Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,510 members, 7,954,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:48 PM

Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK (4292 Views)

Oluwadamilare Baiyewu, Nigerian Rapist Jailed For 24 Years In The UK / How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? / Indonesia Executes Eight Prisoners Including Nigerians For Drugs Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:04am On Sep 28, 2012
Having admitted to 178 burglaries, and with a previous spell in jail for the same offence to his name, Taoreed Ogboye must have been expecting another stint in prison.

Instead, the judge gave him another chance and ordered him to take part in a rehabilitation course.
Ogboye, 24, began in a positive fashion by starring in a crime prevention video for police, in which he advised families to keep lights on, install alarms and CCTV and keep valuables in safes.
But barely a month later he was ransacking people’s homes again.

He has now been jailed for five years for the crime spree, which netted around £400,000 of valuables – none of which has been recovered.
And the Mail can reveal the initial reprieve was granted despite Ogboye previously receiving a 42-month jail term for burglary, the proceeds of which paid for an Audi TT and an apartment in a luxury development where he rubbed shoulders with pop stars, actors and Premier League footballers.
One of his victims, who asked not to be named, said: ‘He wasn’t a drug addict who arguably couldn’t help himself – he was just plain greedy. Why did they give him the chance to offend again?’
Ogboye’s life of crime began when he was 16. By 2007, he was ransacking homes throughout Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and London. He targeted Asian families, believing they would be more likely to have valuable gold and jewellery.

Last September, he entered a house in Luton and took £30,000 of valuables. On December 16 a neighbour alerted police to a raid on a Watford address and Ogboye was found hiding in a wheelie bin.
At court on April 23, he admitted to three offences and asked for 175 more to be taken into consideration.
Judge Andrew Bright, QC, deferred sentence and put him on the ‘Choices and Consequences’ rehabilitation programme, under which he had to wear an electronic tag and obey a 9pm to 6am curfew.

Chance: Judge Andrew Bright QC told Ogboye that he had wasted an opportunity to change his life when he jailed him yesterday at Luton Crown Court
But as soon as May 28, London-born Ogboye was back to his old ways, when he and another man broke into a house in Hatfield, Hertfordshire. More jewellery was taken from a house in Barnet on June 5.
Ogboye, of Hatfield, was arrested after his electronic tag showed he had been in both areas at the time.
Appearing at Luton Crown Court yesterday, he admitted attempted burglary and burglary. He was also dealt with for the offences he admitted earlier this year.

'He wasn't a drug addict who arguably couldn't help himself – he was just plain greedy. Why did they give him the chance to offend again?'
Prosecutor Neil King described the defendant as a ‘burglar of considerable professionalism’ whom other criminals paid to act as a ‘burglary consultant’ by identifying the best properties to target.
Veronica Reeve, defending, claimed her client broke into homes to prove he wasn’t in league with police after other criminals saw the anti-crime video and assumed he was informing on them.
Jailing Ogboye yesterday, Judge Bright said he had ‘seemed to be trying’ to leave his life of crime behind but added: ‘Your commitment was shortlived.’
A Hertfordshire Police spokesman yesterday defended the rehabilitation programme, saying: ‘Ogboye was addicted to a lavish lifestyle, which is quite difficult to get away from. He liked living the high life.
‘He couldn’t be helped but admitted 170-odd offences which might never have been solved otherwise.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2209505/Burglar-178-offences-spared-prison-star-anti-crime-video--hes-again.html
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:05am On Sep 28, 2012
Another tinubu in the making ! 20 years from now he would come back to Nigerian to claim his throne as the "messiah" of Nigerian politics LOL grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:17am On Sep 28, 2012
@Eko atlantic thanks for bumping the thread . More Nairalanders need to see how "your people" are representing Nigeria in the UK . No wonder the average brit think Nigerians are low life scum bags, We have your people to thank for that grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by EkoAtlantic: 10:33am On Sep 28, 2012
^^
You're welcome anytime
Chop knuckle wink

Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by phreakabit(m): 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
This guy is on the right path to becoming a future South Western Political strong man.
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by Mrchippychappy(m): 12:43pm On Sep 28, 2012
phreakabit: This guy is on the right path to becoming a future South Western Political strong man.

cool
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by wonlasewonimi: 12:45pm On Sep 28, 2012
Where did you see he is from Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:04pm On Sep 28, 2012
wonlasewonimi: Where did you see he is from Nigeria?

Ogboye no be Yoruba name again ?
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by redsun(m): 2:21pm On Sep 28, 2012
He is british,they get away easily with burgling homes here in the UK,and sometimes even get pays on the back by the judge for being brave as nurglars.Non junky burglars like him live effortlessly well in eglnad,even shop lifters.
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by dayokanu(m): 3:05pm On Sep 28, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

Ogboye no be Yoruba name again ?

Since when did Ogboye become a Yoruba name and what does it mean in Yoruba
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by gidiMonsta(m): 3:24pm On Sep 28, 2012
dayokanu:

Abi oooo...if not for the Taoreed in his name, I could have sworn Ogboye was an ibo name.
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by tpia5: 3:26pm On Sep 28, 2012
ogboye doesnt seem like a yoruba name.

that's like saying ogbuefi is yoruba.
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by bashr8: 3:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
only one person , nawa oo
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by Mrchippychappy(m): 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2012
tpia@:
ogboye doesnt seem like a yoruba name.

that's like saying ogbuefi is yoruba.

gidiMonsta:

Abi oooo...if not for the Taoreed in his name, I could have sworn Ogboye was an ibo name.

dayokanu:

[size=15pt]SEE AS UNA DEY DENY UNA TRIBES MAN !! I DID A GOOGLE SEARCH AND GUESS WHAT ? . grin grin grin grin[/size]

https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=ogboye&sugexp=chrome,mod=7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I just keep falling in love with google . Check my signature btw grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by Mrchippychappy(m): 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2012
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
@Tpia @dayokanu why do you think this story didn't make the frontpage . grin grin grin grin grin . Na one of una broda na grin
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by tpia5: 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2012
you've still failed to provide any evidence the guy is yoruba.

isnt that the same way you and your folk were making fun of that other woman who is actually your kinsman?
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by tpia5: 4:03pm On Sep 28, 2012
if you google ojo, wont it pull up a bunch of yoruba names.

does that make ojo maduekwe, yoruba.
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:06pm On Sep 28, 2012
tpia@:
you've still failed to provide any evidence the guy is yoruba.

isnt that the same way you and your folk were making fun of that other woman who is actually your kinsman?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2012
tpia@:
if you google ojo, wont it pull up a bunch of yoruba names.

does that make ojo maduekwe, yoruba.

Show me one Hausa , Ijaw or Igbo man that answers the name Ogboye and i would show you a flying elephant grin grin grin grin . You are making a f00l of yourself my dia ! drop this arguement and move on . Embrace Mr.Ogboye he is ya brother grin grin grin . As for that crap you wrote well first of all Ojo = Yoruba , Maduekwe = Igbo , The surname determines the origin BESIDES Taoreed = Yoruba , Ogboye = Yoruba , that means Yoruba + Yoruba = Yoruba . Taoreed is ya brother . END OF STORY grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by tpia5: 4:28pm On Sep 28, 2012
like i said, YOU DID NOT PROVIDE ANY EVIDENCE THE GUY IS YORUBA.

do you speak english, or should i translate into your village lingo grin
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by tpia5: 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

[b]Show me one Hausa , Ijaw or Igbo man that answers the name Ogboye and i would show you a flying elephant grin grin grin grin . You are making a f00l of yourself my dia ! drop this arguement and move on .
[/size]

akunyili at first glance seems like a yoruba name.

does that make the bearers yoruba.

ode ni e jo.

and stop typing in bold font- are you hyperventilating or something.

just because someone's hometown is not known, doesnt make the person yoruba- this is primary school knowledge. grin Did you attend primary school at all.
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2012
tpia@:

Its not about "what seems to be" its about "what actually is" . Akunyili SEEMS like a yoruba name but is NOT a yoruba name, Ogboye doesn't seem like a yoruba name BUT IS a yoruba name. ONCE AGAIN drop this silly arguement , stop denying your brother , Mr Ogboye is a yoruba man . Google has proven that . END OF STORY ROFLMAO
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2012
tpia@:

ode ni e jo.

and stop typing in bold font- are you hyperventilating or something.

just because someone's hometown is not known, doesnt make the person yoruba- this is primary school knowledge. grin Did you attend primary school at all.

I would ask you once again , SHOW ME ONE IGBO , IJAW , EFIK , HAUSA , IBIBIO , URHOBO as a matter of fact show me someone who isn't from the yoruba tribe that answers the name OGBOYE and i would show you a flying elephant or better still show me a yoruba man that has an igbo first name and last name . This Guy na una broda , you can't deny it .
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by tpia5: 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

[size=12pt]Its not about "what seems to be" its about "what actually is" . Akunyili SEEMS like a yoruba name but is NOT a yoruba .

ok then.

Name Ogboye doesn't seem like a yoruba name BUT IS a yoruba name.

do you see how d.aft you sound?

look at the man's photo- you dont see any resemblance between yourself and him? abi no be your village features be that.

and yorubas are telling you ogboye doesnt seem like a yoruba name, and you still want to argue?

bring proof, not sentiment.

ONCE AGAIN drop this silly arguement , stop denying your brother , Mr Ogboye is a yoruba man . Google has proven that . END OF STORY ROFLMAO

google did not say you should be giving them a bad reputation, dear.
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2012
tpia@:

ok then.

do you see how d.aft you sound?

look at the man's photo- you dont see any resemblance between yourself and him? abi no be your village features be that.

and yorubas are telling you ogboye doesnt seem like a yoruba name, and you still want to argue?

bring proof, not sentiment.

google did not say you should be giving them a bad reputation, dear.

WTF Is this an argument about his facial structure or his name and ethnicity ? How old are you ? Come on ! You can come up with a better defense tactic than that . Geez !!! I've been arguing with a nincompoop all along and i didn't realize .

Ogboye might not SEEM like a yoruba name BUT it IS ACTUALLY a yoruba name and that's what MATTERS grin grin grin grin. Once again Its not about "what seems to be" rather its about "what actually is" . Besides why should i believe the words of a bunch of snakes when i can enquire DIRECTLY from my lovely friend GOOGLE cool cool cool

P:s: That APE doesn't look like me in ANYWAY . HE looks more like Obasanjo ...correct me if i am wrong but that's another one of your "brothers" right ?
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by dayokanu(m): 5:03pm On Sep 28, 2012
Imagine someonje even said Taoreed is a Yoruba name
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by Mrchippychappy(m): 5:13pm On Sep 28, 2012
Here is his full name :

Taoreed Oladapo Ogboye
http://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/crown-court-lists-results.php

I'm sure that isn't enough proof for these Yoruba Apes . This Ogboye APE is one of your brothers , deal with it cheesy cheesy cheesy . The Average brit look down on Nigerians because of these APES who unfortunately make up about 80% of Nigerians in the UK.
Re: Nigerian Behind 178 Criminal Offences In The UK by tpia5: 5:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
Obasanjo is said to be your igbo brother, you baboon.

As per name, your thread is still an UNPRECEDENTED FAIL, sorry.

And yes, the fellow resembles you- go look in the mirror, na your dna be that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking! Lesb!an Women R*ped & Tortured In Order To Correct Them Frm Lesb!anism / See How A Girl Murdered Her Roommate As Other Roommates / Man Scatters Ex-girlfriend Traditional Marriage, Demands For N22M In Imo (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.