jenwitemi, animals pray to d same deity that human beings pray to.

Re: Do Animals Pray? by saintvc(m): 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2012
Are u an atheist? If yes, then

most atheist belive that human are higher animal

and that human evolve from animals

then, we evolvd our praying habit from animal
Re: Do Animals Pray? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 29, 2012
Joagbaje:
They may not PRAY but they surely PREY
Omo Alata:

You sure they weren't werewolfs howling at the moon grin Anyway, I think the chickens and turkeys pray every Christmas NOT to be eaten grin
grin grin
Re: Do Animals Pray? by mumumugu(m): 8:03pm On Sep 29, 2012

are u sure u were not DRUNK that nite after d match.and then u started SEEING DOUBLE

1 Like

Re: Do Animals Pray? by FMK(m): 5:58am On Sep 30, 2012
Omo Alata:

you funny guy grin anyway psalm says let everything that breathe praise the lord
Re: Do Animals Pray? by Ptolomeus(m): 11:40pm On Sep 30, 2012
Some Christians want to promote both their faith, they fall into the ridiculous, and they even Onden his own god.
Re: Do Animals Pray? by saintvc(m): 11:26pm On Oct 01, 2012
Animal pray, plant pray. Only ateist dnt pray. No wonda d bible cal dem fools
Re: Do Animals Pray? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:14am On Oct 02, 2012
saintvc: Jenwitemi, animals pray to d same deity that human beings pray to.

what deity is that? Olodmare? Amadioha? or jesus the man-God?
Re: Do Animals Pray? by seyibrown(f): 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2012
grin Charlie's clearly repeating what he's overheard. He will repeat ANYTHING he hears! Loads of cussing and moaning parrots about, you know ... but thank God this one prays! cheesy grin Ever wondered why couples don't keep parrots in their bedrooms or why no videos of any bedroom parrots are about? LOL!
Re: Do Animals Pray? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:37pm On Oct 09, 2012
seyibrown:

grin Charlie's clearly repeating what he's overheard. He will repeat ANYTHING he hears! Loads of cussing and moaning parrots about, you know ... but thank God this one prays! cheesy grin Ever wondered why couples don't keep parrots in their bedrooms or why no videos of any bedroom parrots are about? LOL!

We thank God for parrots that blow whistle. See how this parrot repeated what its master trained it to say:

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shone his flashlight around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place in his sack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying:

"Jesus is watching you".

He nearly jumped out of his skin, switched his flashlight off and froze. When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, promised himself to take a break after the next big score, then flicked the light back on and began searching for more valuables. Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, as clear as a bell he heard the words:

"Jesus is watching you."

Totally rattled, he shone his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot.

"Did you just say that?"

He hissed at the parrot.

"Yes,"

the parrot confessed, then squawked,

"I'm just trying to warn you."

The burglar relaxed.

"Warn me, huh? Who do you think you are any way?"

"Moses,"

Replied the bird.

"Moses?"

the burglar laughed.

"What kind of silly people would name a parrot 'Moses'?"

The bird promptly answered:

"The same kind of people that would name a Rottweiler 'Jesus'! shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

The Real Name Of Jesus: Power In The Name Or Power In The Myth? / Are There Good Marine Spirits? / If We Are Born Sinful/sinners Why Can't You Accept People Are Born Gay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.